Press Conference/TV Interviews ?

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

If they don't want to talk about Gn'R, fine. They can just give a release date and an album title via twitter, facebook or whatever the fuck.

But if not, it will be nice to communicate with the fans. This is a huge thing, what, they can't survive something that any band have done in rock? like what's the problem?

It prevents us from experiencing the band fully imo. Like an Axl chat thing with all of them will be cool. This is not a state secret, I'm really happy about the current situation of the band, but there is no good reason imo to stay so quiet. Lighten up and thx for Coma.

I don't necessarily disagree with you...however there is one very good reason to actually stay fairly quiet...what they ate currently doing is working very well from a marketing/promotion standpoint.  No reason to fix what isn't broken.

1 hour ago, AFD5 said:

I really think a lot of you are letting the band off lightly with "its ok they're not doing interviews" or it "adds to the mystique". It's time they came out & started answering questions & explaining things., A lot of people are paying a lot of money to see them surely you want to know, why now ? Who reached out to who? How long has this been planned ? Where's Steven & Izzy? Will they be involved at some point? Is this a long term reunion ? Will there be new music ? AXL/DC ? If nobody else wants to know I do & if any of the band are reading this come on guys let's hear what you have to say.

Sure...everyone wants to know these things, but what reason does the band have for doing it?

In the age of celebs OVER communicating (facebook, Twitter. Etc) I for one like that guns is doing it old school. They are letting the music speak for itself, not on every media outlet telling everyone "how great they are". Sure I wouldn't mind 1 interview, but that's about it. 

• Like 1

We'll probably see them promoting the tour the closer the dates get and some discounts on VIP packages they might be having a hard time selling. There will probably be some upgrade "angels" bringing people down to the floor and lower levels. 

A lot of big arena names like Springsteen, McCartney, Billy Joel, Rolling Stones, rarely ever do interviews promoting a tour. 

5 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

We'll probably see them promoting the tour the closer the dates get and some discounts on VIP packages they might be having a hard time selling. There will probably be some upgrade "angels" bringing people down to the floor and lower levels. 

A lot of big arena names like Springsteen, McCartney, Billy Joel, Rolling Stones, rarely ever do interviews promoting a tour. 

It's NOT about promoting a tour it's about what the f@#k happened to make this come about. The fact that 23 years have passed then all of a sudden here we have Axl & Slash sharing a stage together this isn't a big story it's a f@#king HUGE story. Then as if that isn't enough  to talk about along comes AXL/DC. These 2 things are the biggest things to happen to rock music in years & yet people still think it's cool for the band not to give any interviews. As I said it's not about promoting a tour it's about having the good grace to let fans (who stuck around for years) know what's going on & what if anything is planned for the future that's what I'm talking about. Not pushing tickets or record sales just letting the fans know what's what, so Axl Slash or Duff if any of you read this can you please let us know.

cheers guys I've been with you since Newcastle City Hall 1987 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AFD5 said:

It's NOT about promoting a tour it's about what the f@#k happened to make this come about. The fact that 23 years have passed then all of a sudden here we have Axl & Slash sharing a stage together this isn't a big story it's a f@#king HUGE story. Then as if that isn't enough  to talk about along comes AXL/DC. These 2 things are the biggest things to happen to rock music in years & yet people still think it's cool for the band not to give any interviews. As I said it's not about promoting a tour it's about having the good grace to let fans (who stuck around for years) know what's going on & what if anything is planned for the future that's what I'm talking about. Not pushing tickets or record sales just letting the fans know what's what, so Axl Slash or Duff if any of you read this can you please let us know.

Something happened around the time they were trying to get Appetite for Democracy out on DVD and when Duff went to South America with them. The resentment Axl finally let go of is a mystery but when they're ready to say what happened, they'll put it out there. I'm sure people in their circle know, but all it would do is open old wounds. 

6 hours ago, AFD5 said:

The fans who stuck around for years? I love the GN'R music. I do not feel they owe me an interview to explain anything. Is the fact that they're not doing interviews going to make any of us stop listening to the music they created? I sure as heck would hope not, especially after all this time. If we made it through the dark years then we can't really complain now. I'm just glad Axl and Slash aren't trashing each other in the media.

The reunion didn't happen overnight either. Duff is the key. As soon as he reunited with Axl in 2010, there were many fans who hoped it would lead to Axl and Slash reunion too. Sure enough it did. Took some time but Duff worked his magic. Dude is cool and probably better than anyone at explaining each perspective to both guys. 

• Like 1

At this point, I think we will never know the story behind the reunion. Nobody's gonna talk.. They only play together...

No interviews, no TV shows etc.

I'm ok with it.

Less pressure on band members, less misunderstandings..

Edited by Italian girl

I care for the music but I wanna know how they feel, how things happened, see photos from backstage etc.

I don't know what it is so wrong with a bit of promotion. they should give a lot of more respect to the fans who supported them through the years

or it looks to me like they only care for our money

• Like 1

Maybe they don't want to do interviews etc because they don't want to go dredging through the past and bringing all the bad things back up again. 

It would be cool to see them all do an interview together, but the past animosity would have to be brought up, and I think it's for the best they don't go there yet. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chilliconcarne said:

Maybe they don't want to do interviews etc because they don't want to go dredging through the past and bringing all the bad things back up again. 

It would be cool to see them all do an interview together, but the past animosity would have to be brought up, and I think it's for the best they don't go there yet. 

yeah could turn bad real quick:bitchfight:

• Like 1