Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

46 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

Funny, at the sites comment sections, people don't like the idea and want refunds.... (a lot of people actually knows his trouble about his voice these  days)

Just to get in perspective about how Axl ruined his own reputation outside of GNR.. sad

To be fair, probably 95% of the people who want refund would want them regardless of who was filling in. People are vehemently against the idea of a new vocalist for AC/DC. 

Axl should be putting 100% into the reunion imo. The first shows in less than 2 weeks,  and a tour is said to follow. This would take steam off. I am also against any guest singer unless Brian is ok with it.

If this does happen, I would still go since it's such a crazy thing and my city is one of the dates, but I don't necessarily think it's the best idea right now

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Axl should be putting 100% into the reunion imo. The first shows in less than 2 weeks,  and a tour is said to follow. This would take steam off. I am also against any guest singer unless Brian is ok with it.

If this does happen, I would still go since it's such a crazy thing and my city is one of the dates, but I don't necessarily think it's the best idea right now

Personally I think it could be a good thing. At least Axl would have to actually warm up for these dates which could in turn be good for the Guns tour. I'd love him to do a couple ACDC shows before Vegas to shake off the cobwebs. 

In the single greatest book ever written about rock music, 1991’s Rock And The Pop Narcotic, Joe Carducci described AC/DC thusly: “They kind of took the lumpen stomp of Slade and sort of added the blues croak of early Savoy Brown (Chris Youlden) and came up with a raw, narrowly focused, grittily compacted hard rock sound somewhere in the vicinity of the intersection of blues and metal at boogie … They became so popular by 1980, that today, if you cut open young execs, young housewives, rappers, house mixers, salsa fans, hip hopsters you’ll likely as not find that about fourteen rings back there’s a layer of molten rock sediment spewed by this Australian eruption.”

ac/dc albums from worst to best : http://www.stereogum.com/1700252/acdc-albums-from-worst-to-best/franchises/counting-down/

9 hours ago, supercool said:

In the single greatest book ever written about rock music, 1991’s Rock And The Pop Narcotic, Joe Carducci described AC/DC thusly: “They kind of took the lumpen stomp of Slade and sort of added the blues croak of early Savoy Brown (Chris Youlden) and came up with a raw, narrowly focused, grittily compacted hard rock sound somewhere in the vicinity of the intersection of blues and metal at boogie … They became so popular by 1980, that today, if you cut open young execs, young housewives, rappers, house mixers, salsa fans, hip hopsters you’ll likely as not find that about fourteen rings back there’s a layer of molten rock sediment spewed by this Australian eruption.”

ac/dc albums from worst to best : http://www.stereogum.com/1700252/acdc-albums-from-worst-to-best/franchises/counting-down/

This guy. He gets it. I don't think I've ever seen anyone else cite Powerage as their favorite. 

I have some some bones to pick with his article, but I'll elaborate on those later - I'm at work. 

1 hour ago, Cosmo said:

Really? Didn't know lol

Yeah, the ROB setlist has been:

1. Rock Or Bust

2. Shoot To Thrill

3. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be

4. Back In Black

5. Play Ball (2015) / Got Some Rock N Roll Thunder (2016)

6. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

7. Thunderstruck

8. High Voltage

9. Rock N Roll Train

10. Hells Bells

11. Baptism By Fire (2015) / Given The Dog A Bone (2016)

12. You Shook Me All Night Long

13. Sin City

14. Shot Down In Flames

15. Have A Drink On Me

16. TNT

17. Whole Lotta Rosie

18. Let There Be Rock

---

19. Highway To Hell

20. For Those About To Rock

As for that article @supercool posted, generally speaking I agree with what falls on which side of the dividing line of the top/bottom 10, even if I don't always agree with his exact placements. As I already said, big kudos to him for giving Powerage the top spot, I truly believe it's their defining moment. Also nice to see Flick Of The Switch ranked so favorably. I think FTATR should've been a good chunk higher. That article perfectly summarizes my thoughts on Stiff Upper Lip - it's an album that is far better than it really has any right to be. My biggest criticism of the article though is really every album besides Powerage seems to be a stream of complaints. Even BIB, he basically said "well, these songs are good. But here's everything that's wrong with the album...".

Good read overall though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cosmo said:

Man, that's an awesome setlist. I'd change Givin The Dog A Bone for another Brian song and GSRNRT for another RoB song but other than that, it's great.

I was very happy with it. Much better mix of hits and lesser played material than the Black Ice tour! I agree that I'd swap GTDAB with something else. It's got the rare factor for sure but it's not a song that excited me and I wasn't all that shocked that Angus decided to add yet another BIB song to the set. Guns For Hire anyone? But seriously and realistically I would have preferred a return of Who Made Who or Moneytalks. I feel like those two songs would appease both the casual fan since they're known but also the die hards who want something lesser played. I'm amazed that Play Ball was dropped but I would have preferred RTBA or DOW to replace it. Even Miss Adventure was rehearsed.

I'm bummed I won't get to see Given The Dog A Bone :( It's one of my favorites. 

Though id have lost my shit if they did Who Made Who, Moneytalks, or Guns For Hire. And they totally should've done Rock The Blues Away, absolutely the best song on the album. 

What at does everyone think an Axl/DC setlist would look like?