Izzy and steven

Who knows. Izzy stays in hiding..If he feels like getting up on Stage with them, he'll reach out..

Steven has taken the Izzy approach it seems. And if the rumors are true that he's had a back operation, then He's not gonna be available for a the forseeable future as Back injuries are the worst. 

14 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Who knows. Izzy stays in hiding..If he feels like getting up on Stage with them, he'll reach out..

Steven has taken the Izzy approach it seems. And if the rumors are true that he's had a back operation, then He's not gonna be available for a the forseeable future as Back injuries are the worst. 

If I had to choose which one to have right now, it would be Steven Adler. His drumming would make a world of difference. These songs have not sounded the way they were meant to sound since he was fired. Frank is a mess.

Matt Sorum is not the answer since he sucks on AFD material. And if you listen to Steven's play on the UYI stuff, you can see he Matt messed those up as well.

Edited by SWINGTRADER
  • Like 1

It's a good question. Until axl slash or duff speak we really don't know for certain so we have to base our opinions off of the little we know. 

I have to assume Adler is hurt and Izzy isn't on the same page negotiations wise. It's frustrating because this thing could go from awesome to truly special. 

We have a two month gap between the last coachella show and the beginning of the summer leg in the states. A lot can happen between now and then.

Can anyone blame Izzy? The guy started the band, left because he begged the other guys to get sober and they wouldn't, was tired of putting up with fines and the other guys showing up late all day long along with being drunk and high while doing it, and somehow at the same time being the childhood friend of Axl and only other sober person in the band being asked to go on salary back in 1991. Now they finally come back sober and reunited, and he gets lowballed and never even considered for a full time spot. In addition to that he openly supported Axl and Guns while Slash/Duff go on the shit-talking press tour of 2004-2007, while simultaneously guesting with Velvet Revolver. He also had the foresight to leave VR instead of sticking around for another 3 years of ridiculously late starts, drug abuse, and on stage ramblings. Meanwhile, people like Duff who never wrote anything and is nowhere close to the level of Slash get to walk in and demand an equal share after having zero contact with Axl for 15 years, and Izzy gets offered a part time 3 songs a night slot for some ridiculously low number. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Izzy having high demands and everything to do with the three AFD members not wanting to split the pie 4 ways. Esacerbated by the fact that no ChiDem material would be able to be performed if you subbed in Izzy for Fortus.

That's all there is to it!

Edited by izzy92
  • Like 1

Yet Izzy despite playing with Axl and Slash simultanously had done nothing to mend things between them because, as it typical for Izzy, it would be too much effort and too much fuss. The "never wrote anything" Duff, on the other hand, as soon as he had a chance to get any closer to Axl, took the effort and the fuss and did the hard work to bring those two guys back together for which he definitely desrves and equal share or more. Because without it, there would be no reunion.

Not to mention that it's not true that Duff never wrote anything. Didn't Duff write "It's so easy" and some other stuff? As far as I'm aware the only one who didn't contribute anything to AfD was Steven (at least when it comes to song-writing).

Really, I have a lot of sympathy for Izzy and can understand his decisions only too well for the most part, but that's no reason to talk shit about Duff. Duff absolutely deserves to be where he is. He's a reasonable and good-hearted, caring guy. He's the one who manages to mend broken relationships and probably the one we have to thank for this whole reunion coming about in the first place. He's like the glue that holds everything together imo.

• Like 2

Duff has always been a hard worker and he puts on a great show live. Also he is friends with everybody. For a tour I bet he is seen as a bigger asset than Izzy. There is no doubt in my mind that he takes on a bigger responsibility both on and off stage. 

However, do we even know any of the things stated above? Do we know Duff gets and equal share and do we know Izzy was offered a few songs a night while wanting to commit fully to a whole stadium tour? This sound like a lot of speculation. 

• Like 1

No, we don't want any of that and especially the part where Izzy was offered a few songs a night seems very little probable for me. Why would anyone want to carry Izzy with them to offer them a few songs a night? That doesn't make any sense. Have no idea what Izzy's problem was, maybe we'll find out one day. Most likely he wasn't offered 3 songs a night though.

