Petition To Axl : Play Slither Live

Hey, everyone - I would love.... LOVE...... if we could somehow pull this off. There seems to be a lot of good feeling right now between everyone - the band and fans, especially. It would be absolutely incredible to hear Axl's vocals on this song. 

Slash and Duff are happy to play Better, This I Love, etc, so it would be nice if Axl would return the favour - don't you think? And I know some fans here would have a different song-choice to Slither - but this makes sense - as well as being a great up-tempo, hard rock track, it was quite a high profile song, so a lot of the non-hardcore fans will know it. 

So let's see if we can get this petition going........

Thanks,

John. 

• Like 2

No no no.. I love VR but it is bad enough they are wasting setlist spots with CD songs when there are so many real Guns songs to be played.. Unless of course they want to sub a CD song for a VR song.. 1 CD song and one VR song... The set is plenty long enough for it.

• Like 1

If we have to make a petition for ANOTHER bloody cover song :facepalm: I can think of dozens of other songs I'd like to hear more than Slither.

For starters, Serial Killer, Life's Sweet Drug, Back And Forth Again (now that would be awesome), Lords of Abaddon.

1 minute ago, liers said:

I'd prefer fall to pieces.... Considering that was supposedly a GnR song originally.

I can see where you're coming from, but it's way too much Scott-related.

better and this i love are GNR songs and slash n duff are current members of GNR, thats why they are playing them. axl has had no favour to return. if they are going to play a song that was never written or recorded by GNR(a cover) then there are many better ones than VR songs.

i think smells like teen spirit would go down a treat :)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, EvH said:

The intro is nice, the riff is really cool, the first solo is great but the song goes nowhere, really. And those lyrics :confused:

Well I like it, I can somehow relate to that song, some people find it cheesy. 

Many people also find TIL or SOD very cheesy, but I really like those songs. 

10 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Slash has some really nice solo songs, if they can play CD stuff, then they should absolutely play VR or Slash solo stuff.

Anastasia is a great song. 

comments like this make no sense to me. are you saying if guns n roses play a guns n roses song live then its only right they should play a cover song ?

I could care less if they play Velvet Revolver songs. I get it from a "it's fair" standpoint and the novelty would be neat, but I'd rather hear more classic cuts or Chinese Democracy songs I haven't heard at the shows I'm at.

It would be cool to hear one or two VR songs, but then again, we already have Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Wish You Were Here, Layla and those Spaghetti Incident songs.
That's more than enough covers, and I'd like to hear Guns N' Roses songs instead of covers.
Replace LALD with Slither, then we're talking.

15 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Slash has some really nice solo songs, if they can play CD stuff, then they should absolutely play VR or Slash solo stuff.

Anastasia is a great song. 

I'd honestly rather hear Anastasia with Axl if I had to choose between that and a VR song 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

I could care less if they play Velvet Revolver songs. I get it from a "it's fair" standpoint and the novelty would be neat, but I'd rather hear more classic cuts or Chinese Democracy songs I haven't heard at the shows I'm at.

True, I would love to hear Madagascar and Street of Dreams. But Some Slash solo songs would be great too. 

We need new songs, not a bunch of covers no one cares about.

Plus I think Slither is soooo numetal-ish, it didnt fit anywhere, even CD songs have a GnR feeling to it at some point.

And I say the same to the whole post GNR Slash/Duff catalog. So damn modarn.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1