Press Conference/TV Interviews ?

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

What city are you in? Are there still tickets available for that show? If they're selling out the show, they don't need to do a damn thing more. You might want them to, but they don't have to.

And TMZ may think that, but they are demonstrably wrong. So yeah.

HVM0250.png

I wouldn't get too carried away. Not sure these 50,000 plus seated stadiums are selling out like crazy just yet. I mean they appear to be selling but cmon.. This is nothing to go too crazy over just yet. Do they even have an opening act I mean cmon...

16 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I wouldn't get too carried away. Not sure these 50,000 plus seated stadiums are selling out like crazy just yet. I mean they appear to be selling but cmon.. This is nothing to go too crazy over just yet. Do they even have an opening act I mean cmon...

Larger markets appear to be selling great....New York and Chicago are virtually sold out.  Smaller markets like Pittsburgh and Phoenix have a lot of seats left.

Honestly this band has created a lot of promotion on accident. Axl's foot was the talk of the weekend, him using a Nirvana members chair to do the show created some buzz, the fact that they played with almost no incident and put on two excellent shows  was a talking point. The troubadour created a lot of talk and how secretive that show was, then of course we saw Axl and Slash on stage again...so far so good on the promotion. 

Now after April they have about a month or two with nothing. That's where they need to get out and possibly do some work. I'd recommend Howard Stern, people listen to him, his interviews are always in the news and it's going to be a long conversation that can help create enough buzz and enough answers to get the rest of the US shows sold out. 

Now on everyone's just waiting on it to implode again, hopefully they prove everyone wrong 

• Like 1

It's obvious they are going to put together some sort of documentary +books, etc. Maybe even a movie. They aren't going to give all the detail away for free. You will get it, but in a medium they can squeeze extra cash out of you for. Which is fine. Might as well milk it while they can. 

20 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Larger markets appear to be selling great....New York and Chicago are virtually sold out.  Smaller markets like Pittsburgh and Phoenix have a lot of seats left.

Damn. They should start adding second shows to the venue then

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Damn. They should start adding second shows to the venue then

I'm really hoping for a second Chicago show on Saturday or Sunday night so I don't have to take time off work to drive up there and/or back.

also I wonder if maybe they won't add second shows in stadiums, but possibly go second shows in sheds or arenas in same market or close markets (like Coldplay are doing).

Edited by tsinindy

17 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'm really hoping for a second Chicago show on Saturday or Sunday night so I don't have to take time off work to drive up there and/or back.

also I wonder if maybe they won't add second shows in stadiums, but possibly go second shows in sheds or arenas in same market or close markets (like Coldplay are doing).

Yeah I know what you mean! So like for example if they're doing a show on Saturday at MetLife, maybe since Friday is open have a show at msg or Barclay. That'd be cool

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

Throughout the years, every member has said at some point that the media/press helped in creating a rift between them, blowing things up, helping lead to the split. Maybe they now realize the media are the ones who should be avoided like a cancer ;) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

Kurt Loader needs to interview them.

Lol, no.  Whenever he has interviewed the band or Axl Rose, he's been nothing but a kiss-ass, he wouldn't be asking the right questions.

Asking for Kurt Loader is like asking for another Eddie Trunk interview.  I know we don't want that, do we?

Just now, Nosaj Thing said:

Lol, no.  Whenever he has interviewed the band or Axl Rose, he's been nothing but a kiss-ass, he wouldn't be asking the right questions.

Well if the questions are pre reviewed, then well no one could ask the right questions. That Jimmy Kimmel Interview was so......

But I guess the main questions would be that how Axl and Slash came back together and the answer would be like "it had been so many years and you need to move on and blah blah blah"

For me the most interesting question would be that If Izzy was invited or not, If he was then why he declined and why they din't think of bringing in Matt Sorum who is way better than Frank Ferrer and if Steven will be playing future shows if he gets better. 

@Slash787 To be honest, I don't care how Axl and Slash started working together and how the 'feud' ended.  What are they supposed to say?  "We did it for the money, man!"  No way.  The big question that should be asked is: "When THE FUCK are you going to release a new album?"

We need someone who is able to ask this without hesitating.  Any candidates? Besides @Apollo, of course. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nosaj Thing said:

@Slash787 To be honest, I don't care how Axl and Slash started working together and how the 'feud' ended.  What are they supposed to say?  "We did it for the money, man!"  No way.  The big question that should be asked is: "When THE FUCK are you going to release a new album?"

We need someone who is able to ask this without hesitating.  Any candidates? Besides @Apollo, of course. :lol:

Well I did think about the Album question, but the answer will be "soon"

But I have a feeling the album should be released within a year as Slash and Duff are back and they will somehow motivate Axl to get his ass in the studio or well just re re re record the parts. 

On 4/12/2016 at 8:18 PM, EvH said:

Exactly.

I wouldn't understate the importance of creating true hype. At the moment, the legacy Guns community and second-order fans in the rock community are buying tickets.

