Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

53 minutes ago, SidneyWish said:

1. Johnson wasn't AC/DC singer. He was a replacement for Bon Scott.

2. None of his albums are up there withe Bon classics.

3. AXL is a better frontman.

4. Don't get this thing about the media not caring of the guns anymore. Bands do not reform to be viral everyday of the year. That's totally bad kleenex thinking.

5. Guns will outlast AC/DC. Axl is doing them a service by finishing their tour. It's going to be awesome.

1. Most fans will have listened to Brian first, though. It's like saying who is your fave James Bond? It's usually the first one you saw. In my case it's Roger Moore, with Timothy alongside.

2. LOL

3. Axl is not better, he's different from Brian. Brian was the right man for AC/DC at the right time.

4. Agreed.

5. I wish Axl well, I hope he kills it. AC/DC are a different animal to Guns. It doesn't matter who the last man standing is. Enjoy them both.

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

This place is insane. Basically anybody not included in Axl's projects - Brian Johnson and various ex-members of Guns N' Roses -  becomes the musical equivalent of AIDS, whereas anyone included is rehabilitated to godliness. Brian is one of the legendary singers of rock n' roll and Back in Black is one of the best hard rock albums ever released. The guy deserves far more respect than this - and I say that as more the Bon fan.

I agree. Brian IS an all time great, and deserves better than this. I can only speak for myself, but I am excited by this news. But this is only as an Axl fan, but as an AC/DC fan I do think Brian is getting the shaft. 

I've been a little hard on Brian the last couple of days, I admit that. A lot of that has to do with the fact I rate BON and Axl higher on the all time great frontman lists, but that doesn't mean Brian isn't on that list as well. I think this whole situation shows that perhaps Angus is the asshole of AC/DC. I even read one thing that said "BON was almost kicked out of AC/DC in 1975". Which who knows if that is true, but it does beg the question, does Angus feel that it is HIS band and everyone else is replacable? 

Just now, Iron MikeyJ said:

I agree. Brian IS an all time great, and deserves better than this. I can only speak for myself, but I am excited by this news. But this is only as an Axl fan, but as an AC/DC fan I do think Brian is getting the shaft. 

I've been a little hard on Brian the last couple of days, I admit that. A lot of that has to do with the fact I rate BON and Axl higher on the all time great frontman lists, but that doesn't mean Brian isn't on that list as well. I think this whole situation shows that perhaps Angus is the asshole of AC/DC. I even read one thing that said "BON was almost kicked out of AC/DC in 1975". Which who knows if that is true, but it does beg the question, does Angus feel that it is HIS band and everyone else is replacable? 

Well....duh.  But that's been obvious for quite some time.

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

This place is insane. Basically anybody not included in Axl's projects - Brian Johnson and various ex-members of Guns N' Roses -  becomes the musical equivalent of AIDS, whereas anyone included is rehabilitated to godliness. Brian is one of the legendary singers of rock n' roll and Back in Black is one of the best hard rock albums ever released. The guy deserves far more respect than this - and I say that as more the Bon fan.

Not everybody hates the concept that acdc is willing to fulfill their initial commitment to their fans. I'm a die hard acdc fan like GNR, and my first album was back in black. Second album I got was jailbreak, both when I was 13. The way I look at it, they owe the fans 22 shows. If Brian literally cannot continue to health reasons, hearing loss or not, I think it's a cool thing that they got a big name who's singing incredibly to see that through. But who are we kidding, if they decide to start recording original material again and touring beyond that, then I'll agree with all the fans who believe this to be a disgrace. We don't know the whole story yet like Eddie trunk says, but right now this looks like a band that just wants to finish what they started for their fans and frankly some show is better than no show at all. 

19 minutes ago, Slosh13 said:

1. Most fans will have listened to Brian first, though. It's like saying who is your fave James Bond? It's usually the first one you saw. In my case it's Roger Moore, with Timothy alongside.

