Super Bowl 2017

The growing evidence of the GNR in the media is undeniable and will reach just apex in the Super Bowl period 2017, the year that the band will be celebrating the 30 years of AFD. Do you think it possible that the organizers of this great event call the GNR ?

Let's hope that they do not call the GNR, of if they do that the GNR does not answer.

The exposure from the Super Bowl is undeniable, but I cannot recall a rock band that's performed the halftime show that hasn't come off looking lame, old, and done.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

The Super Bowl gets discussed every year. And no it won't happen, axl would have to show up on time. Too much can money on the line and too much risk.

Axl being on time doesn't appear I be an issue any longer, hopefully it stays that way.

11 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

The Super Bowl gets discussed every year. And no it won't happen, axl would have to show up on time. Too much can money on the line and too much risk.

Think of the reaction if gnr no showed at the superbowl.

It would actually be sort of humorous. 

12 minutes ago, Blackjacker said:

Let's hope that they do not call the GNR, of if they do that the GNR does not answer.

The exposure from the Super Bowl is undeniable, but I cannot recall a rock band that's performed the halftime show that hasn't come off looking lame, old, and done.

Axl can go all out for a few songs and not look bad. Jungle at the last Vegas show was legit as good as his prime.

• Like 1

They run that like a military operation.

You are only allotted 12 minutes, and that is strictly enforced.  They make you practice getting on and off the field in time with people standing in fro the crowd that day.

You are required to attend media day and answer a bunch of dumb ass question.  Doesn't matter who you are.  The Stones and Paul McCartney had to do it.

Do these sound like things Axl would do?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, D-GenerationX said:

They run that like a military operation.

You are only allotted 12 minutes, and that is strictly enforced.  They make you practice getting on and off the field in time with people standing in fro the crowd that day.

You are required to attend media day and answer a bunch of dumb ass question.  Doesn't matter who you are.  The Stones and Paul McCartney had to do it.

Do these sound like things Axl would do?

With Slash back, I'm on the "anything is possible" (kevin garnett style) badwagon until further notice.

I'm sorry but I have a hard time understanding why would anyone root for things like Super Bowl.  It's as boring as it gets.  I guess it's an American thing.  

I hope they never perform there, and if they're asked to, they refuse to perform.  Slash has done it and it was ridiculous.  Enough is enough.

I hope not.. I Love Slash but the lamest thing he's ever done was play with the Black Eyed Peas at the superbowl a few years back..It was such a cringefest. 

plus there are the NFL Politics that Im sure Axl wouldnt stand for...and he probably wouldnt agree to mime while a backing track is playing. He called out the Peppers for doing that when they performed with Bruno Mars 

40 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I don't think it'd happen for these reasons:

• The NFL doesn't seem to have 1 act anymore because they want to appeal to a wide demographic.

Have you not noticed that 90% of the games play welcome to the jungle during some of the kickoffs?  and SCOM,  PC etc.. are common during transitions...

Sex/Drug Laden or not, around here GNR music is played in elevators...Its just not controversial anymore.

Edited by j3db1anks

The superbowl halftime show is awful a fake ass puppet show, doesn't fit a real deal rock band like Guns, axl doesn't fit that fake play nice do as they say world... Slash in that stupid outfit when he did it is an evidence of how little say the band would have in it, in other words they would have to become sell outs....

The NFL isn't going to ask them, but I don't understand why people think that would be the band selling out?  There's no bigger stage and it would be great to see them  up there instead of crap like Coldplay or The Who.  (No offense to coldplay or who fans....)

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL did request them. Whether they would do it or not... I don't know. And to you that think every thing is lip sync... you're wrong. Some people do it, but not everyone. Especially rock bands.