Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

27 minutes ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

And after over 35 years he deserves more than a sentence thanking  him for his services  in the same announcement that he's been replaced.  Not only that, but replaced by someone who many people perceive to be a douche.  While Guns fans are used to Axl's persona, some even praising it, not  everyone appreciates it.   

It is a bit like what happened with mygnr. Except people were glad. 

Yes, I am negative about it because it's a shitty idea altogether. Apart from everything else I find it quite disrespectful to Slash who has so far but served to create a lot of limelight and publicity for Axl's big adventure, including turning the great Coachella reunion show into a big Axl/DC advertisement. I hope honestly that he's not pissed but I'm afraid he might be, big time.

Once he got back after 23 years it all should be about this, about him and Axl and Duff and not about Axl discovering new horizons to which Slash is making a soundtrack.

If Axl did that after Guns have toured, fine. But the way it is, it is just awful.

• Like 1

If one is an optimist, one could hope that this will be a vocal warmup for Axl and that by the time the GnR tour starts, he will be in great voice. But there's the other side of that coin that has already been mentioned: what if it affects his voice negatively before his own tour?

Also, assuming that he's not well received by AC/DC's fans and is panned on the tour, will that negative publicity and word of mouth hurt GnR's prospects going forward? There's really no reason for AC/DC fans to blame him for being there -- he certainly doesn't control what happens in AC/DC or who they decided to fire -- but those fans are already upset.

I wish Axl had joined a band I'd actually be interested in seeing...can't stand AC/DC.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

I'm looking at it more from the perspective of AC/DC rather than Axl, Guns,and ''what Axl's voice will be like?'. As I said before, it was a long stretch of credibility carrying on without Malcolm, and now, this is just a charade, the way they have dealt with Brian, etc. Nobody seeing that is really seeing 'DC. It will be a complete joke - it is too late in the game for 'DC to change singers. 

Time to retire I feel Angus.

9 hours ago, goneshootin said:

I'll try to give my perspective. I'm a huge AC/DC fan. They're my favorite band of all time. (For the record gnr is top five for me). So for those who don't get it, think back to 94 when the original-ish guns broke up. Now keep in mind guns was a band for 8 years, and that Brian Johnson was the singer of AC/DC for THIRTY SIX years. It's nothing against axl in my book. I hope he does great in all of his ventures. In fact I have tix to see two of the gnr shows and was blown away by how great he sounded so far. I get why you guys, as die hard gnr fans, are stoked. But try to understand why we aren't- our frontman got booted after four decades and the band offered a chilly press release wishing him well in future ventures. Future ventures- at almost 70 years old.  So yeah, I'm bitter, but it's not directed towards axl or Brian or anyone but angus and acdc management. I just feel Brian deserved better than a late night general press release without even a quote from his band mate angus. 

It it will be really interesting how this is received live in Europe, I think it will be a mixed bag and since I'm looking forward to seeing guns in July, I hope any negative reaction doesn't set axl off a cliff. 

thank you for sharing the insights. was bringing back Dave Evans even considered, by a fan base?

he does look like a caveman lol, but vocally he is pretty good as far as I can tell.
here he is with some cover band:

Its basically the end of AC/DC after this tour. They will retire, I doubt they will go to the studio again after 5 years to record another album.

These couple of shows are their big money source and after that it will be over. 

3 minutes ago, Colossus of Rhodes said:

thank you for sharing the insights. was bringing back Dave Evans even considered, by a fan base?

he does look like a caveman lol, but vocally he is pretty good as far as I can tell.
here he is with some cover band:

The only person that considered it was Dave himself.

Angus doesn't like him, or the fact that he's used his 5 minutes in AC/DC to promote himself relentlessly for 40 years after the fact. I also think he sings terribly. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Its basically the end of AC/DC after this tour. They will retire, I doubt they will go to the studio again after 5 years to record another album.

These couple of shows are their big money source and after that it will be over. 

i have doubts about that cause then they could have get an cheaper singer than axl....in my opinion they got axl cause they need him for the writing process as well...

9 hours ago, Bono said:

Seriously think about this for a minute. 

Axl and Slash are back together IN Guns N' Roses
Guns N' Roses just killed it with 3 shows that were met with RAVE reviews.
IF GnR kills it tonight and Axl sounds as good as he did in Vegas and IF Axl pulls this off with AC/DC and sounds good the only thing missing now is a new kick ass single to lead into a new kick ass album and suddenly Axl Rose is the biggest rock star on the planet in 2016. It will be his year. That is so fucking surreal. 

Jesus Christ

19 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't think it is a big deal if it is only 10 shows. Axl sounded good on the AC/DC songs last night.

This. As a GNR fan I love this development, as an acdc fan I'm not huge on it. But it won't be for long so..

EDIT: It's actually going to be 12 European dates, the GNR tour, THEN 10 us dates that are rescheduled. 

Edited by Billsfan

6 minutes ago, maxpax said:

i have doubts about that cause then they could have get an cheaper singer than axl....in my opinion they got axl cause they need him for the writing process as well...

So you think Axl will dump the reunited GN'R and join AC/DC?

AC/DC fans are pretty pissed off. I kinda like it myself, both gnr and DC are in my top 5 or so favorite bands. (gnr is 2 and DC is 5 or 6 depending on the day, but both top 10). So when members of my favorite bands play with each other, it's a great thing imo. But I get why hard core AC/DC fans are pissed. My only thing is let up on Axl, this isn't his fault, and they are being pretty nasty. He is honestly the best person in the planet to do this, not some tribute band flunkie, or Dave Evans, etc. I can understand if you would rather see them just retire, that's a fair point. But also, what's Angus supposed to do? He only knows how to do one thing, play AC/DC songs. He's not like Santana or Slash where him guesting on other people's music would be cool, he has to play AC/DC songs, that's HIS thing. 

I just don't like all the Shit Axl is getting over this. 1 year ago, I could understand him getting shit, but he is cooler right now than he has been in 20 years. So I get kinda defensive when they bash him. Its kinda like "hey I can bash him because I'm a gnr fan, but you better not." It's like, you can talk shot about your parents all you want, but as soon as someone else does, you get pissed.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Btw, you all say it's no big deal just 10 shows + 10 shows, altogether 20 shows. how many is he doing with Guns? Because when I counted it amounted to.... sic 20 shows (excluding the 6 that are happening now). Which means he has 50% of his time reserved for the GN'R reunion.

Also let me add, he does the BON songs BETTER than even Brian does imo. Brian is great, don't get me wrong, but I've never really LOVED his take on the BON stuff. I don't hate it, but it was always an "it is what it is" type of thing for me. But Axl actually does the BON songs closer to how they are supposed to be, even today. In his prime? Not even close, Brian Johnson who??? 

As for songs like Back in Black or you shook me all night long, etc? Ya I don't know how those will go, but I'm curious to say the least. 

But to add to what I said earlier, when my favorite bands intertwine, I think it's great. Imagine Axl or Steven Tyler fronting Zeppelin? Or Slash joining the stones? Or Eddie Van Halen joining Pink Floyd? It all sounds interesting to me.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