The Best Place for Recording a DVD

What would be the best place for recording a DVD of Guns n ' Roses?

- Live in AT & T

- Live in Wembley

- Tokyo Dome Returns

- Live in Maracanã

- Live in River Plate

- Live in Madison Square Garden

Others places

Probably River Plate... But realistically they should just record everything and pick the best performances of each song. Axl gave it his all and sounded pretty good Saturday but it is still up and down and soundboards aren't too forgiving..

A live DVD from River plate 1993 shows would be even better!! 

The Troubadour would be the ideal, if you ask me. But barring that, the "best of" idea is a good one, just using the best run of each song. Assuming this goes through next year's festival season, and if Axl continues improving as it goes, maybe pick one of those to release as a DVD, a la Springsteen at Hard Rock Calling.

The "best of" idea would work for a live album, but for a concert film it would kind if defeat the purpose. I'd say film one for a DVD late in the tour when they're all tight as fuck.

Edited by AlexC

Best to film several nights and choose the one that's the best overall performance. It's got to be the right combination of crowd enthusiasm and tightness of the band/Axl. For a CD, by all means pick the best performances of each song.

"Not In This Lifetime... Live!"

54 minutes ago, AlexC said:

The "best of" idea would work for a live album, but for a concert film it would kind if defeat the purpose. I'd say film one for a DVD late in the tour when they're all tight as fuck.

Really?  It worked great for Iron Maiden.

I would say where the most tickets sell out and to chose an EPIC setlist especially for that night... I prefer once continuous concert film rather than 'best of'.. I say Wembley!! Imagine a crowd of 90 000 for a live DVD.. Nothing beats that! Or some South American market where fans are crazy about GnR.. But still prefer Wembley..

Hopefully we get Troubadour soon and afterwards the official stadium concert DVD...

31 minutes ago, moreblack said:

It worked really well for Maiden's Flight 666 movie

I've not seen it, I'm not a huge Iron Maiden fan tbh, find them quite cheesy. But if it worked well then yeah, I guess it could work for GN'R.

12 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I've not seen it, I'm not a huge Iron Maiden fan tbh, find them quite cheesy. But if it worked well then yeah, I guess it could work for GN'R.

You find Iron Maiden cheesey?  I've literally never heard anyone say that.

to stay on topic yes it worked very well for Flight 666....one disc was a pseudo-documentary, the other was a show DVD but the performances were from various locations.

• Like 1

the 5 guys in a club

no keyboard players, no axl solo-era members

just axl, izzy, slash, duff and steven

could be troubadour, could be any other club

the smaller the better

shot on film

5 appetite songs, 5 illusion songs, 5 new songs, a few covers... and who knows what for the encore?

:headbang:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

the 5 guys in a club

no keyboard players, no axl solo-era members

just axl, izzy, slash, duff and steven

could be troubadour, could be any other club

the smaller the better

shot on film

5 appetite songs, 5 illusion songs, 5 new songs, a few covers... and who knows what for the encore?

:headbang:

Ten_Tiny_Empty_Stage.jpg

I think Metallica played 3 gigs in Mexico a few years ago and released a DVD compiling the 3. It would be cool if they could release one with the best version of every song they play during the tour. Don't know how organic it would be, though. I'd be ok with them just releasing a DVD of some gig where Axl is really inspired.

A DVD of the Troubador gig is a given, IMO.

Either a 'best of' from the two shows in Mexico City, or Seattle (Duff's hometown show) or San Diego would be my picks from the dates we have so far. I have a feeling we'll just get a Coachella stream though, and maybe another stream at the end of the year/early next year if they announce South America.

16 hours ago, RBS_2L said:

What would be the best place for recording a DVD of Guns n ' Roses?

- Live in AT & T

- Live in Wembley

- Tokyo Dome Returns

- Live in Maracanã

- Live in River Plate

- Live in Madison Square Garden

Others places

DVD? Why not a Blu-Ray?

8 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Buenos fucking Aires, Argentina! No question.. We have the best crowd in the world

I've always found these funny. HD BEFORE HD existed!