Band Members Relationships

Since this reunion occurred and remembering all the other GnR eras, I seem to notice that not all band members share equal mutual relationships. I know that Axl, Slash and Duff feel wird and its an unknown road ahead so far but amidst all those things their relationship and stage chemistry and presence is the most distinguished so far. I have even seen that Slash had acknowledged Frank bu hugging him in Vegas. (If you recall even Ashba was 'best friends' with Tommy...). The point being in all eras there was some kind of mutual connection, but in this new one I cannot grasp the different worlds..what stands out is Slash relationship with Dizzy... I don't recall him befriending him even during UYI (you could see Gilby and Dizzy)..was it because he was against having a keyboard player in the band or something else.. I don't know.. why is that? Not all connections are active.. Like Dizzy and Frank or Dizzy and Fortus.. Even Slash and Fortus seem to be having more connections since reunion on stage and Slash and Frank on that Instagram pic.. 

Any thoughts?

*Feel free to move this topic to wherever it belongs...

Looks like Axl is close with everyone, Slash is getting along with Richard and Frank. Duff seems to be getting along well with everyone, especially Slash. There's really no way to know what goes on behind the scenes. I don't think we should judge these people's relationships purely from what we see on stage though. They're working and focusing on delivering the best performance while also trying to enjoy themselves.

Who knows, Dizzy could be the life of the party off stage.

• Like 1

I can't see many instances when Slash would need to interact with Dizzy on stage anyway. Slash runs on stage from side to side but he would never need to walk up and go on Dizzy's platform. He does on the opposite side for NR but again, it's on his side and convenient to him. And like Tyler said, you can't just judge them by their on stage reactions. They could be best buds backstage and joking, we'll never know!

Of course Slash and Fortus have connections, and Slash and Frank it's important to have some sort of connection with important parts of band like rhythm guitarist and drummer. Dizzy is keyboard player and who give a fuck about him?

slash and dizzy have played/worked together outside of GNR so no problem there. 

dont forget these aint a group of mates that decided to start a band together, some have come in to the band as strangers to the others(bit like a manufactured band) some people click and some dont. give them some bonding time and it will be like a happy family. 

1 minute ago, donny said:

slash and dizzy have played/worked together outside of GNR so no problem there. 

dont forget these aint a group of mates that decided to start a band together, some have come in to the band as strangers to the others(bit like a manufactured band) some people click and some dont. give them some bonding time and it will be like a happy family. 

where have Slash and Dizzy played outside of GnR?

What is this!? It's as if they're a boyband, who have to be best-friends with each other.

They're men in their 50s. They probably get along, but have their own lives and close friends outside of the band.

And one picture on social media doesn't mean they're close. Nor do they have to be.

• Like 1

Well before they got signed up to Geffen, they were in a bunch of different bands, but when the Classic lineup was formed, they stood by each other, they were not HUGE, but somehow they were like a family which is a surprise and very cool too.

They somehow were in contact with each other even after leaving. Slash, Duff and Matt worked on many projects together. Duff and Izzy were/are like the best buddies. Steven was also in touch with Slash and Duff on and off. 

With the Nugnr members, they were basically hired hands who din't care about each other. Some of them knew each other from before, only they are in contact and played with each others side projects. Remember how Bucket and Ron got bullied, both of them are not in contact with any of the other members

Robin was in the band for such a long time, he did contribute a lot to CD, after he left, who cared about him? before they acted like the best buddies, Dizzy was like so "friendly friendly" with him, but well Dizzy is a tool anyways

Now with Frank and Richard, I guess everyone is cool with each other. Slash had even offered Richard to play in his band or to do some show with him, but Fortus declined and said he won't share the same stage as Slash, well look at the Irony. This is why I prefer Izzy, he never licks anyone's Ass. He does what he wants.

Melissa is not meant for GNR, but I would really love to see her with Slash's solo band, they covering songs like Estranged or NR would be cool, but do we even need that? like we have Axl singing them and Slash playing them, what else do we even need? 

I feel they are slowly getting there but from stage interaction, there's definitely more "love" between Duff and Axl than Axl and Slash... so far...

What I see is that we still got that "celebrity" crap going on that Slash hated so much and described in his book. All these after parties with models, celebrities, VIP's, etc.. they all seem to be connected more to Axl than Slash, Duff, etc.

I wonder if there's still this problem of spending loads of money on throwing those big.ass parties for all these people who are just there for publicity :shrugs:

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What I see is that we still got that "celebrity" crap going on that Slash hated so much and described in his book. All these after parties with models, celebrities, VIP's, etc.. they all seem to be connected more to Axl than Slash, Duff, etc.

I wonder if there's still this problem of spending loads of money on throwing those big.ass parties for all these people who are just there for publicity :shrugs:

For someone who doesn't like celebrity parties, he sure walks many red carpets events and is easy to get to perform at any crap award gig or celebrity bash... not saying he has little integrity, but if what you write is true he seems to have a love hate relationship with celebrity networking lol.

12 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

For someone who doesn't like celebrity parties, he sure walks many red carpets events and is easy to get to perform at any crap award gig or celebrity bash... not saying he has little integrity, but if what you write is true he seems to have a love hate relationship with celebrity networking lol.

In his book Slash complained about Axl throwing those aftershow parties and having an extended camp of people who were not needed, yet they were flying all over the world with them for free.

Don't know how Slash feels about that now but seeing Lana del Rey wearing a GN'R jacket, like she's some member of the crew, I dont know whats her role in the crew...?

