CD 2 or new album?

Do you want a Chinese Democracy 2 or a completly new album?

Personally I want a new album, and the kind of album I hope for is in the direction of the acoustic set they did in 1993. Not an acoustic album but an album with more of those kind of songs. Dead flowers, Knocking on heavens door, Used to love her but also a twist of Civil war. That kind of sound I love. And it would be nice with songs that are not that high in the register that Axl can sing when his voice is struggling through the all the high notes. And of course I want it mixed with songs in the style of Appetite :)

It's all new to me so I'm a happy camper either way. I figure between the CD vault, the abandoned '96 (?) album, and other older backlog, they could probably crank out a few albums before they actually have to write an entire brand new one from scratch. 

The upside of that is I think we could get multiple albums. Yes, I'm greedy and stupidly optimistic.

• Like 3

They have a shitload of songs to choose from. Let them work on those first, release CD II and/or some other stuff, and only then start writing something new. They will hopefully have a few tours under their belt by then and their chemistry as a band will improve.

That said, I would love to hear an Axl acoustic/blues/jazzy kind of album, sang with his velvety lower register :drool:

• Deluxe edition of Chinese Democracy (album remixed) w/ demos ranging from 1995-2008 as bonus material on separate discs
  • Live Era '01-'07 (nothing happened between 2009 and 2015)
  • new album with current lineup

That sounds good :axl:

• Like 2

Obviously a new album with material they all have saved over the years (including some songs that would have been on CD 2)

I guarantee between the 3 of them (plus some additions from Fortus) they have at least 14-15 songs that they can collaborate on together, put their own additions to them and come out with a fantastic record that truly sounds like Guns...possibly a hybrid sounding record that would have elements from AFD, Illusions and CD.

• Like 1

whatever it will be, I am sure they already got material to do it, the main question is where the fuck is Izzy ? Without him this not Chinese Lineup, this not AFD lineup ( which in fact  is more or less UYI lineup since most of the songs were written during AFD era). I am just talkin about writting, not performing lineups... They need to convince Izzy to some wy being involved in the writtin project.

2 hours ago, Gackt said:
  • Deluxe edition of Chinese Democracy (album remixed) w/ demos ranging from 1995-2008 as bonus material on separate discs

perfect!

2 hours ago, Gackt said:

Sounds good to me :headbang:

I hope that one day Axl says he wants to bury CD like he said about AFD... but actually mean it this time.  I personally have zero interest in hearing anything that nuGuns may have come up with.  These guys are talented on their own, but together they ruled the world.  If they could come to an agreement with a tour and all that it encompasses, they could certainly work together with new music.  I'm hopeful.

• Like 2

New music is new music.    Whether it comes from stuff in the GnR vault (CD2) or new stuff Slash and Duff bring won't really matter so much.     I'm good with whatever they can get us. 

I'd be surprised however, if we get any new music in 2016.    This tour is about nostalgia.. it's selling out without a need for new songs.