Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

7 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

My top 3 would be 

For Those About To Rock

Hells Bells

Sin City

Sin City would be awesome to hear. I am really curious to see what he will do with Hells Bells, or if he will sing it at all. It is certainly my favorite from Brian's era, but it's a very unique song and I can forgive Brian for singing it badly because he was once great on it, but I really hope that Axl sings it if he can do a good job on it. I think FTATR is going to be difficult to reproduce. Some sustained throat tearing screaming on that one.

7 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Would be funny if Axl messes with the AC/DC fans and opens each show with "Big Balls."

:lol: Axl is definitely going to sing this one at some point in the tour. It's too good to miss.

1 minute ago, GNRfan2008 said:

And the fucking kilt with bagpipes for "Long Way to the Top." :axl92:

That would be awesome!!! Axl and Angus both wearing kilts in a show of solidarity for their Scottish heritage would be funny. If anyone throws banana peels, they can always moon the crowd.

25 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Soon hopefully. I'll have a word with @downzyto see what the plan is.

What are your top three songs to hear him sing?

Let me put my love into you, would be quite awesome.

Dirty Deeds

Shoot to thrill

I think this would really be a good chance though to pull out some rarities.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

I think they should go 100% Bon set. This protects Axl from extreme rasp with Thunderstruck and other Brian songs. Also sort of honors Brian by not acting like it's no big deal and the show just goes on like nothing happened. Would give Angus a chance to play some deep cuts from 40 years ago and for the audience to hear those songs for the first time in many, many years. Axl and Bon's voices have more in common than Axl and Brian's voices, so it would be a more natural fit too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I think they should go 100% Bon set. This protects Axl from extreme rasp with Thunderstruck and other Brian songs. Also sort of honors Brian by not acting like it's no big deal and the show just goes on like nothing happened. Would give Angus a chance to play some deep cuts from 40 years ago and for the audience to hear those songs for the first time in many, many years. Axl and Bon's voices have more in common than Axl and Brian's voices, so it would be a more natural fit too.

Ran out of likes.

If the backlash from the AC/DC fans gets too extreme, this may be the way to go. I think that the statement from Brian helps, but they really need to do some press and a joint interview to address this. However, the problem is that Axl won't be able to do an interview with AC/DC without doing one first with GN'R band members. If that's the case, he should open up the first show on the tour with an expression of his admiration for Bon and a dedication to Brian.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

With Chris Slade on drums? No thanks lol.

My top 3 songs:

1. Thunderstruck 

2. Sin City

3. Jailbreak

I wonder how Chris Slade would sound on Mr. Brownstone and Rocket Queen... :lol:

As much as I hope Angus is wise with the set list, I don't see him altering it all too much from the current one. Maybe drop a couple of the non-essential Brian songs and replace those with Bon ones but otherwise mostly the same.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I'm no expert by a long shot but based on what I have listened to I think Axl will be fine, if he can manage Coma I think he can manage this especially if the shows are dead on 2 hrs with 20 odd minutes of guitar solo in that. One thing that does strike me is that Brians voice is so very English, if anywhere that is where the some of the disparity will show.

3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I'm no expert by a long shot but based on what I have listened to I think Axl will be fine, if he can manage Coma I think he can manage this especially if the shows are dead on 2 hrs with 20 odd minutes of guitar solo in that. One thing that does strike me is that Brians voice is so very English, if anywhere that is where the some of the disparity will show.

I can't really tell he's British when he's singing, but that accent is really strong when he talks. :lol:

5 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I can't really tell he's British when he's singing, but that accent is really strong when he talks. :lol:

It stands out a mile to me but then I'm British too so maybe that's why. It's a very strong regional accent, very recognisable, within the UK at least.

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

It stands out a mile to me but then I'm British too so maybe that's why. It's a very strong regional accent, very recognisable, within the UK at least.

He's a Geordie. As a casual fan, do you consider them in any way a British band ? Most of the members were born/raised in Britain.

7 minutes ago, The Archer said:

He's a Geordie. As a casual fan, do you consider them in any way a British band ? Most of the members were born/raised in Britain.

Yes I think so, they strike me as having quite working class, British roots. I don't know if they do fall into that category without googling it but that's the impression I get.

I'm sure @Len B'stard will set me straight on this if I'm wrong. :lol:

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

Yes I think so, they strike me as having quite working class, British roots. I don't know if they do fall into that category without googling it but that's the impression I get.

That they are - every single person who's ever been in that band, except for two former members was born in Britain. They're quite the Australian national treasure though.

34 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I wonder how Chris Slade would sound on Mr. Brownstone and Rocket Queen... :lol:

As much as I hope Angus is wise with the set list, I don't see him altering it all too much from the current one. Maybe drop a couple of the non-essential Brian songs and replace those with Bon ones but otherwise mostly the same.

I bet we see a couple classic Bon Era songs that haven't poked their heads in decades.. Should be pretty cool.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Archer said:

That they are - every single person who's ever been in that band, except for two former members was born in Britain. They're quite the Australian national treasure though.

I guess that makes Axl a bold move then in more ways than one.

9 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Not this time my dear, alas the supreme pontiff of bollocks has nothing to say on the matter, a consequence of knowing next to fuck all about AC/DC :lol:. Good music though!  Well, the little I've heard.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Not this time my dear, alas the supreme pontiff of bollocks has nothing to say on the matter, a consequence of knowing next to fuck all about AC/DC :lol:. Good music though!  Well, the little I've heard.

Bloody hell, That's a first! :lol:

• Like 1