05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

So far the only one I've thought sounded off was Dirty Deeds. TNT wasn't bad. Whole Lotta Rosie is about to make up for it though :D

With Dirty I felt he missed a few notes. With TNT his voice was just weaker, like on the beginning of Rosie, but as soon as he puts power into it the raasp is turned on, too, and all is well.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

See, I wasn't that impressed with the reunion shows. He sounds much better here in my opinion.

The 2nd Mexico show was awesome, he was getting there and now with all the rehearsals and work with AC/DC he's fully

up to scratch it would seem. This is an incredible opening night, he'll only get better from here with confidence

that the crowd seem to have embraced him (mostly)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

See, I wasn't that impressed with the reunion shows. He sounds much better here in my opinion.

No doubt about It. His voice wasn't much different doing the reunion shows as It was from 2011 on. He has taken It up 4-5 notches tonight. This Is the way Axl should sound.

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

The 2nd Mexico show was awesome, he was getting there and now with all the rehearsals and work with AC/DC he's fully

up to scratch it would seem. This is an incredible opening night, he'll only get better from here with confidence

that the crowd seem to have embraced him (mostly)

I was really nervous about how the crowd would treat him, especially at the beginning. They were chanting AXL very loudly before the show started, a clear sign they were going to give him a fair shake and not throw a bunch of shit at him before he even had a chance to show what he could do with the songs. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I sure hope I'll be able to get a Detroit ticket for at or near face value. The buzz on this is gonna be huge. 

Ya... I was thinking of going to one of the US shows... Now I MUST

:devilshades:

Edited by Axl_Fetish
Devil required

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

With Dirty I felt he missed a few notes. With TNT his voice was just weaker, like on the beginning of Rosie, but as soon as he puts power into it the raasp is turned on, too, and all is well.

The all-out raspy voice he's using on the Brian Johnson stuff isn't really needed on stuff like TNT though. Given he often struggles with anything resembling a mid-voice I thought it wasn't bad.

2 minutes ago, prettytiedup88 said:

Holy shit. Absolutey Speechless. Just watched Black in Black and i'm lost for words. That particular song, with that vocal performance is Axl showing the world the best rock n roll singer on the planet has returned. 

Absolutely! People always say that Axl could be considered the greatest RNR frontman of all time in his prime - well, he sounds like '87-'93 right now... The King is back and dropping atomic bombs on any possible competition! :headbang: