Any Yes fans?

HeartbreakerWoman

On 3 May 2016 at 2:19 AM, Rovim said:

I would say so. One of the worst bands ever. Drums sound totally ass and the vibe is "we are here to display our penis and masturbate all over you for no good reason with shitty lyrics and great technical prowess." I always think of suicide when I listen to The Spirit Carries On, everyone is just noodling. I'd rather listen to a recording of me taking a very noisy shit personally speaking cause there is no bite to it of any kind.

I think that's what I though until I heard Train of Thought. As I Am and Honor Thy Father kind of impacted. 

I think it was that whole Twilight era of operatic rock. This record wasn't like there normal records I'm guessing. It's like Load or something of DT where it's slightly more rocking. Systematic Chaos was more tedious. 

• 2 months later...

Don't know I missed this thread.

I have 

Yes. 

Time and a Word

The Yes Album

Fragile

Close to the Edge

Tales from the Topgraphic Ocean

Relayer.

Haven't been interested in anything beyond Relayer, like Rolling Stones after Some Girls, but that will change. 

I always thought they were one of the more accessible progressive rock bands. Heavily influenced by the Beatles. They changed direction once prog got slaughtered by punk rock and new wave. It needed to happen. I still don't know what the fuck Jon Anderson is singing about. I think he just utters nonsense. Van Dyke Park's lyrics makes more sense. 

For all Yes fans the recent "Seven Shows for Seventy" Two 14CD boxset is the holy grail of live Yes. They found the original multitracks for 7 of the 1972 Close to the Edge tour shows they recorded for the "Yessongs" album and  finally released them complete. 

The Brian Kehew, who mixed the tapes, discovered  that Dolby units used during the original recordings were misaligned which is why the original "Yesongs" album sounds muddy. He calibrated each track by ear so these recordings are now pristine sounding and blow away the old "Yesongs" album. There is also a 2CD highlight version which cherry picks the best versions of songs for those who don't want 7 shows of the same setlist.......highly recommended......