Matt Sorum Says He 'Wasn't Asked' To Take Part In Guns N' Roses Reunion

1 hour ago, SEPTEM said:

Its a shame. Ive always loved sorum ( my favorite drummer in the world)

But he's showing every single interview how right was axl leting him out of this reborn guns n roses.

Makes me sad, cause he's the perfect drumer for gnr in so many ways.. But at the same time is nice to see that the real bad apple is out of the picture now.. For me nothing can hurt gnr team from now on.  Plus they hava a very solid, capable and strung drummer who actually is a "team player" . ( and sober, and a family dude, ).

Frank is probably the worst drummer Guns have ever had.

Not that I don't like the guy but he just doesn't fit

• Like 4

It's a pity Sorum isn't playing a part in this tour. When the reunion came out I was looking forward to having my "brain turned into mashed rice " and with Slash and Duff there I thought Matt would've been in the line up. While it's a reunion of the big 3 , as a band it's a continuation and I understand why Matt isn't in. I don't know what things are like between Axl and Matt but IMO it shows Axl wants to concentrate on rebuilding his friendship with Slash without having other "bad blood " around. I hope we see him at one point. 

13 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

But he's showing every single interview how right was axl leting him out of this reborn guns n roses.

Makes me sad, cause he's the perfect drumer for gnr in so many ways.. But at the same time is nice to see that the real bad apple is out of the picture now.. For me nothing can hurt gnr team from now on.  Plus they hava a very solid, capable and strung drummer who actually is a "team player" . ( and sober, and a family dude, ).

...because sobriety has always been an essential requirement of Guns N' Roses!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

what exactly in this interview makes him a bad apple and what made ax right about letting him out??

2 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

what exactly in this interview makes him a bad apple and what made ax right about letting him out??

You can't reason with these hardcore Axlistas. They think everybody that's ever been associated with Axl is supposed to live their lives according to what might please him. 

• Like 2

Blblbla.  You're outta here sorum.  

"Im in the band i want to be". Jajajahahaha..  Youre lame sorum. Supid, veeery stupid words. Youre heading 60 years old, NOT 10 

I recall watching the "behind the music" thing, and when a saw sorum bitching about the piano when he joined guns i toght like :  well, this guy is a hell of a drumer, but doesnt know shit about music.  ( and facts proved him extra wrong.. November rain is a máster piece, an enormes gnr hit, and a vídeo close to 600 million views and counting)..  

So u better stay there, in that stravaganza called h.v. ,  cause you are NOT GETTING BACK TO THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD.

4 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

Blblbla.  You're outta here sorum.  

"Im in the band i want to be". Jajajahahaha..  Youre lame sorum. Supid, veeery stupid words. Youre heading 60 years old, NOT 10 

I recall watching the "behind the music" thing, and when a saw sorum bitching about the piano when he joined guns i toght like :  well, this guy is a hell of a drumer, but doesnt know shit about music.  ( and facts proved him extra wrong.. November rain is a máster piece, an enormes gnr hit, and a vídeo close to 600 million views and counting)..  

So u better stay there, in that stravaganza called h.v. ,  cause you are NOT GETTING BACK TO THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD.

Have you been on the turps?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Frank is probably the worst drummer Guns have ever had.

Not that I don't like the guy but he just doesn't fit

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Did I miss something? Was Frank Let Go?

10 hours ago, axlvai said:

^that will be good news.

Can I get some MORE FRANK HATE?? I love it... that guy sucks. I mean he's probably a hell of a nice guy, but his drumming in GnR blows, and was like the only real down part for me at Vegas... I try to generally not be one of the doom and gloom debbie downer type dudes, I LOVE what going on with all this... but I just can't let that go. It burns in my brain like a tiny hot ember.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kickingthehabit said:

I'm convinced Izzy and Adler are deliberately being held back. Axl n' Slash sells this world tour. The full Appetite reunion sells the next.

Very possible.  

