Petition To Axl : Play Slither Live

45 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Wait, was SOAD dropped C or dropped C#? - IDK...

I'm going to run to a guitar real quick and play that record to see what key it's in.

Dropped C, Toxicity was recorded in Dropped C.

But I still argue Dropped C# if GN'R did VR.

SOAD also recorded BYOB in Eb, so that whole Mesmerize album, I think in the same key as GN'R and Toxicity, a full step down from VR, and not a half step like I first thought, but I do suggest trying a half step down from VR for GN'R though.

Edited by Snake-Pit

21 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

No no no.. I love VR but it is bad enough they are wasting setlist spots with CD songs when there are so many real Guns songs to be played.. Unless of course they want to sub a CD song for a VR song.. 1 CD song and one VR song... The set is plenty long enough for it.

Agree. There's no place for VR in a GNR show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebones said:

Agree. There's no place for VR in a GNR show.

But there is/was space for Layla, new Rose, the Seeker, wish you were here, the pink panther theme, beautiful by Christina Aguilera... Sure. Slither, Set me free and Fall to pieces fuckin sound like post 1993 gnr songs...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maxpax said:

But there is/was space for Layla, new Rose, the Seeker, wish you were here, the pink panther theme, beautiful by Christina Aguilera... Sure. Slither, Set me free and Fall to pieces fuckin sound like post 1993 gnr songs...

I think is pretty obvious why there's no place for a VR song in a GNR set. Those that you've said are medleys or covers that introduced another song.

Slither is pretty boring if you ask me.... it just doesn't have much life to it and is a pretty rudimentary song.... obviously many of you would disagree but if there's a petition then damn, make it for something better!!!

I'd much rather hearing some other Slash songs like By the Sword, Mean Bone, f&^%ing Starlight...... Back from Cali.... Wicked Stone.....

I have no doubt that we're going to hear a load of old and new Guns Songs being mixed in along the tour so it'll be fun hearing those.

But Slither?? Come on..... Jeez.... :P

*Edit - Yo Admins - I know i don't have a thousand posts on here but howsabout removing this thread in favor of some kind of poll??

Edited by Shaolin Punk

12 minutes ago, Shaolin Punk said:

Yo Admins - I know i don't have a thousand posts on here but howsabout removing this thread in favor of some kind of poll??

and the poll should be= would the forum members be happier if GNR broke up for good and slash,duff and matt employed axl as the new VR singer :):):) 

31 minutes ago, donny said:

and the poll should be= would the forum members be happier if GNR broke up for good and slash,duff and matt employed axl as the new VR singer :):):) 

Yeah - then they could sack Kushner, bring in Izzy(or Fortus), call Dizzy.... and play loads of Guns songs in the set, maybe just keep a Revolver song for an encore(before Paradise City, obviously) and it'd be good to go...... oh yeah and then change their name back to GnR..... :P

Nu GNR . Fake GNR . Axl's project. Point blank , no matter what people' s OPINION is . Fact is Axl carried the name and CD was his baby. It is a Guns N' Roses album. And I wouldn't want them to play any VR songs. More CD songs , bring them on! I don't agree with the it's only fair statement . Slash and Duff rejoined Guns. Not Axl being lead singer of VR. It's odd that people have a problem with them still playing CD songs. If you don't like the songs, that's fine, but if Slash and Duff have no problem performing them, just get over it . 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2016 at 7:15 PM, madison said:

Agreed.

I think Axl would do a killer job on both Slither and Fall To Pieces. 

But, it might be too soon after Scott's death to do this - unless it's a tribute to Scott. 

Well look at you all posting and opining again. I'm surprised, pleasantly. 

And I wouldn't mind hearing Axl belt out a couple of VR songs either, I never thought a few of their songs ever got the respect they deserved because no one ever sang them with conviction. I would be surprised if Axl did it though, but look, you are posting so anything is possible. What's next, pigs flying? And I disagree that it would be "too soon" after Scott's passing, but agree in that it could be done as a tasteful tribute. Either way there is going to have to be some new music to get me to a concert. No oldies but goodies reunion tours for me, been there. Even Santana has the respect for himself to put out new music before he tours at his age. So here's to hoping something new gets rolled out.

8 minutes ago, shades said:

Well look at you all posting and opining again. I'm surprised, pleasantly. 

And I wouldn't mind hearing Axl belt out a couple of VR songs either, I never thought a few of their songs ever got the respect they deserved because no one ever sang them with conviction. I would be surprised if Axl did it though, but look, you are posting so anything is possible. What's next, pigs flying? And I disagree that it would be "too soon" after Scott's passing, but agree in that it could be done as a tasteful tribute. Either way there is going to have to be some new music to get me to a concert. No oldies but goodies reunion tours for me, been there. Even Santana has the respect for himself to put out new music before he tours at his age. So here's to hoping something new gets rolled out.

Hi Shady Shades. 

Yeah, the reunion pulled me back in. :D I had lost all interest in Axl's band after he didn't show up at the Rock Hall of Fame, which I attended in the hopes of seeing the reunion back then. (I had a table about 10 feet from the stage).  But now, four years later, it seems to finally be happening, which is awesome. 