2. LOL

3. Axl is not better, he's different from Brian. Brian was the right man for AC/DC at the right time.

4. Agreed.

5. I wish Axl well, I hope he kills it. AC/DC are a different animal to Guns. It doesn't matter who the last man standing is. Enjoy them both.

I'm sorry but I don't know anyone who says Roger Moore is their favorite Bond.  Dalton, yes I've heard a couple say that and with valid arguments as to why.

Axl is a better front man than Brian.  Objectively he's top 5-10 all time.  Brian isn't.

Edited by tsinindy

So yeah I went nuts, and I’m this close to declare bankruptcy, but I just decided to buy a ticket for May 7th, in Lisbon. I realized I would never be able to forgive myself if I didn't :facepalm:
I can promise you guys a review and maybe some vids/pics :) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dgnr said:

So yeah I went nuts, and I’m this close to declare bankruptcy, but I just decided to buy a ticket for May 7th, in Lisbon. I realized I would never be able to forgive myself if I didn't :facepalm:
I can promise you guys a review and maybe some vids/pics :) 

Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'm sorry but I don't know anyone who says Roger Moore is they favorite Bond.  Dalton, yes I've heard a couple say that and with valid arguments as to why.

Axl is a better front man than Brian.  Objectively he's top 5-10 all time.  Brian isn't.

Roger Moore is very popular. Not just by the box office receipts. I know a lot of people who enjoyed his films. Dalton was the prototype Daniel Craig, ahead of his time. The general audience wasn't quite ready for him after the jokey Moore period.

Brian is a terrific front man. I don't care if he's top 10 or not. 

16 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'm sorry but I don't know anyone who says Roger Moore is they favorite Bond.  Dalton, yes I've heard a couple say that and with valid arguments as to why.

Thank you ac/dc by take care of us
Axl is better than the old one
iiii]; )'

Edit: BTW Roger Moore is my favourite Bond as well. My "valid" argument is that he's funnier than the others. It's cheesy but I like it!

Edited by Homefuck
  • Like 1

I would have loved to see AC/DC with Brian. Couldn't get a hold of tickets, sold out in no time. He deserves lots of respect. But Angus and Axl on the same stage is a one time thing and very interesting. I understand hardcore AC/DC fans selling their tickets. Axl Rose is personality wise so weird to see in a band like AC/DC. However 'yay' them selling their tickets now, I could buy tickets for less money then the orginal price.

Back in Black is not Highway to Hell, but that's just me. Of course there are some good Brian era songs. But --

I discovered AC/DC with the first releases in the Bon era so I'm biased.

Still think Axl fronting for a few gigs is an awesome idea.

But where is the AC/DC Greatest Hits?

26 minutes ago, Slosh13 said:

Roger Moore is very popular. Not just by the box office receipts. I know a lot of people who enjoyed his films. Dalton was the prototype Daniel Craig, ahead of his time. The general audience wasn't quite ready for him after the jokey Moore period.

Brian is a terrific front man. I don't care if he's top 10 or not. 

I agree Brian is a great front man...but he's not a better front man than Axl.

But that's my point, people can enjoy one or the other...or both.  But at the end of the day when you look at seriously and objectively no one ever says Roger Moore is the best bond ever...did they enjoy him?  Sure....but everyone knows he isn't the best, because well...he isn't.  

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes but there might be some other wanker replacement after that. It is like 'Queen' with Taylor and May and some wanker

Said a few years back I'd love to see Axl perform Queen songs with May and Taylor. Saw Adam Lambert with them and while he was good, Axl would be something else.

With Axl and Slash together again and Axl/DC an actual real thing, I live in hope.

This has to be the strangest move in all of Rock N' Roll.

2016 will go down in history as the "Year of Axl Rose"

But seriously gang, Bon Scott died and Brian stepped in to front the most incredibly successful run of any band on the planet.

Brian Johnson deserves more respect here and EVERYWHERE.

HE IS THE FRONTMAN OF AC/DC. Fucking hell!  No arguments - he's been callous tossed aside in this whole thing.  Bizarre. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Amir said:

Said a few years back I'd love to see Axl perform Queen songs with May and Taylor. Saw Adam Lambert with them and while he was good, Axl would be something else.

