Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

4 hours ago, Asia said:

Oh, fuck, I'm double pissed! First it was not an album he was talking about with Eddie but stupid ACDC shows and second he's going with AC/DC even before he goes with Guns, Guns could be in Europe at the time as well, fuck that, who cares about AC/DC when everyone wanted GNR reunion for 23 years. :question:

Not to mention that yeah, he can blow his voice and that's gonna be it for the GNR tour. He's gonna get lot's of hate from the AC/DC fans and generally what a shitty idea. Well, whatever.

Yeah, this is how I feel as well. I am not thrilled at all by this shitty development and couldn't care less about ACDC.

Only positive thing I can say about this is that I'm happy for Axl if that is some life-long dream of his or whatever, but who knows how long his happiness is gonna last if he really should get bombarded with bottles during the concerts like some ACDC fans are already threatening. Historically speaking, Axl isn't all that great at reacting to that kind of thing...

Edited by Lumikki

30 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

The deep voice would ruin it. 'Whisky, gin and brandy, with a glass I'm pretty handy, I'm tryin' to walk a straight line, on sour mash and cheap wine'...those words need to be belted out with full rasp and immense power to convey the feeling. 

Yeah, you're right. But I really want to hear him sing that song. Rasp, or no rasp.

7 hours ago, Evil Doer said:

worst fucking news possible.  it's always 1 step forward 2 steps back.  finally gets back with slash and duff.....puts on 3 killer shows.  gets the most momentum going for guns in years.......and this bullshit.  axl should be focusing on guns and only guns.  work on an album while the fire is hot.  i'm fucking pissed.

Yeah everyone..dont get me wrong.. we finally got a 'not in this lifetime' happening and couldnt be more happier about it... now we get two 'not in this lifetimeS'... it;s just too much... I hope Axl saves his voice for the actual tour in US.!!!!

19 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

I was under the impression a timespan had been mentioned before, but I agree it's up to his doctor.

IIRC she said the cast is on for four weeks in the video, which would mean it coming off the week before the first AC/DC show. Whether that means Axl will be able to perform standing for two hours in early May without issues is another question.

• Like 1

You'd expect that anyone who doesn't want to see it would just sell their ticket and not waste their money rather than going to something they won't even consider enjoying.

Hopefully the majority of folk attending are there to have a great time, I'd expect this would include a decent number of Guns fans and just casual punters attending out of curiosity.

1 minute ago, roadrunner66 said:

Either they're giving the choice of a refund to ticketholders or they must prepare for the backlash. People are already furious and have no desire to see AC/DC without Brian.

Bear in mind the first show is in Portugal:

I'm feeling bad for Axl in middle of this.

Lol? Portugal loves Axl,

They threw rocks to nickelback because someone thought it was a good idea to get them to play in a metal festival ;)

26 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah, this is how I feel as well. I am not thrilled at all by this shitty development and couldn't care less about ACDC.

Only positive thing I can say about this is that I'm happy for Axl if that is some life-long dream of his or whatever, but who knows how long his happiness is gonna last if he really should get bombarded with bottles during the concerts like some ACDC fans are already threatening. Historically speaking, Axl isn't all that great at reacting to that kind of thing...

Me too. I whish he would come to Europe with GNR instead. People have been waiting for years to see Axl and Slash together

worst fucking news possible.  it's always 1 step forward 2 steps back.  finally gets back with slash and duff.....puts on 3 killer shows.  gets the most momentum going for guns in years.......and this bullshit.  axl should be focusing on guns and only guns.  work on an album while the fire is hot.  i'm fucking pissed.

Totally this. Our best chance for a GNR album is just gone to shit. If it was to happen, it should be happening now when they just started, when everyone's excited and into it, including Axl. They could use that 2 months break to really come up with something. But, no, Axl is touring with AC/DC now and after the Guns tour again, so shit, fuck, no new music. Forget it. A year from now noone will do it, I bet. Yeah, I'm pissed, seriously pissed.

