04/09/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

RussTCB

24 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

I was watching last night on periscope the show and thinking, technology is amazing, right? back in the day, the only way to watch a show that you were not there was if someone recorded or the band recorded pro shot or some tv station bought the rights to it, now you can just pick your phone out of your pocket and stream the whole thing to people in the whole world

i was thinking about it during the concert, that not too long ago (2010), we'd have to wait on jarmo or anybody else who attended to update us with the setlist... its crazy...

1 hour ago, wagrez said:

yeah... but...

the crowds looks like shit... (in all the world)

nobody enjoys the shows anymore the way it should be...

How so? 

In the streams, the people on the floor seemed to be into the show.

Is it because you didn't see any drunken fights breaking out?  Personally, I think it's great that the fans on the floor were actually interested in watching the band onstage instead of getting into drunken brawls with people. I'm guessing it's because many of GNR's diehard fans are older and wiser, and really appreciate the chance they have to see this band play together again. 

Edit:  Or are you referring to all the people filming events with their phones instead of actually watching the event? If so, you have a good point.

Edited by madison
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

I was watching last night on periscope the show and thinking, technology is amazing, right? back in the day, the only way to watch a show that you were not there was if someone recorded or the band recorded pro shot or some tv station bought the rights to it, now you can just pick your phone out of your pocket and stream the whole thing to people in the whole world

I too was thinking how amazing it was to be able to watch live streams, following people from outside in the rain, watching them climb escalators into the venue, and seeing the bars, seats and stage. It made me feel like I was there. And, then of course, the chance to watch the band play onstage from the guys periscoping on the floor was pretty awesome. Sure, the quality wasn't always that great - but I'll bet even that will improve in another year. Tech advances are just amazing.   

• Like 1

the problem with these tech advances is that the sense of reality (distance, time, space) is on the verge of being completely lost.

it makes people have an artificial sense of reality, but it's not the place to talk about this, i guess.

i'm kind of a luddite.

Edited by supercool

Yeah, i'm sure it's kind of a bummer for the bands to see a crowd with a sea of cell phones at shows but I love how technology has allowed us to watch all kinds of concerts live with strangers from around the world, pretty incredible....although I ended up passing out before the show last night. I'm going to try to stay awake for tonight's show though.

Edited by born2boogie

15 minutes ago, madison said:

How so? 

In the streams, the people on the floor seemed to be into the show.

Is it because you didn't see any drunken fights breaking out?  Personally, I think it's great that the fans on the floor were actually interested in watching the band onstage instead of getting into drunken brawls with people. I'm guessing it's because many of GNR's diehard fans are older and wiser, and really appreciate the chance they have to see this band play together again. 

Edit:  Or are you referring to all the people filming events with their phones instead of actually watching the event? If so, you have a good point.

yeah... i mean looks like they are most interested in filming than enjoy the moment... it seems that for a band must be so boring... i miss the headbangers!!!

sorry for the bad english...