05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

Axl's vocals are absolutely mind blowing. I thought he sounded good on the GNR shows this year, but this is just on another level. Right there with the 90's, 2006 and shit. I honestly never thought he was still capable of that.

He is already on his way to the top, but if he brings this kind of performance to the GNR tour it will be simply huge and absolutely epic. Don't get me wrong, his GNR performances so far have been pretty good, but this right here is leaps and bounds beyond good, it's simply glorious. I'm stoked for tonight's show.

What a start to the year by Axl.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BackOffBitch! said:

High Voltage fuckin works

Wow, this was just great to listen to. I was always confident about the Bon material but Axl sounds so, so good on the Brian material - BIB, Hells Bells, Thunderstruck all sound great. This is just so exciting.

• Like 2

We're just under an hour away and I'm kind of nervous. My favorite living frontman, filling in the shoes of my favorite ever frontman (RIP Bon) , in this never expected merger of my two favorite bands. I'm not as worried for Angus and the boys, but I am for Axl. This is in some ways such a big risk that he's taking on, and he's braving the possibility of brickbats from so many quarters. It doesn't sound logical but I'm even kind of worried that the show is going to start too early for him, with them going on at 9:00 PM when we all know that he really doesn't get cranked up and ready past midnight. The good thing is that we know that he's put in the work with all those rehearsals. Big expectations, but I hope he knocks it out of the park.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

This is gonna be awesome. Can't wait. GnR is my favorite band with ACDC beung second so dream come true here. I hyope other ACDC fans will appreciate what we have here. It's so unfortunate about  Brian though. Bring on the perscopes. I wonder if Fede is a fan lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

This is gonna be awesome. Can't wait. GnR is my favorite band with ACDC beung second so dream come true here. I hyope other ACDC fans will appreciate what we have here. It's so unfortunate about  Brian though. Bring on the perscopes. I wonder if Fede is a fan lol

Let's start a plane ticket fund for Fede. LOL  :headbang:

Eek! Like others here, I am nervous as well. This is a big moment in the history of rock. I so hope that Axl does well. All the signs point towards an amazing night, but rehearsals are different than having to do the real thing, the big show, and some AC/DC fans are less than happy about Axl replacing Brian. Which is understandable - I wouldn't be pleased if I purchased a GN'R ticket and ended up with Sebastian Bach fronting the band.

I hope that Axl can win them over. It would be great for the fans, and great for him as well.

• Like 1