05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

14 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Whole Lotta Rosie. Axl "I think you might know this girl...." LOL

And the crowd chants ANGUS!!! With AXL singing....'wanna tell you about a woman I know'. 

Bon is looking down from somewhere above and smiling wickedly at all this.

I was just thinking about when I first heard  the Marquee version 29 goddamn years ago, and how I was amazed they did the Angus chant for Guns. And now here he is actually with Angus. Crazy.

Edited by bigpoop
  • Like 2

Just now, The Archer said:

Hahaha...I think it's cute that he still throws in his one handed playing tricks in there - the guy looks like and acts like a zombie in real life and turns into some kind of demon on stage  - you got to admit that he really loves this stuff.

1st AC/DC gig that i have seen him keep his shirt on lol

Just now, The Archer said:

Hahaha...I think it's cute that he still throws in his one handed playing tricks in there - the guy looks like and acts like a zombie in real life and turns into some kind of demon on stage  - you got to admit that he really loves this stuff.

Have you ever seen the movie The Prestige with Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman? There is a scene where they are watching a Chinese magician who seems very very old and decrepit but is somehow able to perform this crazy magic trick with a very large fishbowl that probably is very heavy. Bale and Jackman realize that the magic on stage is not the real trick. The real trick is pretending to be decrepit off-stage and saving all his energy for the stage. Angus reminds me of that. Looks, talks, and moves like a 85 year old in real life. Moves and plays guitar on stage like a 25 year old. It's incredible, haha. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That was not a 100 % replica of a scream Brian (or Bon, bear with an ignorant guy here) used to do??

I never liked Brian on this one but this is one of the all time great Bon classics - 

As for that scream that we heard, I'm pretty sure that that was a W. Axl Rose original ;)

2 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Anybody here also a member of any acdc boards? I would love to get an idea of what the feedback is over there as this is going on. 

Most people are happy. I'm fuckin thrilled with this performance. Exceeded my expectations in every way, nothing was bad and almost every song was great. 

I wish Angus would drop the long repetitive solo and play more songs.