AXL earnings

48 minutes ago, Crash Dieter said:

I thought this thread was titled 'Axl's Earrings'. I was genuinely interested.

He hasn't worn earrings for a long time.

Whatever people are worth it's only a number on paper isn't it? If Axl wanted to take out $5 million in cash for some reason how likely would it be that the bank would have it physically sitting out the back, it would take much time and many banks to raise that sort of cash. So it's just figures, not physical money. I wonder how much he would carry around with him while on tour, he's not likely to buy much so in that respect he's more or less the same as any of us. The only difference is he'd spend much more on clothes, jewellery etc. and he wouldn't have to be as careful as us how much he withdraws.

Edited by rock4eva

I bet Axl's networth outside of the GNR name, and GNR brand etc, is probably north of $150,000,000.

Old GNR:

They did nearly 200 UYI shows.  

They sold 140+ million albums (those numbers have existed forever.  Are they accurate?  No idea).

They sold a lot of merchandise etc.

In 1993, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think he left GNR with $20,000,000-$50,000,000 in cash and assets.   

If he invested his money or parked his funds in savings accounts getting a 5% rate of return......then that interest income was probably covering his expenses.

He collected heavy royalties etc forever. No idea what this number could be.

More importantly, let's say Axl's nu GNR played like 250+ shows.  A lot of those shows were huge festivals and big pay day gigs.  Even the small shows were probably contracted for minimum pay of like $400,000 (promoters make their money on selling booze, food, parking etc).  Let's say he averaged $200,000 a show in earnings and merchandise etc, after expenses. 

That's $50,000,000 from nuGNR touring. It's likely he brought home more than that.  He could have doubled that.

It is impossible to estimate his worth. We don't know what he earned, what his expenses have been, how he invested or not, what he purchased and sold with increased or decreased value etc etc etc.   

Axl's got money though.  And he's always had money.  All these guys have had big money since the GNR days.   (Enough money that no one could pressure any of them to reform GNR at any point in time).

• Like 1

People will never really know what any of them are worth, because you don't know their expenses or business realities. Like, they didn't earn much from the UYI tours, and they weren't fully paid for the UYI albums, so you can't go by those numbers. Also look at the Eagles of Death Metal situation, they were canned from the tour, but paid in full. Jesse spoke about the nuGuns business model at the time, and they have to pay everyone up front because Axl is unreliable. There's going to be loses there.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

According to interviews with Slash and others, they pissed loads of the Illusion money down the drain on Roman themed toga parties and litigation for the riots.

Duffs book also says about  all the extras that nobody really wanted but Doug hired yachts and stuff for press that wasn't needed and cost millions,

like the after parties that none of the band except Axl wanted.

I think Duff is pretty rich because of his business acumen,stock and shares like Starbucks and Microsoft.

7 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Duffs book also says about  all the extras that nobody really wanted but Doug hired yachts and stuff for press that wasn't needed and cost millions,

like the after parties that none of the band except Axl wanted.

I think Duff is pretty rich because of his business acumen,stock and shares like Starbucks and Microsoft.

yeah, that was a joke.

13 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

Axl's got a lot of people on his payroll (Team Brazil et al.), all with a taste of the good life. That money can dry up fast.

Also likes to donate to various charities, need money for that, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gnr5 said:

UYI tour was not profitable all they way, it was supposed to end after the Metallica summer stadium tour. They had to add the South American leg and everything in '93 to start making a profit. 

We don't know that for sure.   I bet it was profitable.  I bet they all made a fortune from that tour, eventually.   

The accounting for a tour like that is a big mess that usually gets straightened out later.

They were probably claiming losses for tax purposes etc.   

Plus you don't want to exactly announce to EVERYONE that works for you (or could work you), that you're making a fortune.   

I guess all of them have done their Investments in their own way. If you see who might be the richest then it would be

1. Axl

2. Slash

3. Duff

4. Izzy

5. Steven

GNR is their main source of income, but there would be other sources too, all of us know that Duff has done many investments, Steven bought an expensive house a few years ago, I doubt it would be all of the GNR money. Izzy bought an Avocado Farm and even has an house in Spain or France. 

Im sure there would have apartments/houses/office spaces and they would be getting some sort of a monthly rental

Touring made them earn a lot of money too, especially Slash, Duff and Axl in their respective bands over the years. Steven did only clubs which wouldn't have paid him well. As for Izzy he din't do any touring at all but I guess he his happy with the money he has. 

Sometimes I think about bumblefoot, touring with GNR gave him lots of money, the 1 show he did with GNR, even if he does 20 clubs won't be equal, but sometimes you have to do what makes you happy and he was clearly not happy in Axl's band even though it gave him "fame" and a ton of money. 

18 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Talked to a woman after the first vegas show who used to book their tours in the 90s. She said axl has 3 mortgages to pay. Dont know how accurate that is. She also said money is the main reason for this. But i dont wanna believe her

You should, money is always the main reason for these things. But not the only one.

20 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Adler worth 15 million? get out of here noway. He was flat broke when he sued and he probably smoked up all the settlement money. i'd be surprised if he was worth 1m

i can buy Slash and Duff being worth that much as Slash has whored himself out and Duff is a sound businessman....Axl may be a bit high

how exactly has slash whored himself out? 

Correct me if I am wrong here, but Axl owns the name 'Guns N Roses' full on, no?  Fuck what they are worth on paper, the GnR brand is the single most valuable thing this band has.  The logo and name are worth more than anything.

1 hour ago, Saltzy said:

Correct me if I am wrong here, but Axl owns the name 'Guns N Roses' full on, no?  Fuck what they are worth on paper, the GnR brand is the single most valuable thing this band has.  The logo and name are worth more than anything.

He does own the name, but AFAIK the merchandising and the licensing rights to the songs are divided amongst Axl, Slash and Duff.

1 hour ago, stella said:

He does own the name, but AFAIK the merchandising and the licensing rights to the songs are divided amongst Axl, Slash and Duff.

So if movie uses a song, let's say don't cry, even though Izzy and Axl wrote it, royalties get to Axl, Slash and Duff?

3 hours ago, jmapelian said:

how exactly has slash whored himself out? 

performing with the BEP and other pop acts, doing commercials, guitar hero, etc

not dissing him just saying he put himself out there more than any other Guns member

Edited by -W.A.R-

9 minutes ago, ksks12 said:

So if movie uses a song, let's say don't cry, even though Izzy and Axl wrote it, royalties get to Axl, Slash and Duff?

the original 5 are still getting royalties from AFD and lies regardless of who owns the name

24 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

performing with the BEP and other pop acts, doing commercials, guitar hero, etc

not dissing him just saying he put himself out there more than any other Guns member

yeah, but he's also footed the bill for his 3 solo albums and subsequent tours som try to be fair about whoring oneself out