Why are the standing areas so small?

17 hours ago, Mr_Sparkle said:

Most people do, and it is not nearly as easy to get drinks, leave, go the the restroom. I highly doubt your experience was so much better than mine that it would ever make me want to step foot into the cesspool of GA. 

Yes. It was. On the first show, I came in about an hour before GNR hit the stage and was in the 5th row. On the second show I stood in line for about 1 and a half hours and was in the third, then in the second row. Both times right in front of Axl, between Axl and Slash.

13 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. It was. On the first show, I came in about an hour before GNR hit the stage and was in the 5th row. On the second show I stood in line for about 1 and a half hours and was in the third, then in the second row. Both times right in front of Axl, between Axl and Slash.

2 and a half hours in line for no better experience. Maybe you could smell Axl's taint because you were so close, but that's not my idea of a good time. 

8 minutes ago, Mr_Sparkle said:

2 and a half hours in line for no better experience. Maybe you could smell Axl's taint because you were so close, but that's not my idea of a good time. 

Ah, don't be sore. The experience was better. Whenever I see videos from so far away, that you need screens to see something, I wonder what's the point?

One thing missing for me in the Vegas shows was being able to see the guys eyeballs! As strange as it sounds, making eye contact with the musicians is such a strong connection that it really makes you feel part of the moment.

Edited by CAFC Nick
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Ah, don't be sore. The experience was better. Whenever I see videos from so far away, that you need screens to see something, I wonder what's the point?

I was on the floor just behind the cesspool of GA. I had my own space and could get beer anytime I wanted. Plus I had to piss once, was so easy to run to the bathroom with no headaches.  Being in GA would have ruined the entire experience.

Edited by Mr_Sparkle

I'm debating when to pull the trigger on GA pit seats on StubHub for Chicago.  I think they will either come down in price or sell out.  Anyone else buy GA pit for Chicago yet?  How much did you pay?  They are stubhub right now for $400.  

Standing tickets in Europe are really cheap. I think Mötley was 85€, Aerosmith around the same and AC/DC and Maiden are a bit more expensive around 120€ or something. 

Seating tix are mostly 150-190€. So from what I read here the prices in the US are overpriced like hell. Why is that? I'm a bit shocked...

On April 15, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Izzyslash said:

Ok, great. Is there any point in attending the parking lot for two Norwegians without a car then? :P 

I will be with a group of 20 or so, so you could always party with us or there is a huge bar basically in the middle of the parking lot called "xfinity live" a lot of people go there before concerts and sporting events to eat and grab a few drinks 

5 hours ago, Rubicon said:

Standing tickets in Europe are really cheap. I think Mötley was 85€, Aerosmith around the same and AC/DC and Maiden are a bit more expensive around 120€ or something. 

Seating tix are mostly 150-190€. So from what I read here the prices in the US are overpriced like hell. Why is that? I'm a bit shocked...

That's UK probably. I go to concerts in Vienna and Budapest (also Belgrade and Sofia but we have really cheap tickets) frequently and I've never seen prices like that there

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

That's UK probably. I go to concerts in Vienna and Budapest (also Belgrade and Sofia but we have really cheap tickets) frequently and I've never seen prices like that there

Nope... Prices are from Germany.

have to admit though: I saw U2 selling tix for around 400€. But that's just plain crazy...

Edited by Rubicon

1 minute ago, Rubicon said:

Nope... Prices are from Germany.

Well I didn't know that they have higher prices than Hungary and Austria :lol: I wonder how is that working out because I've bought Rock Im Park 3 day tickets with camping for 174€ with RHCP and Black Sabbath as 2 main headliners

3 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Well I didn't know that they have higher prices than Hungary and Austria :lol: I wonder how is that working out because I've bought Rock Im Park 3 day tickets with camping for 174€ with RHCP and Black Sabbath as 2 main headliners

That's totally different. Festivals are always cheaper. I personally don't like festivals. It's way too crowded, the beer is warm and it's almost impossible to see the headlines from a decent spot in the front...

Btw: I take it you're from Hungary? Dude, you've got the most awesome GnR tribute band ever ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WestCoastStrutting said:

I will be with a group of 20 or so, so you could always party with us or there is a huge bar basically in the middle of the parking lot called "xfinity live" a lot of people go there before concerts and sporting events to eat and grab a few drinks 

Great stuff :) Maybe I'll see you around! I'll be the one with the Appetite cross tatto on my leg, and a Slash portrait on my arm :P

I've seen/heard Axl complaining so many times about people being squished up against the stage in the pit, that I think that might be part of the reasons they kept those areas so small. It even happened during Paradise City at the Troubadour, where he stopped the song and asked everyone to move back. I think he isn't a huge fan of GA.

How many "rows" deep will the PIT areas be? Because, yeah, they look small. 

At Coachella, I was right along the side of the soundbooth at main stage, which was nice and it was a decent view, but it's NOTHING compared to being a few rows deep.

I saw Slash front row and about 10 rows back before and the experience of being able to actually SEE the performars, not just a screen or a faint silhouette, is really better. Plus people up close are the diehards with all the energy. Farther back and people are running their mouths. I saw Guns N' Roses about six rows back at the House of Blues and that was incredible too. 

Standing for a long time seems miserable, but when Guns hits the stage, you don't think about that. The energy up front is FAR better and FAR more memorable.

All that said, I couldn't get GA pit for the Chicago show July 1. But I did get it for July 3. Bought the pair and I may have one available at FACE (plus taxes). If you live in Chicago and can meet up and are interested, let me know. I'll know tonight if I have the extra ticket. Again, July 3, Soldier Field, GA pit (Duff side of stage).