CD 2 or new album?

Shit that was talked about for years like the main unheard tunes must be released. Atlas, Down By The Ocean, Seven, Berlin, The General, Soul Monster, etc.

If Axl can find a way to organically inject Slash into some or all of the Chinese tunes and release that it could be interesting.

Ideally I'll take the work untouched with Bucket and Robin and then another album from the rest of the stuff in the vault and Slash and Duff's ideas.

Realistically, any release of a new Guns album of original material will be a treat. I trust Axl artistically.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Love the idea of a Deluxe Chinese. Call it Chinese Stew lol.

1: Chinese Democracy Deluxe Edition (Chinese Stew): Remixed Tracks 1-14 + Oh My God Disc 1, Demos Disc 2  + Bonus Tracks With Slash & Duff (Atlas Shrugged, The General, maybe 2 more)  

2: New Album, Collection of older works finalised (93-97) + Totally new recordings in no particular order, maybe 16 tracks Disc 1, Disc 2: Live From The Troubadour 1/4/16  

In a perfect world we would get a Slash Chinese Democracy remix record, and his take on Chinese 2. While we're enjoying long awaited new music (new to us) they can start work on a completely new record (maybe Izzy contributions?). New material would be great, but it would take years to get it.  They would have to finish the tour and then make a record. Add in Axl's perfectionism it could be a long wait. So if I had to pick one or the other it would be CD2, because at least we would have something to listen to while we wait for new music!

• Like 1

I'd like to see the "G" disc be brand new stuff with Slash, Duff, Dave Kushner, & Izzy the "R"disc  being ChiDem era with some changes here and there, having Robin and Brain back as well as Slash and Duff on those songs. 

They can always do a Deluxe Edition if they want to put leftovers out. 

No album title, just Guns N' Roses. 

Edited by dalsh327

I will like to see first is this tour about money or they are really cool again, with Axl it can fall apart in seconds. If it works i don't care what will they call album CD 2 or something new but they sure have some old unfinished songs, and it combined with new stuff now when Slash and Duff are back they should write great songs again.

Here are the songs from the Tobias era (1997-2001):

Chinese, Better, Street Of Dreams, There Was A Time, If The World, Catcher In The Rye, Riad, IRS, Madagascar, Prostitute, it's the real Chinese with Oh My God, Silkworms, and perhaps in my mind Oklahoma and Atlas Shrugged.

After that (after 2001) the songs that had been brought up were Shackler's Revenge, Scraped, Sorry (This I Love and Catcher In the Rye later with BBF) those are the songs that could tell us what CDII should sound. Not exactly appealing considering that TIL is old as hell, it's axl's little baby with a deer hunter section.

- BBF is involved on every single damn song on Chinese Democracy. Crazy.

- Richard is featured only on Chi Dem, Better, Street Of Dreams, There Was A Time and Prostitute. ( Those songs might have been worked hard in 2002). 'The singles'

Some say on the 'truth' section, that Richard and Ferrer are heavily involved in the songwriting section in CDII, what I think in the bag of CDII there is mostly Tobias era non ChiDem songs (from 1997-2001, like Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged) Bucket/Finch songs from 2001-2004 like Shackler, Scraped and Sorry (Soul Monster, Seven, The General, Jackie Chan(fancy titles but could probably sound like Scraped). By 2006, (BBF was never involved in the songwriting process) Richard/Finch songs like Motormouth maybe? But that pretty much it. We have names of more than fifteen new songs but are they all good? Tommy said twenty three. In 2009, Axl could have wanted to fill the hole with three, four new songs like in good old 2001 introducing new Fortus/BBF/Ashba songs and a Tommy Stinson song and CDII would have been a done deal by now. They were "working on it" they said.

Last year, they said the album is done, apparently, The General wasn't even finished in 2013 yet Slash is now involved in Atlas? Yeah, "done".

You have know Slash and Duff in the band, all oiled up, they can write stuff in weeks, and you've got the 95' vault songs like Down By The Ocean need to be heard.

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

On April 11, 2016 at 6:17 AM, supercool said:

slash and duff should re-record the best cd2 songs and write some new songs with axl.

Seems like the best way to get something out this year. 

Take the 8 best CD2 song and have the big three and Izzy wrote four songs. 

Release it ASAP 

Everybody wins. 

As small as the GnR catalog is, especially over the last 25 years - I just wish Axl would share something with his fans. 

Edited by Apollo

14 hours ago, Original said:

New music.  Not Nu Music.   Toss the "CD2" garbage.   

How can you call it garbage when you haven't heard the songs.

And if, by chance, the band puts out new music, how will we know the difference between CD era songs and newly written songs?

If they are going to put out new music, use whatever material between them that is the strongest.    Could very well come from a variety of places.

• Like 2