With Axl and Slash together again and Axl/DC an actual real thing, I live in hope.

Uggh!

Queen died the day Fred died. There has been no more Queen and never will be, and never should be - Deacon understands this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

He did? That's news to me. Where did we have any indication of a Guns European tour before the North American one? Most of the signs pointed to 2017, and that was before AC/DC. A fall tour is still entirely possible since AC/DC's extra ten dates can easily be slotted into the first couple weeks of September. That'd even allow for the late September UK Guns dates as Eddie Money suggested.

You've got every right to not be a fan of this whole thing, but to start getting angry over your own personal speculation is silly until we know what the whole deal is. Guns summer tour of North America is happening. I do agree that it's possible they slightly altered the itinerary but maybe not. Many of the dates fell exactly where speculated, give or take a day or two. We also know that Slash has every intention of recording with Myles this year. Didn't Todd Kerns say they were meeting in May? That was also before AC/DC came up. It shows that before any of the AC/DC business came about there were plans for breaks. Maybe that looks like 50/50 right now but once AC/DC is done it's done. Guns could very well have a massive plan for the Fall and early 2017. We just simply don't know yet.

AC/DC had their tour booked, sold, and promoted before the Guns reunion was even officially announced. They seem to have waited it out in regards to their Europe shows to see if whatever fill in could honour the dates as planned or if those too would have to be postponed like their ten remaining North American dates. It happened to work out, and the postponed shows are being configured around the Guns schedule and not the other way around.

I agree that the announcement probably overshadowed Coachella. However, it was as logical as both parties could have made it. They waited until after all the Guns dates have had a couple of weeks on the market and have mostly sold out. That was likely so the publicity with the AC/DC stuff wouldn't overshadow the tour. Now that the tour has had a few weeks to settle in, they announce the AC/DC stuff in due time before their shows start. Not the greatest plan but really, what other choice did they have?

I doubt the marketing team cares which end of it is trending on Facebook. The Guns tour is selling well regardless and it'll be Guns fans buying up the extra AC/DC tickets. Slash and Duff obviously knew about all this weeks ago so to start saying Slash is going to get bored sitting around is a pure fabrication. He'll probably enjoy the extra time to write with Myles.

Bottom line is - we don't know shit. Okay, Axl hasn't done an interview so that means he doesn't care about Guns? So do Slash, Duff, and Frank not care about Guns either? For all we know they're all on board with support. If it turns out to be the opposite, then we'll have reason to be upset.

This next part isn't directed at you Asia, but I can't believe there was even someone who suggested that Axl is "getting back at Slash" - for what? There isn't enough face palms for that remark.

Yeah, maybe it is silly getting angry over your own speculations but then again if we weren't getting angry or happy or excited over our own speculations we would have nothing to get emotional about because there are no facts with this stupid band, no explanations, no nothing, as you've probably noticed. ;) And I just find it unlikely that they would only plan 2 months of touring this year. Yeah, it was planned that Slash would be making an album in May at some point but the last interview with Todd seemed to suggest that not necessairily in May, more likely when Slash finds time and generally speaking right now Guns is more important or so I remembered it, I mihgt be wrong, I wasn't learning this by heart.

As for the announcement - they could limit it to a press release without Angus guesting or announce it the day after the show, in between the shows, whatever, not to steel the limelight from Guns.

Well, Slash and Duff knew it weeks ago but weeks ain't enough to make any sensible plans and as we know Slash needs to work and be on the road, so he might not be too happy. I'm not sure his bandmates will be available now for the album, if he was supposed to tour during that time.

The no interviews thing is sort of understandable and I wouldn't mind this if it was to stay like that and the hype and everything would be built on stage with Guns. But if there are to be AC/DC tours and AC/DC interviews than Guns interviews should have been there as well, otherwise it seems as if Guns was just another version of Axl's long forgotten band that nobody, including Axl himself, cares about. And Axl should not create this impression, it's not good and it will backfire this way or another.

