05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

3 hours ago, JohnnyGtar said:

This whole thing blows my mind. I'm 54 with 6 grandkids and AC/DC has Axl singng. Never in my wildest dreams did I think of that combination. Pretty damn awesome that my favorite band from my high school years would have my favorite singer belting out their tunes. LIFE IS GOOD.

Damn, that's fuckin' great man. This is history in the making. I know how that sounds but it's true. These 2 bands are connected cause Guns was heavily influenced by AC/DC and Axl, Izzy, and Slash are fans. Let's face it, Bon Scott might have been the best hard rock singer ever, (unless you prefer Robert Plant but that's silly) but I feel Axl is comparable to Brian and to be brutally honest the fact he couldn't do it just allowed something much more exciting to happen, at least for some Gn'R fans and some AC/DC fans.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I think she was bothered by them chanting Brian right after Axl just sang his balls off for them for 2+ hours. Not exactly respectful on their part. 

So what? Axl does a great show and the singer for the past 36 year is forgotten?? It's still an AC/DC concert and some are still sad that they didn't get to see Brian. Again, just imagine the tables were turned.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I think she was bothered by them chanting Brian right after Axl just sang his balls off for them for 2+ hours. Not exactly respectful on their part. 

So what? Axl does a great show and the singer for the past 36 year is forgotten?? It's still an AC/DC concert and some are still sad that they didn't get to see Brian. Again, just imagine the tables were turned.

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Not that he is forgotten, just that it's not exactly respectful to what the band and singer just did on the stage. 

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

As far as tables being turned, when Axl sucks we say it. When Myles sounds better than him, I say it. I don't have any problem with that. Sweet Child is a good example where Myles does a much better job than Axl. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

Surely an errant jobby could wait 5 minutes?

Well I just heard whimpering and her sort of running about in a panic downstairs, so I went charging downstairs to get to the door but it was too late :( 

Maybe she's a die hard Brian Johnson fan :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Not that he is forgotten, just that it's not exactly respectful to what the band and singer just did on the stage. 

Who cares? It's an AC/DC show. Fans shout for their singer of 36 years. It's respectful to him. It's not like they were shouting throughout the show disrupting the show.

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Who cares? It's an AC/DC show. Fans shout for their singer of 36 years. It's respectful to him. It's not like they were shouting throughout the show disrupting the show.

Except they did it at least twice. She was complaining about them multiple times. I think it would be cool if Axl said at each show that they're dedicating it to Brian, Malcolm, and Bon. 

Great show. Axl absolutely killed on all the hardest stuff. Hells Bells, Given The Dog a Bone, Thunderstuck were all amazing.

A few of the Bon things were a little lacking, but others were great. Overall an outsanding performance.

Angus is a one-of-a-kind rock god and a treasure. We are lucky to still have him here, and luckier still  that he's as awesome as ever.

49 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Hahaha...I think it's cute that he still throws in his one handed playing tricks in there - the guy looks like and acts like a zombie in real life and turns into some kind of demon on stage  - you got to admit that he really loves this stuff.

Yis.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

I can understand some of the long time Brian era fans being upset at Axl stealing the show. It's not like large sections of the crowd didn't welcome Axl - they were chanting Axl! Axl! in the beginning. If Axl continues to do a good job, there's be more acceptance and fewer frayed tempers for future shows.

• Like 1