Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

35 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Really??? Better than the BON era? I mean we are all entitled to our own opinions, but it's the same as someone saying "CD is better than Appetite" or "NUgnr was better than REAL gnr." Which I know how you feel in reguards to those topics. But to REAL AC/DC fan, that isn't any different. But to each their own I suppose.

Again, agree.

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Sorry, I meant higher than you do, not higher than the Bon Era. The Bon era is far more consistent but I love the Brian era also.

Understood. Which I DO very much like the Brian era as well. I don't want to give the impression that I don't,i just happen to LOVE the BON stuff. I feel in love with them, very much like I did with gnr, so I feel the need to defend it I suppose, lol. 

What great news to wake up to this morning. I think this will only be good for Axl's voice - he always sounds better mid-tour so this means he won't be sitting on his butt for the next two months. The guy has been more active in the first four months 2016 than in the last twenty years combined. :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Colossus of Rhodes said:

I hope to hear this timeless classic, with their new live-lead

I want to hear their new lead try this classic gem, from this unsurpassed performance of theirs at Colchester -

It just perfectly describes our favorite ginger - " I'm a rocker, I'm a roller, I'm a right out of controller, I'm a wheeler, I'm a dealer, I'm a wicked woman stealer, I'm a bruiser, I'm a cruiser, I'm a Rockin' Rollin' man' I'm sure he'd love to sing it. 

@The Archer,

I do agree with you that more people know AC/DC because of Brian. But most of that has to do with popular BIB became. But yes, to many people he IS AC/DC, and it's hard to disagree with that, and I don't. But IMO, those fans a revisionist history by products. Because a BETTER rocking, and more interesting band existed before Brian. So who am I to say they can't exist without him?

As I mentioned elsewhere... there's no problem in Axl's collaboration.. the thing is - it's happening in most inconvenient time possible!! After we have witnessed the audacious feat of reunion that reignited rock scene with Axl and Slash, this happens to take away the limelight from GnR.. If it had happened during CD era, we wouldn't been having negative reactions...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

@The Archer,

I do agree with you that more people know AC/DC because of Brian. But most of that has to do with popular BIB became. But yes, to many people he IS AC/DC, and it's hard to disagree with that, and I don't. But IMO, those fans a revisionist history by products. Because a BETTER rocking, and more interesting band existed before Brian. So who am I to say they can't exist without him?

I believe Angus feels the same way. It's amazing what they accomplished with Brian, but they lost some magic with Bon's death. His personality and sense of humor was irreplaceable. 

20 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

@The Archer,

If you read what I said  - the band was clearly a better band before Bon died. The point is, without Brian coming in as a replacement, they may have ceased to exist.  

For three reasons -

1) They seriously considered disbanding. They didn't, partly because Bon's parents told them to, so they decided to look for a suitable replacement.

2) They then selected the RIGHT replacement and not a copycat. They could have gone with Marc Storace who could have mimiced Bon, but they didn't. They went with Brian whom Bon himself had praised to the band previously. That was a big factor in their selection of Brian. Also, he knocked his audition out of the park, singing both Whole Lotta Rosie and Nutbush city limits. 

3) They then wrote and recorded a phenomenal album. BIB succeeded because of Brian and succeeded beyond everything that they had previously experienced. BIB and Appetite are the best two rock albums of the 80's. Part of it was of course due to Bon's death and sympathy for the band. But it wouldn't have happened if Brian was a dud.

If any of those interconnected factors had gone the other way, there would have been no more AC/DC. 

in all fairness IronMike - you and I mostly agree. It's just that I think that Brian has been much more important to AC/DC than many people (and that includes many Bon era fans) give him credit for.

Edited by The Archer

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I don't mean to diminish Brian in any way, he is an all time great rock singer, no argument there. But if I'm completely honest with you, AC/DC with Brian was always (imo) the best option, better than nothing, but still not REAL AC/DC. 

Let me clarify that, Back in Black is an all time great album, so he has that going for him (but to be honest I DO believe BON wrote some of those songs, but that's a different topic all together). But if you take Back in Black out of the equation, they are great songs here and there, but nothing else that I would call killer, album wise. I know many of you love flick the switch and fly on the wall, maybe I need to give them another chance? Perhaps I will. Honestly the last GREAT AC/DC song imo was Big Gun, and that was back in like 94. Rock or bust is ok, I even like Stiff upper lip, but I would not call any of that stuff great. Honestly the only songs from the Brian era that I would call great are (minus back in black); for those about to rock, who made who, thunderstruck, money talks, and big gun. Which obviously this is subjective, but I'm just telling my thoughts here, so if you ignore the BON era, they are not an all time great band, it's the BON era that really carries them to the legendary status. 

Which brings me to my main point, REAL AC/DC died in 1980. So even though Brian deserves our respect, and shouldn't be treated poorly by the band (if that is the case), in many fans opinions (mine included) they have been just "better than nothing" band for years. It was better to have Brian, than not have AC/DC, so that opinion still holds true for me now. Its better to have Axl than not have AC/DC.

Which again im not trying to "knock" Brian, because I do love the guy, but BON on his worst day was better than Brian was on his best. Yes Brian is probably the better vocalist, (i disagree, but whatever), but BON was a LEGEND. Brian was always just 2nd best. The albums speak for themselves, HIGHWAY to HELL IS the best AC/DC album, not Back in Black.

Powerage is the best AC/DC album, with Flick of the switch not far behind. 

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Btw; Powerage, High Voltage, Let there be rock, and Dirty Deeds are all acceptable choices for "best AC/DC album". All of which are superior to Back in Black. Back in Black is also a great album, but it's the only one from the Brian era.