Plus I have never in my life heard of a situation in which one of the biggest bands in the world would give up or change their plans (big tour, album or whatever) because the singer of this band wants to temporarily join another band at the time important band business is going on in his own band. Especially if it would mean steeling the show, the attention and the limelight  from his own band. Don't think anyone other than Axl has ever done it. Imagine Jagger doing it. Richards would probably kill him right away.

Plus I 'm afraid it will all backfire at Axl in a way that will make him very sorry he ever agreed to that. The fans are furious. They're already starting getting bad reviews, that is Guns N'Roses, mind you, while until the announcement it was all good. Guns are already getting beaten for Ac/DC. Things are probably gonna get even worse later. I don't think Axl will handle the Johnson songs all too well, I just don't see it. The chances of him blowing up his voice are huge - he'll have to give out high pitched shrieks for two hours without much breaks. In Guns he has ballads, he has instrumentals to let his voice rest after songs like YCBM. Does ACDC even have any ballads? Do they play any instrumetal songs? His voice and throat have always been vulnerable, now I think even more so than when he was young. With AC/DC having fast shows and no songs that would let him rest his voice it's too risky, as far as I'm concerned.

First he might sound like shit, second he may easily blow up his voice, third he will be boood off stage and destroyed in the press and the destruction in the press will hit at Guns pretty bad in the wake of their big return. Not to mention his good relations with Angus might not stand the test of a tour. Do you still remmeber what Metallica, FNM, Soundgarden made of Axl in the media after touring with him? How they were disgusted with his entourage, his ways of doing things and how they mocked him everywehre? Axl hasn't changed, I guess things are even worse now with team brasil and all that shit. Will AC/DC be genetlemen about it? I'm no so certain. Especially if anything goes sour between them which in case of Axl is very probable. Especially that Angus is not a mild angel either. All in all there's a good chance Axl's reputation will plumet right to the bottom just before the Guns world tour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SidneyWish said:

Johnson wasn'originalAC/DC singer. He was a replace ment for Bon Scott.

None of his albums are up there withe Bon classics.

AXL is a better frontman.

Don't get this thing about the media not caring of the guns anymore. Bands do not reform to be viral everyday of the year. That's totally bad kleenex thinking.

Guns will outlast AC/DC. Axl is doing them a service by finishing their tour. It's going to be awesome.

Bon was there for 7/8 years yes he was the orignal front man BUT Brian was there for 36 years & a hell of a lot of people have grown up with Brian.

Im not comparing singers as such Axl is a great singer he sounds amazing right now BUT them 2 covers he did over wknd Rosie & RiffRaff were not the best just like i expect Brian would sound doing Get in the ring OR C.war 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Bon was there for 7/8 years yes he was the orignal front man BUT Brian was there for 36 years & a hell of a lot of people have grown up with Brian.

Im not comparing singers as such Axl is a great singer he sounds amazing right now BUT them 2 covers he did over wknd Rosie & RiffRaff were not the best just like i expect Brian would sound doing Get in the ring OR C.war 

Bon wasn't even the original frontman for AC/DC. A legend nonetheless.

And I always feel T.N.T doesn't get as much love as later albums. I love the rawness of those first few Acca releases.

7 hours ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

Are tickets sold out for London? Best website to get em? Or do I need to be pestering AC-DC fans?

Where are you in UK..??? Nearly all 2nd sites are selling @ FV I Have 4 GA for London im not expecting to need all 4 now ill let ya know

40 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is not a question of 'Axl being a better frontman than Brian' or your ''preferred frontman'' or vice versa. It is a question of Brian being a 'better AC/DC frontman''. It is also a question of integrity and treating your band members with respect. I personally have no interest in seeing Axl Rose fronting AC/DC. There is barely anything left, with Brian, Malcolm and Rudd gone! It is just a cover band. I cannot believe people are stupid enough to buy tickets for this - I'm completely with the 'DC fans here.

Maybe because most people are more interesting in having a great time with good music than to obsess about who is playing?