I sort of understand where Axl's coming form but it really is a horrible timing. Fuck, it just ruins everything. Not to mention the Guns tour could be longer and include Europe if it wasn't for this stupid shit.

If the GN'R tour happens at all, that is. Because Axl will probably blow up his voice trying to prove to AC/DC fans that he can do it.

Well, anyway, so much about my reunion joy and excitement. Back to earth now. Next time I'll be able to visit this forum without seing red will be the end of June, maybe. That is if anything happens in June at all.

Edited by Asia
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, starlight said:

Me too. I whish he would come to Europe with GNR instead. People have been waiting for years to see Axl and Slash together

Yeah, I'm from Europe as well and I would totally go to the concert in Vienna if it was GnR instead of AC/DC. But money is tight right now and I can't really see myself paying for AC/DC tickets just because Axl will be there.

4 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah, I'm from Europe as well and I would totally go to the concert in Vienna if it was GnR instead of AC/DC. But money is tight right now and I can't really see myself paying for AC/DC tickets just because Axl will be there.

Same situation lol I need to save some money plus I'm not really interested in this Axl /DC thing

Can't see us getting any UK Guns dates anytime soon the timings all wrong. He should have told ACDC if they wanted him they'd have to wait until he'd finished his Guns commitments. I just can't see this ending well after so much positevity. Unless this was the plan all along 20 odd US dates & that's it unless we get some kind of interview or press release it's just all guesswork

I've been choosing to look at the other side of the coin on this as far as Axl's voice is concerned. Instead of worrying about time off in between GN'R dates and him not keeping his voice up, now he's be working it out regularly. So for the Detroit stadium tour opener, we'll get a refreshed Axl who's been working his voice out constantly. As opposed to going to the show wondering if he'll sound like shit because he wasn't bothered to keep himself up.

Seems like a big win for me.

• Like 2

The Whole Lotta Rosie and Riff Raff videos make me confident that Axl can pull this off. At the moment his voice seems just right for AC/DC. It's songs like Sweet Child O Mine, that he struggles with a little bit. But WLR and RR he seems to nail pretty effortlessly. So he might actually sound better on the AC/DC gigs than on GNR gigs.

3 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Seriously thinking about paying 250 USD to travel from Sweden to Denmark and see AXL/DC...

Having not seen Axl in the flesh before and enjoying AC/DC a fair amount, what would you guys have done?

Are tickets in Europe as expensive as in US?

32 minutes ago, Asia said:

Totally this. Our best chance for a GNR album is just gone to shit. If iupwas to happen, it should be  happening now when they just started, when everyone's excited and into it, including Axl. They could use that 2 months break to really come up with something. But, no, Axl is touring with AC/DC now and after the Guns tour again, so shit, fuck, no new music. Forget it. A year from now noone will do it, I bet. Yeah, I'm pissed, seriously pissed.

I sort of understand where Axl's coming form but it really is a horrible timing. Fuck, it just ruins everything. Not to mention the Guns tour could be longer and include Europe if it wasn't for this stupid shit.

If the GN'R tour happens at all, that is. Because Axl will probably blow up his voice trying to prove to AC/DC fans that he can do it.

Well, anyway, so much about my reunion joy and excitement. Back to earth now. Next time I'll be able to visit this forum without seing red will be the end of June, maybe. That is if anything happens in June at all.

You do realize its only like 20 dates, right? 10 next month and 10 in the fall. Wont fuck anything up

19 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I've been choosing to look at the other side of the coin on this as far as Axl's voice is concerned. Instead of worrying about time off in between GN'R dates and him not keeping his voice up, now he's be working it out regularly. So for the Detroit stadium tour opener, we'll get a refreshed Axl who's been working his voice out constantly. As opposed to going to the show wondering if he'll sound like shit because he wasn't bothered to keep himself up.

Seems like a big win for me.

He's already sounding more raspy. Listen to the Coachella Night Train spot.  Silly for him to wear his voice out for an ACDC tour when he's already fronting one of the biggest tours in rock history.