05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

The reason TNT isn't as appealing is Axl is singing it closer to the album Bon version. It's kinda sung in a cool relaxed way but the instrumentals are more in your face. I think if Axl brought any intensity to the song then you'd all love it but he's trying to stay true to the ACDC album version

He doesn't really have that quiet voice any more, though, it ends up turning into Mickey. I'm still over the moon with how raspy and great he sounds on the rest of the songs, but since 2010 he hasn't really had that mid-range.

Overall, I'm still beyond excited to see Axl/DC in London.

2 minutes ago, Amir said:

He doesn't really have that quiet voice any more, though, it ends up turning into Mickey. I'm still over the moon with how raspy and great he sounds on the rest of the songs, but since 2010 he hasn't really had that mid-range.

Overall, I'm still beyond excited to see Axl/DC in London.

id say this voice worked quite well for him today. It's not as loud as what he used on Back in Black, it's just cool relaxed and carries plenty of rasp. It's something I'd like  to see on the second half of estranged. 

His voice is so good right now I think that London show will be amazing 

Dunno if this is related to Axl/DC or not, but AC/DC removed Touch Too Much from their official Vevo channel on YouTube in the past 24 hours. Bit weird, they haven't removed any of the uploads to other channels and they still have their other songs on that channel as far as I can see.

I wonder how many deep cuts Angus will choose to pull out during the rest of the shows. Listening to "Problem Child" right now. What a great fucking song. It's in Bon's upper register, so it would fit pretty well with Axl's high pitched rasp right now. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

The reason TNT isn't as appealing is Axl is singing it closer to the album Bon version. It's kinda sung in a cool relaxed way but the instrumentals are more in your face. I think if Axl brought any intensity to the song then you'd all love it but he's trying to stay true to the ACDC album version

THIS.

Man, I've shit on Axl a lot in the past few years, but he sounds pretty damn excellent in these videos. He didn't even sound that good at the first few reunion gigs...he definitely needs to rehearse more often if this is what we get when he does.

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

Some people are still in delusion it seems. From Thunderstruck vid on Youtube.

Screenshot_2016-05-08-11-53-45.png

There are always going to be people posting things like that.  Best not to give it attention.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I wonder how many deep cuts Angus will choose to pull out during the rest of the shows. Listening to "Problem Child" right now. What a great fucking song. It's in Bon's upper register, so it would fit pretty well with Axl's high pitched rasp right now. 

He would just be amazing on Problem Child and Kicked in the teeth

Just now, The Archer said:

He would just be amazing on Problem Child and Kicked in the teeth

I'm thinking based on Shoot To Thrill, he would also kick a lot of ass on If You Want Blood (my favorite AC/DC song hands down). I would love if Angus just goes ahead and throws the kitchen sink during the rest of these shows. They have a lot of great deep cuts to choose from. 

11 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I'm thinking based on Shoot To Thrill, he would also kick a lot of ass on If You Want Blood (my favorite AC/DC song hands down). I would love if Angus just goes ahead and throws the kitchen sink during the rest of these shows. They have a lot of great deep cuts to choose from. 

You bet. Most people know about 4 AC/DC songs and think that they don't have a great catalogue. They are ignorant about all the brilliant stuff from a ways back.

Edited by The Archer

Think back to two years ago. 

What would you have said if somebody told you that Slash and Duff would be back in GnR and they would be touring together. And mid tour Axl would go front AC/DC for a month. 

And that Axl would absolutely KILL it. Beast mode. 

I am sooo happy that Axl just destroyed all the "haters." 

Now release CD2, album with the current line up, an AC/DC album with Axl singing and a live CD/DVD from the AC/DC tour and one from the Troubadour/Mexico shows.....by Christmas!!!!!! Best year ever. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Archer said:

You bet. Most people know about 4 AC/DC songs and think that they don't have a great catalogue. They are ignorant about all the brilliant stuff from aways back.

To be a successful band for more 35 years you gotta have a strong catalog. There is a reason they still sell out tours and I think their last album moved like 4 million copies. Some people just don't realize how great AC/DC is. 

6 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Think back to two years ago. 

What would you have said if somebody told you that Slash and Duff would be back in GnR and they would be touring together. And mid tour Axl would go front AC/DC for a month. 

And that Axl would absolutely KILL it. Beast mode. 

I am sooo happy that Axl just destroyed all the "haters." 

Now release CD2, album with the current line up, an AC/DC album with Axl singing and a live CD/DVD from the AC/DC tour and one from the Troubadour/Mexico shows.....by Christmas!!!!!! Best year ever. 

It is amazing that after all these years, Axl could potentially be a bonafide Rock God again with the world at his feet once more. The man's life really deserves a movie.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Archer said:

It is amazing that after all these years, Axl could potentially be a bonafide Rock God again with the world at his feet once more. The man's life really deserves a movie.

It would have to be a bloody trilogy to actually do the story justice. His roots, the early GNR days, UYI era, hiatus and breakup, Axl's mystery years, re-recording Appetite with a new lineup, CD, the fall of that band, 2006 tour, CD release, whatever happened around 2010, the painful years, the reunion, AXL/DC.

• Like 1

I cannot fucking believe how good he sounds!! I don't know what the hell happened that enabled him to get his voice back, but he sounds just as good as ever. Did a year off from touring really impact him that much? Is it possible he truly was just mailing it in and not even trying to sing with any real rasp the last few years GNR was touring, and now that he actually cares, he's trying to sing again? I'm truly amazed, just blown away. It's like he found the fountain of youth or something.