We don't really know anything, but I could imagine a scenario where Slash/Axl/Duff split the profits between them and the rest of the band gets some kind of salary. When they approached Izzy they maybe wanted to put him on a salary as well instead of him being given the same status Slash/Axl/Duff and Izzy basically said "Fuck this shit!" and was off. Being treated like a hired hand or second-class citizen in the band he founded would probably not go over well with Izzy.

But at this point, it's all just speculation. The only one who is clearly bitter about the whole thing is Matt Sorum :lol:

I assume for Izzy the problem was money.

Steven hurt his back, Marc has confirmed it, I hope he gets better soon. Those arrow sticks belonged to him, so Im sure he did rehearse with the band. 

I mean comparatively the songwriting were probably 8-1 Izzy-Duff, but more importantly Duff was a huge reason why Guns broke up in the first place, drunk or high every show and getting worse every day of the UYI tour. He was also a huge factor in the VR press tour which deepened the divide by bashing Axl all the time. He also was one of two people who supposedly 'made up' the signing the name over situation. Meanwhile Izzy has played with every single person since he left in the first place. It's totally unfair to offer him anything less than at least a 15/100% share of the profits or a salary + profits deal for 7-8 songs. They don't carry him on tour, in the past when he wants to play they pay his travel and give him his fee.

I miss Izzy but his heart isn't in it and for him that's important.  Richard is doing a great job tho I'd take him over any other Nu GNR guitarist 

I donno if I'd want izzy on third guitar id want him on rhythm with him giving Richard a break

I can't imagine Izzy wanting to do a full stadium tour. Doesn't seem like his style. But the fact that he started a twitter and announced his non-involvement is very intriguing and not very "Izzy."

I hope he does some guest appearances at some dates though, and obviously it would be great it he worked on some new songs with the other dudes for a new album :shrugs:

26 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Steven hurt his back, Marc has confirmed it, I hope he gets better soon. Those arrow sticks belonged to him, so Im sure he did rehearse with the band. 

where's the link to marc confirming?

36 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

as bad as i feel that his back is injured id take marcs response as largely positive news.  1. sounds like axl is willing to play w steven.  2.  sounds like he's not strung out or in rehab.

45 minutes ago, izzy92 said:

I mean comparatively the songwriting were probably 8-1 Izzy-Duff, but more importantly Duff was a huge reason why Guns broke up in the first place, drunk or high every show and getting worse every day of the UYI tour. He was also a huge factor in the VR press tour which deepened the divide by bashing Axl all the time. He also was one of two people who supposedly 'made up' the signing the name over situation. Meanwhile Izzy has played with every single person since he left in the first place. It's totally unfair to offer him anything less than at least a 15/100% share of the profits or a salary + profits deal for 7-8 songs. They don't carry him on tour, in the past when he wants to play they pay his travel and give him his fee.

How do you even know any of this is true? Also, Duff co-wrote 5 songs on Appetite, if not more. Maybe Izzy wrote in total more than Duff for the band, but it's not like Duff only had a really small contribution to the songwriting process.

21 minutes ago, EvanG said:

How do you even know any of this is true? Also, Duff co-wrote 5 songs on Appetite, if not more. Maybe Izzy wrote in total more than Duff for the band, but it's not like Duff only had a really small contribution to the songwriting process.

It's definitely 100% true. The only thing I needed to confirm it was Izzy saying 'at this point in time'. Why would anybody who was unsure if they wanted to play say that? They'd say 'I'm opting out, I'm staying home doing *blank*, best of luck on the road guys.' Izzy isn't a stranger, he's worked with everybody in the last 3 years. He is holding out for a fair and reasonable offer, and seeing his track record I'm sure it's fair and reasonable.

26 minutes ago, izzy92 said:

It's definitely 100% true. The only thing I needed to confirm it was Izzy saying 'at this point in time'. Why would anybody who was unsure if they wanted to play say that? They'd say 'I'm opting out, I'm staying home doing *blank*, best of luck on the road guys.' Izzy isn't a stranger, he's worked with everybody in the last 3 years. He is holding out for a fair and reasonable offer, and seeing his track record I'm sure it's fair and reasonable.

Unless you know them personally or was there I don't think anyone can be 100% sure...  there can be so many reasons why Izzy isn't involved.

Edited by EvanG