Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

2 hours ago, davhern said:

Am I missing something?

I went on AC/DC's website and there are a lot more than 10 dates (5 more US dates) upcoming on their tour schedule...and none of them are Atlanta.

http://www.acdc.com/tour

Their website and Facebook events haven't been updated to reflect the postponed dates. Basically, the dates are "disappearing" as if they actually happened, but of course, they didn't. From this point forward there would be five more U.S. dates had they gone on. Ten shows overall - the first being Atlanta.

Nothing has been confirmed for the summer dates yet. The rumour mill says that Brian will finish those European dates, leaving the ten remaining U.S. shows to be rescheduled with a guest singer. That's as much as we know. They're as quiet as GNR is.

Did something official break about this because my facebook newsfeed is suddenly flooded with this story and it's from people who aren't even GnR fans. Also had 2 messages from random friends talking about it. 

Here's what I think: On one level it's kinda cool but on another more real level it would be a big slap in the face and fuck you to GnR fans who are hoping Axl would take the "reunion" seriously and show up in shape to perform. How the fuck is that possible if the guy is focused on singing AC/DC songs? I mean he could show up for a GnR gig and stink out the joint that's cool because we all know he does that but he can't take on the AC/DC gig and suck in front of their fans. That would be sucha  disaster. So either Axl would kick all sorts of ass with both GnR and AC/DC(not fucking likely) or he's going to suck with both, which is pretty likely scenario or the worst case scenario for us GnR fans is Axl phones it in at the GnR shows and saves his best stuff for his once in a lifetime chance to front AC/DC.

In all honesty it would fucking suck IF Axl is considering this let alone doing it. It would just show how little fucks he actually gives about GnR in my opinion. 

Edited by Bono

16 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

It seems incredibly unlikely to me, even though major outlets are reporting it.

Does anyone really think Angus would put up with Axl? Any fan of AC/DC knows they are straight-up, no bullshit kind of guys. I can't see Axl fitting in, even for 10 dates.

This is where it would become this huge slap in the face to GnR fans IF Axl did this and fell in line with AC/DC. Can you imagine the GnR fan outrage if Axl started showing up for rehearsals with AC/DC and was on time every night hitting the stage right at 9:00 or whenever AC/DC typically goes on. I think it was about 9:00 when I saw them n February

47 minutes ago, Bono said:

This is where it would become this huge slap in the face to GnR fans IF Axl did this and fell in line with AC/DC. Can you imagine the GnR fan outrage if Axl started showing up for rehearsals with AC/DC and was on time every night hitting the stage right at 9:00 or whenever AC/DC typically goes on. I think it was about 9:00 when I saw them n February

Not really. I mean, I can imagine some people might be "outraged" by that - but it wouldn't bother me in the least.

You can rock up to your own show whenever you want and try to justify it, but it's quite a deal worse to be late for someone else's. Same with rehearsals TBH.

Either way, I don't really think this will happen given a radio DJ is the only cited source so far.

Just now, highvoltage said:

Not really. I mean, I can imagine some people might be "outraged" by that - but it wouldn't bother me in the least.

You can rock up to your own show whenever you want and try to justify it, but it's quite a deal worse to be late for someone else's. Same with rehearsals TBH.

Either way, I don't really think this will happen given a radio DJ is the only cited source so far.

Yeah so you'd have no problem with him showing AC/DC and their fans a level of respect he's never shown his own band and fans? 

I hope it doesn't happen. I tend to agree it's just a rumor that's spread. It's a "cool" story to talk about but that's about it I think(I hope)

19 minutes ago, Bono said:

Yeah so you'd have no problem with him showing AC/DC and their fans a level of respect he's never shown his own band and fans? 

None whatsoever. I don't take it personally. I'm late for stuff all the time. :shrugs: 

I would be interested in seeing Axl play a song with AC/DC, but a whole show just seems bizarre to me. 

48 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

These are my two favorite bands, but no thank you. 

Axl sounds good singing AC/DC songs imo. He has that sinister gritty tone needed to make it work. Don't believe it will actually happen, but I can totally believe he can pull off at least much of the material and it will sound cool mid tour.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

If it was just a one-off short run of shows, and Axl was delivering a heavy on the Bon Scott setlist, it would make for a great show. As little Brian-era as possible. 

The rumor is trending on Facebook,  a "top news story" on Twitter, and I'm sure Breuer's getting a lot of hate Tweets. If Axl does do this, I'm playing the lottery *L*. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3507194/Guns-N-Roses-singer-Axl-Rose-replace-Brian-Johnson-AC-DC-frontman-remainder-tour-claimed-68-year-old-pushed-bandmates-losing-hearing.html

http://zap2it.com/2016/03/axl-rose-replace-acdc-frontman-brian-johnson/