05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

1 minute ago, marunic said:

axl was pretty good but why doesnt he use this voice with gnr?

gnr concerts feel like im in mickey mouses club house

G N R songs are much harder, they go up and down and alot of changes in a single song. These are more straigt forward

1 minute ago, lassie said:

G N R songs are much harder, they go up and down and alot of changes in a single song. These are more straigt forward

thats true, but looking at shook me all night long it seems he still has that trouble with high notes but hes not mickeying them here more so cutting down on the screams 

Edited by marunic

Just now, marunic said:

thats true, but looking at shook me all night long it seems he still has that trouble with high notes 

Hmm maybe a bit, but all those years of singing and screaming has damage his voice a bit i think.

4 minutes ago, marunic said:

thats true, but looking at shook me all night long it seems he still has that trouble with high notes but hes not mickeying them here more so cutting down on the screams 

when you get into your 40s/50s+, you'll realize that a lot of things are harder to do than when you were in your 20s. It's called aging...IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RJ88 said:

when you get into your 40s/50s+, you'll realize that a lot of things are harder to do than when you were in your 20s. It's called aging...IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE 

Very very true.

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

What's with the critical thinking going on now? Axl just put on a kickass performance...it's a celebration! Back in Black will be the video analyzed by everyone and he was amazing. He passed the test and exceeded expectation. The guy is on fire and we are sitting here talking about what he can't do? I didn't think he could be the lead singer of ACDC, I didn't think he'd reunite with Slash, I didn't think Axl would ever be relevant to anyone but a small cult of fans, but here he is today standing on the top of the mountain of rock and we still are looking for flaws! Rock is an imperfect genre but Axl was damn near perfect today! What a show

I ECHO ALL OF THIS!

Why CAN"T we all just get along and celebrate this, god remember some of the other woeful times and you'll realize what a triumph tonight was! 
Anyone going to London or Manchester??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Apollo said:

1. Who cares what a few random strangers say about a concert. Either YOU personally like it or you didn't. 

2. Let's not extrapolate a few comments into making it seem like millions of people are complaining about Axl's performance. The majority of what I've seen have been extremely positive. 

3. F*ck off with all the voice critiques. This isn't American Idol. It's a rock n roll show. If you go to a rock show or watch YouTube or periscope and then do a minute by minute assessment of vocals then you are a douchebag. How did the singer sound - great, average or like crap. That's it. Stop with the "well for 30 seconds his voice was Mickey and then for 15 seconds it was scratchy in song 7. But in song 12 he was raspy for 37 seconds and Mickey for 12.8 seconds." Smh. A lot of you don't know what rock n roll really means. 

Thank you. I just posted the same thing. 

PREACH THIS!

Some of you don't realize that Axl is not singing in two bands, being one of them a great band and the other one a side project. For now, he's the frontman of TWO OF THE GREATEST MUSICAL ACTS IN HISTORY. 

Not only in rock n' roll. IN HISTORY.

AND HE'S KICKING SOME MAJOR ASS ON BOTH.

Can't we just celebrate this moment?

• Like 2

From all the clips I've heard, he sounds awesome. It's too bad people are still going to shit on him just because. I find it funny how people are looking for refunds. So instead of cancelling the rest of their tour (which would have pissed off the fans), they looked for a replacement. Axl stepped in to help them finish off the tour and people are still pissed. As much as Axl fucks around with his band (going on late, not rehearsing with the band, etc.), he is not going to act like that with ACDC. He's going to do all the gigs and have a great time.

You can't satisfy anyone this days. They always have to bitch and complain about something.

People can't just be happy.

Edited by RJ88
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, marunic said:

axl was pretty good but why doesnt he use this voice with gnr?

gnr concerts feel like im in mickey mouses club house

he is giving all he has for these shows, which means in a couple of months when the Summer tour is started his voice is going to be shot and he is going to have to go through the motions

and I am not thinking AC/DC and Axl are a good fit, they should have had  a AC/DC tribute singer do these shows, I am a fan of AC/DC and I am thinking his voice is not a good fit for that band, and in actuality he is  trying to hard which is making it sound worse, just not a natural flow

Edited by k12

16 minutes ago, Apollo said:

1. Who cares what a few random strangers say about a concert. Either YOU personally like it or you didn't. 

2. Let's not extrapolate a few comments into making it seem like millions of people are complaining about Axl's performance. The majority of what I've seen have been extremely positive. 

3. F*ck off with all the voice critiques. This isn't American Idol. It's a rock n roll show. If you go to a rock show or watch YouTube or periscope and then do a minute by minute assessment of vocals then you are a douchebag. How did the singer sound - great, average or like crap. That's it. Stop with the "well for 30 seconds his voice was Mickey and then for 15 seconds it was scratchy in song 7. But in song 12 he was raspy for 37 seconds and Mickey for 12.8 seconds." Smh. A lot of you don't know what rock n roll really means. 

Thank you. I just posted the same thing. 

Well said Apollo. It's rock and roll. Axl, Angus, Cliff, Stevie, and Chris kicked total butt tonight. :headbang:

• Like 1