Kaneda's 25 Years in The Making Vegas Review

Really nice review man, all the things you have said, I can relate to it. 

You just reminded me of the old days How I used to wait for CD to come out, like man it was delayed and delayed and delayed.

It is annoying when people are standing like Zombies, like man some people don't even know Sweet Child, im like how the fuck you don't know that song?

I hope to see this band, im saving money from now. 

Were you in the GA pit? 

I was GA both nights.  Really enjoyed the second night SO MUCH MORE because we stayed back near the end of GA and just rocked out!  Was great meeting GNR 1991 :)....he's a REAL FAN. Who you go with will either make you love the show or just have an OK time.  It's impossible to not like a GNR show. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Kaneda said:

2. Tired / Lame Fans:  Not the bands fault, but I'm always shocked at how few people sing / dance at these shows.  Me and the crew I was with were going crazy for each song.  And there were moments I would just look around and see people just standing there, staring blankly at the performance.  Really?  Guns N Fucking Roses are back after 23 years and you're just gonna watch emotionless?  Part of this boils down to the fact that the fan base is older, and let's be honest, these shows are past most of their bed times :) Mine included.  There's also an energy to the shows that goes up and down, which is my next point. 

Great review Kaneda!

Glad you had a great time. 

Regarding your comment about fans not singing or dancing at the shows ... I think it's because many are busy using their phones to record the show instead of just enjoying the show. it must be frustrating for the band to look out into the crowd and see a sea of phones instead of headbangers and diehard fans dancing to the music. 

I have mixed thoughts on this. As someone who enjoyed watching the periscope streams from home these past two nights, I greatly appreciated the fans who took the time to stream the shows with their phones.

On the other hand, if I was at the show, I would prefer there were no phones inside the venue (similar to what they did at the Troubadour) so that fans could truly take in all the sights and sounds of the show while they're there.   .... It's like the running joke people used to make about guys who would take a ton of photos when they were on vacation. And when someone asked the guy how his vacation went, he'd say he has to look at the photos to find out. :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madison said:

Great review Kaneda!

Glad you had a great time. 

Regarding your comment about fans not singing or dancing at the shows ... I think it's because many are busy using their phones to record the show instead of just enjoying the show. it must be frustrating for the band to look out into the crowd and see a sea of phones instead of headbangers and diehard fans dancing to the music. 

I have mixed thoughts on this. As someone who enjoyed watching the periscope streams from home these past two nights, I greatly appreciated the fans who took the time to stream the shows with their phones.

On the other hand, if I was at the show, I would prefer there were no phones inside the venue (similar to what they did at the Troubadour) so that fans could truly take in all the sights and sounds of the show while they're there.   .... It's like the running joke people used to make about guys who would take a ton of photos when they were on vacation. And when someone asked the guy how his vacation went, he'd say he has to look at the photos to find out. :D

This is what they used at the Troubadour show: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/10/i-let-yondr-lock-my-smartphone-in-a-sock-so-i-could-live-in-the-moment/

I had wondered if they'd consider using Yondr when I heard there were no phones in the venue, and sure enough - they did.

I think we will see this technology becoming commonplace for events for the reasons you mention... it's freaking awesome for people to be able to watch at home, but it's very, very distracting attending a live event and seeing people holding everything from smartphones and cameras to fucking tablets above their heads trying desperately to film the show from the pit. Not just for the artists, but other audience members too.

I think you'll see stuff like this becoming more common - hopefully people can begin to get back to enjoying the experience, rather than feeling the need to document everything they see for social media.

Anyway, nice review Kaneda. Man, I remember the days when your repetitive threads were some of the most entertaining on here.... we really had nothing to talk about at all back then. Now we've got Axl and Slash sharing a stage, playing Coma. 

Good review, sir. 

What a great weekend!  I'm with you about the GN'R shirts everywhere. I love it.  I'm at the airport now and about 15 or 20 ppl at my gate are wearing their shirts.  I feel like I just attended a Guns N' Roses annual convention of sorts where 30,000 or more fans gathered to all be a part of this big moment.  The band should consider playing here every year until they completely hang it up. 

Im excited about everything to come in this next chapter. I'm skipping coachella.  Not my scene but if any of you are going to be in Ciudad de Mexico next week.  Hit me up.

Long live Guns N' Fucking Roses.  

Agree that KOHD was kind of a buzzkill. It is a shame because it never was back in the day. I don't really like Fortus on this song or the current arrangement. Was one of the low points of Friday's show. 

I didn't notice and drop in energy for Coma or Estranged.  At times I think people were just absorbing it and soaking it all in. The slow part in the middle of Coma got a pretty big cheer both nights showing that people were paying attention. 

I don't agree about nobody caring or noticing whether Axl sounds good or not. I could certainly tell when he was off Friday night and it was quite a bit. That was my first time seeing those 3 together in 23 years so I was riding the excitement from that so Axl's vocals weren't going to ruin anything for me that night.  I watched a bunch of videos from Saturday's show this afternooon and he sounded much better the 2nd night. Hopefully it continues.

Also would have loved some Out Ta Get Me and thought Layla was fantastic.. Layla all the way through November Rain was one of the highlights of the night and I would have never guessed that going into the night.

Regarding your comment about fans not being into it, I don't know where you were in GA but I was up front to the far right on night 1, of course I went nuts a few times but honestly I spent a lot of time just soaking in the show. After Coma ended I kind of had to recover, I couldn't believe I'd just seen that. And my voice was sore :lol:
But night 2 I was up top and yea, the phones were annoying. I honestly don't mind if people wanna film a bit or take some pics, but have some common sense - hold your phones near your chest or maybe eye level. But if you raise your phone above your head for a 9 minute song, FUCK YOU. I didn't spend a bunch of money and fly to Vegas to stare at some asshole's phone screen <_<

Edited by Gordon Comstock

That's kind of what I see as a stadium show. They can't go all out for 3 hours. But there's these epic songs that fans love. Some people apreciate the music, guitar solos, ambience and chilled parts. It doesn't have to be party all the time. My favorite part of Coma is that so quiet down by the sea then that build up. 

This is the UYI tour part III. I could see later maybe Steven and Izzy come back and do theatre tour in 2017. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wasted said:

That's kind of what I see as a stadium show. They can't go all out for 3 hours. But there's these epic songs that fans love. Some people apreciate the music, guitar solos, ambience and chilled parts. It doesn't have to be party all the time. My favorite part of Coma is that so quiet down by the sea then that build up. 

This is the UYI tour part III. I could see later maybe Steven and Izzy come back and do theatre tour in 2017. 

And then sometimes you go and make a post that is just 100% clarity :lol: