05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

Jesus Christ. People were so worried that we would hear Mickey over AC/DC.

Now Axl brings the full on rasp and he's shouting instead of singing.

Complete bullshit. Axl sounded incredible the entire show. Thunderstruck defies human vocal chords.

Sure, hardcore fans are entitled to miss Brian. That's natural. But there ain't in single singer out there that would bring an A-game like Axl did last night.

As far as favors go, this is up there.

Edited by LA_0013
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cruel Intentions said:

I cannot fucking believe how good he sounds!! I don't know what the hell happened that enabled him to get his voice back, but he sounds just as good as ever. Did a year off from touring really impact him that much? Is it possible he truly was just mailing it in and not even trying to sing with any real rasp the last few years GNR was touring, and now that he actually cares, he's trying to sing again? I'm truly amazed, just blown away. It's like he found the fountain of youth or something. 

Slash happened. And adding to that, his favorite band asking him to lend his voice happened. He's a happy kid right now.

• Like 1

Just listened to for those about to rock and I'm really surprised he had that much rasp left for the end of the show, those wails were terrific. 

I know some people will still bitch that it's not Brian and fair enough but even if you're not a Axl/DC fan you can't deny the the effort he's putting into this, it's insane.

Now he just needs to not destroy his voice and carry on with this enthusiasm for the gnr side of things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Sounds amazing and I HOPE he brings this energy back to GnR. Imagine hearing this quality on Gnr songs, YCBM, NV, Sweet Child (how is possible that he sucks that hard on his own song and nails these?).

Normally I prefer to just enjoy the shows and not get into the debates about Axl's vocals, but it boggles my mind that some people are unable to realize that the GNR songs Axl struggles with (PC, SCOM, YCBM) were originally sung in a mid-range voice and tone that he literally does not have anymore. He uses the falsetto "mickey" voice on those songs because it's the closest he can get to emulating that sound. For the most part he's still awesome on songs like Nightrain that require gravelly high notes throughout and that's why he's able to do such a magnificent job on most of the AC/DC songs; the vocals are of a similar style. The only reason I even bring this up is because I think it's unfair that people are making comments accusing him of phoning it in during the GNR concerts.

To be able to sing the way he does at 54 years of age is simply remarkable. Enjoy it while you can.

I knew the ''shitty web cam excuse'' would resurface to defend the reunion shows. Listen, I watched that AC/DC show on a camera that was beyond awful, yet you cannot hide quality.

If Classic Rock gave Axl their consent that is heavy support indeed as they are AC/DC's biggest advocates and have usually been somewhat lukewarm on the enigma that is W. Axl Rose - they inclined more to the Slash side of things.

Edited by DieselDaisy

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I knew the ''shitty web cam excuse'' would resurface to defend the reunion shows. Listen, I watched that AC/DC show on a camera that was beyond awful, yet you cannot hide quality.

If Classic Rock gave Axl their consent that is heavy support indeed as they are AC/DC's biggest advocates and have usually been somewhat lukewarm on the enigma that is W. Axl Rose - they inclined more to the Slash side of things.

You seem to be a strongly opinionated person so I want to know what your thoughts are on today's show vs. the GNR ones. Do you think Axl's voice was better with AC/DC?

1 minute ago, tajandreas said:

You seem to be a strongly opinionated person so I want to know what your thoughts are on today's show vs. the GNR ones. Do you think Axl's voice was better with AC/DC?

Axl's voice is the best it has been since 2006 - possibly, running the risk of hyperbole, 1993. There is no comparison between the Not In This Lifetime shows and this. And by the way I was a big critic of this before it started so this is heavy praise indeed.

I need an audio of this. Is somebody putting together something with separate audio files?

• Like 1

I thought he displayed some good mid range during the show? Rock & roll thunder was mid range? Same with you shook me verses?

Help I need people who know about this stuff I have no idea and am generally curious lol

Edited by nightrain86

Wow I'm so high over this performance!! This actually get me introduced to some of AC/DC less mainstream songs (always been a "dad-band" for me). Axl really owns this! I got goose bumps! Especially the "Rock or Bust" track had me blazing!!!!

Axl sounded better for this show and that's due to him being excited about doing something different. he did go full Mickey on Dirty Deeds and TNT though, two of my favorites, so that was disappointing.

that said, he sounds awful for Guns and the whole 'reunion' thing is such a joke with a fake forced vibe, so compared to that, these AC/DC shows are definitely the more 'fun' experience. however, lots of hardcore AC/DC fans are very angry he's filling, so that's also understandable too.

The major AC/DC fans claiming that axl is just "Screaming" is ridiculous. I remember seeing a clip of Brian and Angus talking about Brian's voice. I cant recall where I saw it. VH1 Classic maybe? anyways, they joked that He smoked a pack a day and Whisky and that he belts out the words as hard as he could cuz it aint Opera. Or something similar. So, Dudes really not doing anything different than what they claim axl is doing. Nothing against Brian. Dude always awesome. but axl trained hard to be able to do this. The fact is, He's a fan doing it FOR the fans. It shouldn't draw such retarded ire for no reason. People just like to bitch, as if it'll somehow make a difference. Axl is doing well. n' no doubt he will continue to do it for Angus, Cliff and everybody involved. but especially for the fans.

• Like 1