05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

8 minutes ago, maxpax said:

as much as i loved riff raff and whole lotta rosie at coachella (i think axl sings it better than bon and brian)...and it seems like axl really gave all he got in lisboa....but his voice is a bit annoying imo. as said above, he screamed more than he sang. i'm disappointed. but i need more proshot material to judge better. 

He screamed more than he sang... 

That was an ACDC show, no?

Performance wise, Axl can never fuckin win...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, maxpax said:

as much as i loved riff raff and whole lotta rosie at coachella (i think axl sings it better than bon and brian)...and it seems like axl really gave all he got in lisboa....but his voice is a bit annoying imo. as said above, he screamed more than he sang. i'm disappointed. but i need more proshot material to judge better. 

Hmm strange, AC/DC songs is alot about screaming, so he could not change that.

Edited by lassie
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Chilliconcarne said:

They thought axl just screamed and also a lot of them walked out before the end :/ 

11 minutes ago, maxpax said:

as said above, he screamed more than he sang. i'm disappointed. but i need more proshot material to judge better. 

What the hell do you think Brian Johnson does? No sane person would consider it singing. It's a raspy scream. Always has been, always will be. Most people can't do it, which is why he had a job for the past 36 years.

There's literally no variation to his voice. It's the same on every song. But it works for AC/DC and sounds great. No complaints from me. And Axl just did the same tonight.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Are these people fucking serious?

Apparently so. Everyone wants to be the Siskel and Ebert of the music industry.

I get that Axl isn't Brian Johnson. But he sounded great on these songs in his own way and did them justice. That was the point all along.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

No mickey :facepalm: axl just screams now. 

but it's true :D he is perfect on riff raff and whole lotta rosie, but i'm not sure about the other stuff yet. once for sure, he gave everything he got at this concert. 

Edited by maxpax

Just now, Fitha_whiskey said:

For fuck sake... If it ain't Mickey, he's screaming too much... Performance wise, I'll not criticize Axl 2016 one fuckin bit...

True, if they can do it better themselfs, let us see ;-)

That asshole! I thought he gave me a great vocal performance only to find out he was using his scream voice which is much easier to control, stay in pitch, and tune... Motherfu*ker!!!! I want my time back, Axl will always be Axl...looking for shortcuts so he doesn't have to work. Well atleast ACDC fans know how hard it is to be a GNR fan...we have the worst singer ever. 

1 minute ago, maxpax said:

but it's true :D he is perfect on riff raff and whole lotta rosie, but i'm not sure about the other stuff yet.

If you're truly "unsure" then you must just not like AC/DC's other songs w/ Brian Johnson to begin with because they are sung/performed in the exact same manner.

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

That asshole! I thought he gave me a great vocal performance only to find out he was using his scream voice which is much easier to control, stay in pitch, and tune... Motherfu*ker!!!! I want my time back, Axl will always be Axl...looking for shortcuts so he doesn't have to work. Well atleast ACDC fans know how hard it is to be a GNR fan...we have the worst singer ever. 

IncitingChaos

Edited by Duwz

To be honest, I was expecting that Axl would use less rasp for Back In Black. He has the range to go for it without so much rasp. Brian, I dont know. I agree all AC/DC songs are about screaming.

I'm worried that will hurt Axl's vocals :/

1 hour ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

I like Axl being Axl not sitting in a chair!!!! The way Axl moves and runs and dances is what made him Axl. If he would have stood in one spot from the beginning he wouldn't have the following he does today. In my opinion any performance where he isn't sitting has been better than any that he is. Not vocally maybe but alltogether.

After Bon died, AC/DC has never been about the singer on stage though. The main guy on stage is Angus, so in that regard, him sitting is fine. If AXl could run around, I can already hear people complaining about him wanting to steal Angus show. It might be a good thing at the moment.

Just now, Slashmatt98 said:

Axl in ACDC is definitely going to cement him as the best rock singer to ever live. He was already in that argument with GNR. But with how amazing he was on the ACDC material.. No doubt that he won't be considered the best EVER now.

This..

Axl and mercury hace been consider  ( for some the redhead, for others the queen leader) the best frontman/rock singer of all time,  after today ( axl performance and leading 2 of the gratest 6 bands in history),  the argue is over. Axl is the greatest, period.

Im still procesing what we've whitnessed today .  thank god for periscope.

Im even reading right now on facebook and youtube some acdc die hard fans changing their opinions about axl.  Incredible

People after a few songs were chanting " axl, axl, axl"  on a ACDC CONCERT.  Just unbelieveble.  Axl even tried go change those t . "Angus angus . But it only worked for a couple of songs.

So yes, after today axl will be consider THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME. ( and we still have a hell of a 2016 and 2017 ahead of us).  Dreamed, utopic times

• Like 2