While I always supported Axl's band - and all of the side projects other band members did - a reunion of the original lineup was always the holy grail for me. I never hid this in all the time that I posted here. 

So, now that it seems to be happening, I couldn't resist coming back to post. It's a great time to be a GNR fan.

Now, if they could just bring Steven/Matt and Izzy back, it would be perfect. 

On 4/13/2016 at 0:32 PM, maxpax said:

Well Layla is a short instrumental intro to NR, Wish You Were Here is a short jam before KOHD, New Rose is Duff's time to shine on vocals, and The Seeker is a fun jam.

I dunno, I personally much, much rather have more old GNR tunes in the set than adding VR tunes.  I think that the CD songs feel more organic in this set because Axl is the vocalist for those songs anyway (not to mention Frank, Dizzy, and Fortus were involved)

Not to mention with Velvet Revolver those songs pretty much are a window into Scott's personal life.  His lyrics are very personal and it just wouldn't feel right to have Axl sing them, that is why Chinese Democracy songs feel better in the set too

Edited by WhazUp

18 minutes ago, rendestroi95 said:

lol, they're playing CD songs because they're GNR songs...

But Duff or Slash did not record those songs, CD was axls solo record, so they are humiliated now. so if axl really respect them, he should pay them back and start singing VR songs now during GNR shows, as many as possible. The band that had absolutely nothing to do with GNR. Yeah yeah, they are doing covers anyway, so why not!? They could cover any great song in a world, but no, it must be some boring VR song. 

9 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

But Duff or Slash did not record those songs, CD was axls solo record, so they are humiliated now. so if axl really respect them, he should pay them back and start singing VR songs now during GNR shows, as many as possible. The band that had absolutely nothing to do with GNR. Yeah yeah, they are doing covers anyway, so why not!? They could cover any great song in a world, but no, it must be some boring VR song. 

That "boring VR song" was written and created by three of the five original GNR members. It also went on to win several grammys. In fact, I would guess "average" music fans would recognize the VR songs before they'd recognize the CD songs. Just a guess. 

Also, at least one of the VR songs was presented to Axl first to be a GNR song. 

So suggesting that Slash and Duff were somehow "humiliated" for creating a hit album with VR - and then suggesting that a VR song is equivalent to Axl playing a random cover song is kind of silly. 

3 minutes ago, madison said:

That "boring VR song" was written and created by three of the five original GNR members. It also went on to win several grammys. In fact, I would guess "average" music fans would recognize the VR songs before they'd recognize the CD songs. Just a guess. 

Also, at least one of the VR songs was presented to Axl first to be a GNR song. 

So suggesting that Slash and Duff were somehow "humiliated" for creating a hit album with VR - and then suggesting that a VR song is equivalent to Axl playing a random cover song is kind of silly. 

Im not huge fan of VR, I admit, couple of great tunes. But they were/are huge. One of the greatest front man ever, grammys and all.  VR does not need Axl, it was great on its own. Duff or slash were not humiliated at all. They know they did great with VR. 

I guess im just wondering if some fans see this "reunion" as a mix of VR and Axls GNR, like both bands are equal or something. just think they should play GNR songs. VR song would be a cover song to me, not some song that "should have been". 

49 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

But Duff or Slash did not record those songs, CD was axls solo record

matt sorum did not record AFD or lies. how many times during the UYI world tour did he refuse to play songs from them because he wasnt in the band when they was recorded ?

axl has never released a solo album. regardless of what band members come and go CD is a guns n roses album

58 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

he should pay them back

yes two members of guns n roses have been asked to play guns n roses songs. axl owes them big time for that 

2 minutes ago, donny said:

matt sorum did not record AFD or lies. how many times during the UYI world tour did he refuse to play songs from them because he wasnt in the band when they was recorded ?

axl has never released a solo album. regardless of what band members come and go CD is a guns n roses album

yes two members of guns n roses have been asked to play guns n roses songs. axl owes them big time for that 

I was sarcastic. Obviously I failed lol. CD is GNR album, agree, thats why its logical to play some songs from it, not sure if I like it or not though. But what axl owns for slash and duff, VR song? Highly doubt now that they are back in GNR, they are hoping for some VR songs to be played. 

If they wanted to play a whole damn show as a tribute to Weiland, that would be awesome!! STP stuff, VR songs....yeah would love it. 

Damn, if you are not getting my point, im too drunk. 

2 hours ago, Kosonen said:

But Duff or Slash did not record those songs, CD was axls solo record

1 hour ago, donny said:

Are you really comparing comparing Matt Sorum to Slash & Duff? Seriously!? Oh my god, what's next, comparing Axl to Pitman?

GNR is being sold as a three members band and two of them were in Velvet Revolver but it's somehow a crime to expect a VR song being played while we saw Bumblefoot solo songs in the fuckin' set. Beyond belief...

I don't even want them to play VR, I'd like to see less covers, less Chinese stuff and more songs off the Illusions (Don't Damn Me, Locomotive, Dead Horse, Yesterdays, The Garden...). I just can't believe some of the things I read.