But this is short of a phenomenon and will not sell out stadiums; those who know little about Guns or for that matter classic rock music are in many cases not even aware there's a reunion underway.

Axl made one big mistake with the shameful promotion behind the Chinese Democracy album: an album he had worked more than a decade on; and he/those others with any leverage should not make the same mistake again. That means promotion in the popular media, new album, etc. Though given the speed at which Axl is able to make any significant decisions, that may be hoping for too much.

2 hours ago, Madagascar88 said:

I wouldn't understate the importance of creating true hype. At the moment, the legacy Guns community and second-order fans in the rock community are buying tickets.

But this is short of a phenomenon and will not sell out stadiums; those who know little about Guns or for that matter classic rock music are in many cases not even aware there's a reunion underway.

Axl made one big mistake with the shameful promotion behind the Chinese Democracy album: an album he had worked more than a decade on; and he/those others with any leverage should not make the same mistake again. That means promotion in the popular media, new album, etc. Though given the speed at which Axl is able to make any significant decisions, that may be hoping for too much.

Interestingly, they are already selling out stadiums...Mexico city, New York, Chicago are all sold out.  Your point does hold true for smaller markets where there are a lot of tickets left such as Pittsburgh.

With regards to Axl and the speed at which he makes decisions, the tour is actually being marketed and managed by Ticketmaster/LiveNation, so the promotion is really in their hands at this point.

We would all love to hear from them, but like many of you have already pointed out: they are doing great without the help of mainstream TV or Radio. Both of which are promoting GnR without GnR having to do any mileage. 

The mystique around this is what's helping keep peoples interest, if they answer all our questions where does that leave them? sure, they'll still do well regardless, but It seems to me that they are getting a kick out of throwing us through a loop, misleading us, probably leaking fake info to keep us busy on wild goose chases. 

In my opinion the best promotion for this tour is not interviews, it's coming on stage on time and continuing to give great performances. They've been getting great reviews, I've even been PM'd on facebook a few times by friends saying "Axl sounds great!" these people don't even like GnR that much, deriding them since Rio and Bridge school. Without a hint of promo they've started to rebuild their image... something none of us would have ever imagined possible 2 years ago. 

It would be cool if they filmed some interviews with someone like Del conducting the interview, similar to how Van Halen did the promo for Different kind of truth, Or let Duff interview Slash and Axl OR my personal favourite would be GnR doing a dinner like Rush did at the end of Beyond the lighted stage, cracking jokes and just having a laugh with each other over a few drinks etc.

I think it's a matter of time before we get the interview, I just doubt it happens at Coachella. GnR are already of to the races, so a killer live stream from Coachella and GnR are on the home stretch for the rest of the summer... as long as they continue playing nice with each other :P 

6 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Asking for Kurt Loader is like asking for another Eddie Trunk interview.  I know we don't want that, do we?

Eddie has said that he himself isn't happy with the interview, and that he would ask harder questions if given the chance again... I mean he did look pretty zapped on that TMS taping same the other two. Now! is he going to blow it and ruin chances of future interviews by asking everything we might want to know? no, but he's definitely gonna get at how they came back together, and if there's new music on the horizon. I think that would please everyone.

New album for the start of next year? reasonable... only if they are using CD material too or IF they start pre production after Coachella / Mexico. Slash can knock out an album in no time if he's given the leg room, just hope we don't have to wait another 5/10 years... considering the clock is still going since CD in 2008, regardless of the regrouping.

A really smart idea, if GNR wants to knock the publicity out the park, is sign a deal with Netflix and/or Hulu for the exclusive rights to the pro shot video of the Tour. Start with the Troubadour/Vegas shows. You'll tap into a new generation of music fans.

GNR doesn't have to do anything Live Nation hasn't asked them to do. I think some people think GNR cares about ticket sales and venues…the promoters do everything and set the agreements for interviews and stuff. GNR literally gets paid money to show up and fulfill whatever interview terms they've agreed to, that's it. Regardless of whether Pittsburgh sells 5 seats or 50,000 GNR is getting paid almost the exact same amount.

Edited by izzy92

• 2 weeks later...

I really think a lot of you are letting the band off lightly with "its ok they're not doing interviews" or it "adds to the mystique". It's time they came out & started answering questions & explaining things., A lot of people are paying a lot of money to see them surely you want to know, why now ? Who reached out to who? How long has this been planned ? Where's Steven & Izzy? Will they be involved at some point? Is this a long term reunion ? Will there be new music ? AXL/DC ? If nobody else wants to know I do & if any of the band are reading this come on guys let's hear what you have to say.

If they don't want to talk about Gn'R, fine. They can just give a release date and an album title via twitter, facebook or whatever the fuck.

But if not, it will be nice to communicate with the fans. This is a huge thing, what, they can't survive something that any band have done in rock? like what's the problem?

It prevents us from experiencing the band fully imo. Like an Axl chat thing with all of them will be cool. This is not a state secret, I'm really happy about the current situation of the band, but there is no good reason imo to stay so quiet. Lighten up and thx for Coma.