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I feel they are slowly getting there but from stage interaction, there's definitely more "love" between Duff and Axl than Axl and Slash... so far...

What that have to do with Slash, i mean that is Axl's money he can do whatever fucking want with it.

Edited by DexAxl

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

1 hour ago, Bumblefeet said:

like you both said, Axl and Slash are each guilty of the celebrity environment in their own ways. and it's been this way ever since UYI touring, definitely annoying.

as for the relationships between members, Slash and Duff are the closest by far. if Izzy and Steven came back, it would change some of the dynamics.

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

In his book Slash complained about Axl throwing those aftershow parties and having an extended camp of people who were not needed, yet they were flying all over the world with them for free.

Don't know how Slash feels about that now but seeing Lana del Rey wearing a GN'R jacket, like she's some member of the crew, I dont know whats her role in the crew...?

Not just Lana Del Rey, but also Nur Khan, Sasha Volkova and various other people. Like, what exactly is the point of them being there? What kind of job are they doing since they are apparently all part of the crew (or "Family" as that creepy Khan guy put it urgh).

I kinda get why Slash doesn't like these types of people. They already annoy me and I'm not the one who has to be around them/pay them/etc. Really can't blame Slash for his hate of all the "beggars and hangers-on".

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

I haven't seen a back stage picture of Axl and Slash together...I would like to see him Duff and Slash all in one room. But Trunk said when he went backstage Axl and Slash were talking to each other. Part of me feels there is still tension, Slash is probably sacrificing much more to make this happen than Axl is...but then part of me feels that everyone has been strictly advised to not take a picture of Axl and Slash together backstage, possibly some professional photos coming or the documentary that they may be doing will have insight to their relationship currently 

12 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Not just Lana Del Rey, but also Nur Khan, Sasha Volkova and various other people. Like, what exactly is the point of them being there? What kind of job are they doing since they are apparently all part of the crew (or "Family" as that creepy Khan guy put it urgh).

I kinda get why Slash doesn't like these types of people. They already annoy me and I'm not the one who has to be around them/pay them/etc. Really can't blame Slash for his hate of all the "beggars and hanagers-on".

Yeah I said Lana del Rey just to name one of the big list of useless people hanging around this band AGAIN.

I dislike them as well, I feel none of them are real about their feelings for Axl. They are around now because the band is back, getting lots of press, so having their pic taken with the "legend" (like those silly models called him) is the thing they have to do to keep their Instagram accounts full of likes and shit.

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I haven't seen a back stage picture of Axl and Slash together...I would like to see him Duff and Slash all in one room. But Trunk said when he went backstage Axl and Slash were talking to each other. Part of me feels there is still tension, Slash is probably sacrificing much more to make this happen than Axl is...but then part of me feels that everyone has been strictly advised to not take a picture of Axl and Slash together backstage, possibly some professional photos coming or the documentary that they may be doing will have insight to their relationship currently 

I was wondering about that too... Haven't seen one single pic of them or the whole band together backstage, only when they say goodbye at the end of the show. It looks like after they leave the stage, they go to each other's room and leave the venue inmediately. Axl goes to parties with the posers and Slash and Duff with their families.

Slash must have accepted that Axl will not change so he will just go there, do his job, deliver a good show and when the time is over he simply disappears from the scene. They don't hang out after the show apparently :/

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah I said Lana del Rey just to name one of the big list of useless people hanging around this band AGAIN.

I dislike them as well, I feel none of them are real about their feelings for Axl. They are around now because the band is back, getting lots of press, so having their pic taken with the "legend" (like those silly models called him) is the thing they have to do to keep their Instagram accounts full of likes and shit.

I was wondering about that too... Haven't seen one single pic of them or the whole band together backstage, only when they say goodbye at the end of the show. It looks like after they leave the stage, they go to each other's room and leave the venue inmediately. Axl goes to parties with the posers and Slash and Duff with their families.

Slash must have accepted that Axl will not change so he will just go there, do his job, deliver a good show and when the time is over he simply disappears from the scene. They don't hang out after the show apparently :/

Yeah. I had kinda hoped that Slash and Duff would get Axl away from the useless people and remind him again who his real friends and family are. Now that it's not the UYI era anymore and Slash and Duff aren't constantly high/drunk anymore, it would be nice if they actually spoke their mind and put their feet down in regard to certain things they like to complain about. But instead it seems like they still ignore whatever is going on with and around Axl and keep their mouth shut while steadily growing more annoyed. I really hope I'm wrong, but I can see things heading that way.

3 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah. I had kinda hoped that Slash and Duff would get Axl away from the useless people and remind him again who his real friends and family are. Now that it's not the UYI era anymore and Slash and Duff aren't constantly high/drunk anymore, it would be nice if they actually spoke their mind and put their feet down in regard to certain things they like to complain about. But instead it seems like they still ignore whatever is going on with and around Axl and keep their mouth shut while steadily growing more annoyed. I really hope I'm wrong, but I can see things heading that way.

If they couldn't handle Axl back then, when they were more tight and younger, there are no chances of them saying anything to Axl now.... He's got a full camp of enablers, servants, assistants and hanger-ons who will sweet talk him until lights go off.

It looks to me Duff and Slash just go to their job, do what they are paid to do and that's it. There's no friendship anymore, this is business. Axl built an entire circle when they left and it seems difficult for them to get back in. So I guess this is the price to pay.

But as long as they deliver wonderful shows and Axl can keep his voice in shape, then I suppose none of this matter, even if it hurts us as fans..

• Like 1