Flick of the switch is the best Brian era AC/DC album. 

got my tickets for London and cant wait, seeing axl rose and angus young put on a show together is gonna be awesome. only downside is i think the rescheduled usa gigs will be when GNR where gonna come to the uk. 

i dont think the ACDC camp will be having any of axl's lateness, piano playing or wearing skirts on stage. i bet thats already been made clear to him. 

1 minute ago, donny said:

i dont think the ACDC camp will be having any of axl's lateness, piano playing or wearing skirts on stage. i bet thats already been made clear to him. 

No lateness or piano playing for sure. But maybe they'll do the skirts to bond over their Scottish connection.

25 minutes ago, Epson said:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/acdc-auditioned-singer-from-tribute-band-back-in-black-before-deciding-on-axl-rose/ hmm interesting... Maybe they should have done this so their so called "fans" would finally be satisfied. 

The problem with using a tribute band singer, aside from the copycat aspect, is that people paid to see the real thing. Someone in a tribute band doesn't perform at big venues. Axl does, and so him being part of the band is an easier sell.

Amazing that Angus & co even considered this as an option.

Edited by Bumblefeet

Ive been brought up with both bands Bon died 2 years before i was born i love Brian also GnR UY1&2 outstanding Axl is sounding great in GnR i look forward to a EU tour it's bound to happen.

Having watched Axl with Angus last night Riff Raff & Rosie if im honest imnot that fust on them covers iam tho iinterested to see/hear him do the rest of the setlist.

5 minutes ago, Asia said:

I, on the other hand, can't believe that GNR fans are so happy and excited because the tour that they've waited for for 23 years will last half the time it could last and will include half the dates that it could include and won't include Europe because of AC/DC.

Or that the greatest event in the history of rock - the GNR comeback that should get and deserves all the limelight, attention and hype is suddenly completely overshadowed by Axl joining AC/DC.

Or that the shows that should be one big celebration of the upcoming happy Guns era and Slash and Duff's return are an advertisement of the upcoming Axl/DC tour that Slash ended up providing a soundtrack for.

Or that Axl will spend a month blowing his voice with AC/DC before the most anticipated GNR tour has even begun.

I would have nothing against Axl doing it any other time, even right after the Guns N'Roses summer American tour if it is so important to him but going to Europe with AC/DC after announcing the GNR reunion and before coming here with GN'R is just not right. As is doing 10 dates with AC/DC after playing just 6 with freshly reunited Guns or doing as many dates with AC/DC in the reunion year as he's going to do with Guns.

All the other guys in the band have put everything on the shelf for this year and reserved the whole year for GN'R. Once they did it, Axl comes and offers them half of his time during that year. I don't think they're happy about it. They value their time high. I am sure once they put all other things aside they would love to be on the road with Guns rather than sit on their assess and wait for Axl and a chance to adjust to his busy schedule that has suddenly become so busy the year they returned to Guns after 23 years.

Yeah, Axl is making his boyhood dream come true. And he's doing it his style. I want it and I don't care for anybody or anything else. And that right at the start of the new era for Guns that could finally bring this band back on top and make it regain its long lost reputation, position and place in rock n roll history.

This is what he should be concentrating on now. This and only this.

He should either do the AC/DC thing before announcing the reunion or do it after the tour with Guns. The reunited Guns are too great and include too important members now to go about it all in a half assed way which is exactly what he's doing. Squeezing the best band in the world that happens to be his band somewhere in between his commitments to Angus Young.

All in all that's just hell of a lot to enjoy :facepalm:

Have hope. Think big. It could just make everything better.

8 minutes ago, Asia said:

I, on the other hand, can't believe that GNR fans are so happy and excited because the tour that they've waited for for 23 years will last half the time it could last and will include half the dates that it could include and won't include Europe because of AC/DC.

Or that the greatest event in the history of rock - the GNR comeback that should get and deserves all the limelight, attention and hype is suddenly completely overshadowed by Axl joining AC/DC.

Or that the shows that should be one big celebration of the upcoming happy Guns era and Slash and Duff's return are an advertisement of the upcoming Axl/DC tour that Slash ended up providing a soundtrack for.

Or that Axl will spend a month blowing his voice with AC/DC before the most anticipated GNR tour has even begun.

I would have nothing against Axl doing it any other time, even right after the Guns N'Roses summer American tour if it is so important to him but going to Europe with AC/DC after announcing the GNR reunion and before coming here with GN'R is just not right. As is doing 10 dates with AC/DC after playing just 6 with freshly reunited Guns or doing as many dates with AC/DC in the reunion year as he's going to do with Guns.

All the other guys in the band have put everything on the shelf for this year and reserved the whole year for GN'R. Once they did it, Axl comes and offers them half of his time during that year. I don't think they're happy about it. They value their time high. I am sure once they put all other things aside they would love to be on the road with Guns rather than sit on their assess and wait for Axl and a chance to adjust to his busy schedule that has suddenly become so busy the year they returned to Guns after 23 years.

Yeah, Axl is making his boyhood dream come true. And he's doing it his style. I want it and I don't care for anybody or anything else. And that right at the start of the new era for Guns that could finally bring this band back on top and make it regain its long lost reputation, position and place in rock n roll history.

This is what he should be concentrating on now. This and only this.

He should either do the AC/DC thing before announcing the reunion or do it after the tour with Guns. The reunited Guns are too great and include too important members now to go about it all in a half assed way which is exactly what he's doing. Squeezing the best band in the world that happens to be his band somewhere in between his commitments to Angus Young.

All in all that's just hell of a lot to enjoy :facepalm:

These are valid issues to be concerned about. We just have to see how it plays out. Could actually be a great warm-up for the GN'R tour. 

• Like 2