Press Conference/TV Interviews ?

I'm sure we'll see them do something at some point....

It all depends what their plans are. They don't need much promotion for the US tour obviously.... Media is making a big enough deal about it on their own and it's all you hear about on rock radio. If they plan to release new music, or even put out another greatest hits, then I think we'll see them do some interviews/tv performances. The VMAs are in August. It doesn't make sense to go on there to promote the tour, because the US leg will be done by then.... But it would make sense to play a new song there in anticipation of a new album.

I'm hoping before the official US tour, GNR will have a press conference with all the band members. It makes sense to do this incase some fans don't get the news.

I checked my newspaper from Friday until Sunday and nothing was mentioned at all about the GNR tour date nor any ticket sale dates and tickets are already on sale.

It sucks that without a pc you wouldn't get any news on GNR at all.

TMZ did have a small thing on them last night. Mostly talked about how Axl and Slash didn't interact. Also I didn't know that the Dave Grohl chair is specially made to sing well while sitting down.

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

They created a ton of hype with the Troub show. Their Vegas shows got universally superb reviews. They are selling out stadiums with minimal promotion. At the moment, I think mystique and word of mouth are their friends. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Exactly.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I'm hoping before the official US tour, GNR will have a press conference with all the band members. It makes sense to do this incase some fans don't get the news.

I checked my newspaper from Friday until Sunday and nothing was mentioned at all about the GNR tour date nor any ticket sale dates and tickets are already on sale.

It sucks that without a pc you wouldn't get any news on GNR at all.

TMZ did have a small thing on them last night. Mostly talked about how Axl and Slash didn't interact. Also I didn't know that the Dave Grohl chair is specially made to sing well while sitting down.

What city are you in? Are there still tickets available for that show? If they're selling out the show, they don't need to do a damn thing more. You might want them to, but they don't have to.

And TMZ may think that, but they are demonstrably wrong. So yeah.

HVM0250.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

What city are you in? Are there still tickets available for that show? If they're selling out the show, they don't need to do a damn thing more. You might want them to, but they don't have to.

And TMZ may think that, but they are demonstrably wrong. So yeah.

HVM0250.png

And to think 6 years ago... a picture with Axl, a crutch, and slash, would probably be Axl beating Slash over the head with a crutch. :lol::lol:

• Like 2

Don't put the poor boys in awkward positions, they've had all this acrimony, probably don't even talk about it themselves, it'd be more or less uncomfortable to stick em in front of a camera together and have them mumbling and stuttering on specifics or wheeling out some ready made non-specific answer about getting over things and how time changes ones perspective.  They're acting like high schools sweethearts in the first flush of love, i think it's cute, bless him, don't ruin it for everyone :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

Maybe a few 30 second to 1 minute short interviews about the shows but definitely not a press conference or any lengthy interview that could jeopardize their momentum and chemistry.  They are hitting on all cylinders now and the last thing they need to deal with is people asking them questions they've already heard a million times over the past 23 years.

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

TMZ makes a living by starting controversy and spreading rumors.  They are the 2016 version of 'Get in the Ring'.

Apparently they must have had bad seats and really poor vision because I was at both shows and witnessed Slash by Axl's chair and the both of them looking at each other and communicating with each other all night.  And the entire Layla outro is the three of them under spotlight jamming out within 2 feet of each other while the rest of the stage is dark. 

Other than kissing each other on stage, I'm not sure how they would of interacted more than they did..and since they're all straight, not sure that would of made a lot of sense to them....but I guess that's what TMZ wants....would make for even a better story. 

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

i can't envision a tv interview to be anything but awkward and in the worst case scnenario possibly damaging the positive vibe they got going. Some obvious examples:

So Axl and Slash? Why did it take so long to talk things out? 

Slash, a small portion of the fanbase thinks you're not happy on stage. your first reaction? 

Axl, where are Izzy and Steven?

Edited by action
  • Like 2