Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

1 minute ago, The Macaroni Incident? said:

Is Axl gonna rehearse with AC/DC? He could trash his throat and then Guns fans are shit up creek without a paddle this summer.

That could happen or he will get better and better, as he usually does with more touring/singing. Just have to see how it plays out. As far as rasp goes, I heard way too much Mickey Mouse in the YCBM videos from Vegas. Maybe the AC/DC material will get him into full blown rasp mode for the GN'R summer shows. 

1 minute ago, The Macaroni Incident? said:

Is Axl gonna rehearse with AC/DC? He could trash his throat and then Guns fans are shit up creek without a paddle this summer.

It's 10 shows over a month, I'm sure he'll be fine.  

As others have already commented, the consensus is that Axl gets better the more he tours.  For those attending the Detroit concert, this should be considered good news.

I'm definitely pumped for this.  The thought of hearing Axl sing an entire AC/DC set is fucking glorious.  Can't wait.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Here's me trolling one AC/DC forum one month ago. Real fun, I wanted to post one final killer post but I was banned just before. Still win. Just in case, big acdc fans saw them multiple times but the die hards fans are too funny to me.

http://www.acdcfans.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=11088&page=1

wow they really need an update...looks like they've had the same layout since the start of the internet lol

Can't believe the backlash, though admittedly I'm not an AC/DC fan. As a GNR fan I look at it this way...... We have maybe 200 songs in total featuring Axls vocals from the last 30 years, and if just one person bootlegs an ACDC shows we're about to get 20 more songs with Axl singing! I'm gonna try and score tickets for London, but will hold out a while as it looks like thousands of ACDC fans might suddenly flood the market with tickets out of protest :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

I'm so stoked, Bon Scott AC/DC is up there with GNR and the stones for me. Incredible.

Bon was amazing for sure. Loved his vocal delivery and sense of humor/sarcasm. Very similar to classic era GN'R in the sarcasm/humor department. Once Bon died, they lost some of that. I think Axl will do a good job on the Bon material. Not sure about the Brian stuff though. 

4 minutes ago, paranoyd androyd said:

obviously they're pissed. they're talking about wanting to chase Axl off the stage with bottles

Why take it out on Axl? Angus is the one who fired Brian and forced Malcolm to retire. Angus is running the show. They should throw their shit at him instead. 

3 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Bon was amazing for sure. Loved his vocal delivery and sense of humor/sarcasm. Very similar to classic era GN'R in the sarcasm/humor department. Once Bon died, they lost some of that. I think Axl will do a good job on the Bon material. Not sure about the Brian stuff though. 

Why take it out on Axl? Angus is the one who fired Brian and forced Malcolm to retire. Angus is running the show. They should throw their shit at him instead. 

Malcolm has dementia. It's hardly fair to say Angus forced him to retire.