05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

He sounded like shit though. Here you had full on vintage rasp.

What?! oh come on now, he did not sound like shit at those shows..no one in vegas left those shows saying "he sounded like shit"..don't tell me you did? everyone left those shows saying "he kicked ass"..its easy to be an armchair critic after the fact, scrutinizing someone's cell phone clips...Yes, he sounds amazing here with all that rasp, but that doesn't take away from how good he's also sounding with guns.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

What?! oh come on now, he did not sound like shit at those shows..no one in vegas left those shows saying "he sounded like shit"..don't tell me you did? everyone left those shows saying "he kicked ass"..its easy to be an armchair critic after the fact, scrutinizing someone's cell phone clips...Yes, he sounds amazing here with all that rasp, but that doesn't take away from how good he's also sounding with guns.

Go watch the videos. Axl didn't sound very good at the show I was at.  He had his moments but he didn't sound nearly as good as this.  I left the Vegas show thinking it was an amazing time seeing Axl/Slash and Duff on stage together again and rocking out for 3 hours to a house packed full of die hards. I also knew Axl didn't sound that great and screwed up a lot of lyrics.  He seemed to get better as the shows went on but still never reached this level. Maybe for some songs but not consistently for a whole show like this. This was exceptional. 

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Go watch the videos. Axl didn't sound very good at the show I was at.  He had his moments but he didn't sound nearly as good as this.  I left the Vegas show thinking it was an amazing time seeing Axl/Slash and Duff on stage together again and rocking out for 3 hours to a house packed full of die hards. I also knew Axl didn't sound that great and screwed up a lot of lyrics.  He seemed to get better as the shows went on but still never reached this level. Maybe for some songs but not consistently for a whole show like this. This was exceptional. 

I don't entirely  agree with you, but I will agree that Axl definitely hit new heights tonight. It was surreal.

I'm not a complete expert but Axl seemed to perform without forgetting a lyric too...Albeit his favourite band but STILL not something he's always managed for his own lyrics! 
Clearly AXL/DC for anyone for some strange season that isn't a fan on this board, at least it shows you what Axl is capable of doing when taking proper part of prep!
Now I think GNR promo will ramp up mid June and I think Facebook promo like AC/DC is likely, interviews down the line, when the price is right...People forget, they're probably waiting 

the highest bidder on the "story" ...:P

1 hour ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Only fucking idiots thought that...It was pretty clear they were trying to fulfill cancelled dates. It would of looked worse to say, cancel everything, the show is over.

we'll agree to disagree on that. demanding someone to give you insight into something they may not be comfortable in doing so is not Good public relations as you say..but I digress. gooday sir

:lol:I'd say the same thing if I felt like arguing for the sake of arguing when I know I had no weight or base for my own argument. No one is demanding anything, never said that. Just saying its respectful to at least talk to your fans whether you reveal anything or not. Kind of a respect thing. Google that sometime kiddo 

impressive how people are never happy about anything... He sounded good, he sounded very very very good, he was screaming his lungs out and it was amazing, you can see he is happy, the band is happy, there is a little harmony between them, its amazing. you just can't stop bitching about it haha, if he is mickeying people bitch about, if he is screaming people bitch about... what do you want? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MB. said:

After Bon died, AC/DC has never been about the singer on stage though. The main guy on stage is Angus, so in that regard, him sitting is fine. If AXl could run around, I can already hear people complaining about him wanting to steal Angus show. It might be a good thing at the moment.

It's not like Brian Johnson really ran around like a maniac himself. I don't know if the best singers really do, other than axl I supposed :P

He sounds great. Let's hope this continues..

5 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

I Don't know if someone already posted it but

Mother of God, I haven't heard a recording of Axl sound this good since the UYI tour. Just surreal.

I'm about 15 minutes into the periscope and this is just unreal. Love being able to watch the whole show so fast!

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I guess I take a slightly different view..i went into the vegas show not being totally certain on if he could pull it off..and then was totally blown away, my expectations were exceeded..I guess you weren't, and that's fair..did you really stand there and notice/care him screwing up lyrics tho? I bet you did not do that if you saw them in 91 or 92! and I think that's the difference with being a fan when we are young, and an older mature one..we are much more accepting of our bands flaws when we are younger don't you think? and being of the ahem,"older" generation, I (too easily) made myself think like a 20yr old again for these shows and I think in general we can't expect anything to be as good as when it was fresh and new..and I almost don't like to watch any of the videos b/c it is very easy to lose sight of how good they were live when you are watching poor quality video..having said that, these clips are fantastic. Which just makes me even more excited for some more great gnr shows.

• Like 1

He definitely nailed it tonight.Very impressive,kudos to him.I don't get he sounded like a shit at Guns shows.I was at Vegas night 2 and came away very impressed .Sure he struggled a bit on ycbm and PC but overall I thought he was sounding good and even great at times 

• Like 4