NBA Playoffs 2016

december pain

For fans of the NBA, last nights end of regular season was a doozy, and got me hyped for the playoffs. Between Golden State breaking the record, Kobe scoring 60(!) in his final game on 50 shots, and Steph breaking 400 3 points while shooting 50% on the season, it was a great night, and the playoffs should be even better.

There are so many great storylines to discuss. We all know the Warriors and Spurs will be fighting tooth and nail to continue their legacies. LeBron's Cavs struggle in Cleveland, do they have enough to win it all? Can KD and Russel "I hate rims" Westbrook bring OKC glory before Durant's free agency this summer? Will Toronto or Miami challenge Cleveland in the East? How far can the young Celtics, Hornets, Pistons, and Blazers go? Is this the last go around for the CP3-Blake-Deandre Clippers?

So many exciting things are coming! Who are you rooting for, and what interests you the most?

I was looking at the news and they were showing a list of Kobe's "records by number" and going nuts that he scored 60 (a great achievement at his age). So, it got to the fact that he had scored 60+ in a game 5 times which is the NBA record aside from Wilt Chamberlain, who did it 32 times: as many times as all other NBA players have managed combined! Kobe's had a great career and it's always sad to see great players in any sport retire.

Was watching bits of the Cavs-Pistons last night. The one thing that stood out was how ill-fitting LeBron and Kyrie are! When Kyrie has the ball he just dribbles and dribbles until he's forced into a bad shot. He turns the best player on the planet into a spectator. I now understand why Lebron hates playing with him.

Thibs to coach and be president of bball operations for Timberwolves. Great fit for both side.

These series in general have been pretty lackluster so far. We've had a couple good games but mostly ugly bball and blowouts. Oh well I'm sure the next round will be more entertaining.

Everyone loves a team or player to hate in sports. Mine right now has to be Golden State. If you are from there, or have been a fan for ages, good for you. Most people I see , are a bunch of POS band wagon punks. That is the big reason I dislike Golden State. And Curry and his mouth piece! :fuckyou: I wish I can run up to him and swipe that thing to the floor and piss on it. I hope the Cavs get better and all stay healthy. Lebron gave Golden State a run for their money last year, without Love, and Kyrie. Lets see what happens this year.

as a Bulls fan i don't think this season could have gone any worse

they were an absolute abomination (and we wont even get a good draft pick) and if that wasn't enough we lost our 72-10 record LOL

although im not mad at the Warriors breaking it...im actually pretty upset Curry got hurt...hes been UNREAL this year

Edited by -W.A.R-

59 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

as a Bulls fan i don't think this season could have gone any worse

they were an absolute abomination (and we wont even get a good draft pick) and if that wasn't enough we lost our 72-10 record LOL

although im not mad at the Warriors breaking it...im actually pretty upset Curry got hurt...hes been UNREAL this year

This is the earliest both the Blackhawks and Bulls seasons have been done since 2008!

So many injuries, even if you're not a fan of any of these teams it still hurts to see.

I would have to imagine with Blake and CP3's injuries keeping them out the rest of the playoffs, that core will be done. Wouldn't be surprised to see a trade this offseason, Boston perhaps?

Curry's injury is huge. They might be able to survive a series without him. If he's not back in time for SA or OKC they are done.

The East is looking pitiful. I don't see how anybody will challenge the Cavs. I know SA can go to their ass, and GS with a healthy Curry can beat them, possibly OKC but I'm losing faith in them and big stages.

Pretty much as long as the Cavs don't win it all I'm happy.

The Warriors don't have to play Curry until the WCF with the Paul and Griffin injuries. They will beat either the Blazers or Clippers rather easily. We will see if he will  excel ready for OKC or the Spurs. I have a feeling he maybe gimpy and rusty and this is the type of injury which generally keeps you out longer than 2 weeks. 

As far as the Celtics last night::facepalm:

Honestly, I think Golden State can survive for long periods of time without Curry. Obviously, they would prefer not to have that happen, but the team is really really deep and still features great talent in Thompson and Green. Plus I think Kerr is smart enough to make adjustments to put his guys in a position to succeed. Curry makes EVERYONE's life easier, but I think they can go scratch and claw with any team. It would be very ugly, and more likely than not they would lose to one of OKC/SAS/CLE (If cleveland is 100% healthy), but I think it is possible.

I agree that it doesn't look like anyone will be able to compete with the Cavs in the East. From what I've seen so far, I think Miami matches up best with them, although I'm not sure who they'd get to defend Lebron... that could be a problem haha.

11 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

32 points, yikes!

Big game 7 for Toronto tonight, I hope we can finally make it out of the first round 

Well there you go. 

Edited by J Dog