Right now, the shows are selling out without Izzy.    Bringing him on board now would only mean they have to split all this money more ways.    In a few years however, that might not be the case..

7 hours ago, ohmygod said:

I don't get why everyone assumes that Axl hates him.... I personally think he wasn't asked back solely because there wasn't a drum vacany like there was for bass and guitar. No more no less.

This. I don't think there's any bad blood, this thing has clearly been more of a continuation than a reunion. A reunion would have been axl firing everyone in the last lineup but dizzy and bringing all the old guys back. That didn't happen, so it didn't make sense to them to bring sorum in when Frank was already there.

I get that some people don't like him and that's fine, but you're out of your mind if you think they were really considering anyone to be full time other than Frank 

• Like 1

On April 16, 2016 at 0:57 PM, Patience 4 Axl said:

I highly doubt Slash and Duff would put themselves in a position again where Axl was the only one calling the shots.  Been there done that.  There were concessions made on both sides, Frank and that girl being the 2 most obvious.  But there's no way these shows would be happening if Axl went into this with anything less than a mutual respect for Slash and Duff. 

Agreed.

So for example, Chinese democracy was a guns n roses album. Whether anyone likes it or not. Axl clearly wasn't going to give up on that material and it's obvious he never will. So slashs compromise is clearly "I can play it as long as I can write my own solos", so it works for everyone.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bigpoop said:

You can't reason with these hardcore Axlistas. They think everybody that's ever been associated with Axl is supposed to live their lives according to what might please him. 

Axlista is not the preferred nomenclature.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:54 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Gilby is about as popular as Hitler on here now. Matt - NB critics above in this very topic. Matt's stock has plummeted drastically since it was apparent he didn't make the hybrid. He was god of the hour on the Hall of Fame thing. And even Izzy - yes, some have dared to criticise Izzy, saying that Fortus is this ''much better player'' (merely subjective), and Izzy has ''no interest in Guns'' (unconfirmed circumstantial speculation). Further, look at the nugnr members who didn't make the hybrid. I know everybody hated Ashba and Pitman anyhow but Stinson, Bumblefoot are about as popular as, well, poor old Gilby Clarke which is about as unpopular as it gets!! All this shite about ''Richard's loyalty'' and ''longevity of service'' could equally apply to them - more so in fact, Tommy - yet they have been dispensed with (by this forum) with barely a parting whimper.

( I cannot believe I am actually defending nugnr members, nugnr being a band a generally loathed, but somebody has to point out these double standards!)

The people who hated nugnr still hate them of course, but they have suddenly found a long lost love for Richard Fortus and Frank. Fortus is being elevated to levels of godliness on here - it is truly absurd. If Ashba was a hack, Fortus was also.

It is like Tony Blair or some seedy political specimen flip-flopping.

I look at it like this; Izzy is the Brian Jones of GNR and Fortus is the Ronnie Wood. That's fair, no?

21 hours ago, Kickingthehabit said:

I'm convinced Izzy and Adler are deliberately being held back. Axl n' Slash sells this world tour. The full Appetite reunion sells the next.

That would be - GREAT!  Can't wait to hear some more AFD in the setlist for the millionth time.

by now I'd rather full TSI concert than some more AFD.

10 hours ago, Mr. Dude said:

I look at it like this; Izzy is the Brian Jones of GNR and Fortus is the Ronnie Wood. That's fair, no?

UHM, NO!  But keep on taking whatever makes you feel good...

Edited by shotsfired cro

On 5/12/2016 at 2:48 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I've never seen anything remotely negative about Axl emanating from Sorum. I suppose Matt is the 'new Slash', nobody being able to quite fathom why Axl hates him so?

There may be some bad blood but no where near the level of the Axl/Slash feud. Whats really keeping Matt out if Axl's loyalty to Frank. Frank would have to step down. I would if Slash and Duff were lobbying for Matt. And I would understand and be totally cool with it. I guess its a tough call for Frank. He may never get the chance to be in a big band again whereas the others guys in nu-guns had their old bands to fall back on