05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

10 hours ago, nightrain86 said:

God I hope he leaves these shows with that voice intact, that was fantastic. 

He was paid to kill and he did his job. Not many know this, but there is an industry secret which is basically a hybrid of 2 relatively new concepts: rehearsals, and being into it. It seems to work for more and more gingers.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 4

Axl has been trolling us for years. Where the hell has this demon been. Exciting times indeed. As a casual acdc fan.  This shit is electric. I guess because it's a different take  hy having someone new and Axl is giving it everything. I'm glad he's getting some positive feedbback  from the press.

• Like 1

On 8.5.2016 at 5:43 AM, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Not the biggest acdc fan, but their live sound is monstrous and angus shits all over slash tbh

That last part is just not true. Slash has a huge sound as well. Slash has his own style, but you can safely bet your ass he is also a rare talent as well there's no question about that. Go watch old Guns shows and be reminded of his huge sound. Slash's guitar sound to Guns is what Angus's sound is to AC/DC. You underestimate Slash and that's fucked. iiii]; )'

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Just finished watching the recorded periscope streaming.  Yes, Axl murdered that shit like there was no tomorrow.  Can't believe he had that voice inside of him all this time.  I haven't seen and heard that Axl Rose since the last performance of REAL Guns N' Roses back in Argentina, 1993.  He was like a chained dog trying to free himself through his raw vocals.

The show lasted two hours and he delivered those screaming bloody murder vocals almost the entire time.  What a frontman!  I'm personally surprised, and I thought the reunion shows were fantastic - vocally-wise (with a few flaws, of course) - but this, however, is pretty much flawless.  I never expected to be this excited about a band I don't know much about.  Never been an AC/DC fan.

I get why some AC/DC fans are still shitting on him, though.  They just don't know what we - Gn'R fans - went through all these years with Axl sounding like utter shit.  So when we see and witness one of his greatest performance since the early 90s, they don't feel the same or as passionate because the man who is singing those songs isn't Brian Johnson. Simple as that.  I mean, the unique 1993 version of Axl Rose could have been brought from the past to sing those songs, and they would still be shitting on him.  It's just a fanatic-thing to do.  They're AC/DC fans and Axl is not the frontman of AC/DC.  What are you expecting?  They can't and won't value this performance as high as we do.  Not sure why people are fixating on those 'fans', their opinion don't mean shit to me, I have enjoyed Axl's performance and that's all I really care about.

Now, I would like to take a little, brief moment to praise Angus Young.  Incredible, incredible guitarist.  He's just a legend.  All my respect to this 60-year-old man who was rocking the shit out of those songs like a 20 year old.

Hats off to Axl for his greatest performance in a long, long time.  I hope he takes care of his voice so he can deliver the same vocals through all the remaining AC/DC dates, but most importantly, I want to see and hear the same Axl for the Guns N' Roses shows, goddamn it!  Now I know you can kill You Could Be Mine like you used to, so you better deliver my man, or I will shit on you - AC/DC fan style! :lol:

It's an awesome year for Axl Rose and he deserves all the praise he's getting- from fans, casual fans, non-fans, or media.  I hope we get an interview soon.  I don't want to think about the wasted years, I would rather focus on the present.  This is something I never expected.  I thought Axl was done, it is pretty clear that he isn't!

Axl, now that you are back... please stay, motherfucker!

Out of likes but +1000 to you, man. That last line almost made me tear up a bit, it just reminded me that all the complaints and criticism and negativity and all that shit towards Axl are there simply because deep down we all (well, mostly) love the guy and know he can be a monster with the biggest band in the world by his side. But he insists on making us suffer with his short bursts of greatness and then years of obscurity and painful performances, sort of like some delayed gratification/endless foreplay thing. Fuck this band! :P

18 minutes ago, Freaka said:

Yeah, I'm pretty much alive for the most part, you know standing in the rain for 12 hours takes its toll.

And they didn't say anything, most of the people that were ruining the show were 18 year olds that were calling Axl fat and shit and I almost kicked their asses. That's why I was being so rude.

I love you ^_^

Obviously much of the attention is on Axl and Angus for good reason, but something I mentioned in another thread needs to be mentioned again.

Chris Slade is 70.

Seventy!

His drumming hasn't changed at all since 1991. I hope I have half of his energy when I'm 40 let alone 70. The guy deserves some credit too! Stevie and Cliff as well. They all seem to defy age when they hit that stage. It's amazing how much Angus still perks up on that stage. These guys are still one of the greatest live bands of all time.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Freaka said:

Anyway, thank you everyone for watching and making our Periscope streaming so successful.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! What would we have done without you??? Thanks for giving us the opportunity to witness magic! ???

1 hour ago, Freaka said:

Yes, that was me. And I don't give a shit about the AC/DC fans, actually I hate AC/DC, I just went to see Axl.

Anyway, thank you everyone for watching and making our Periscope streaming so successful.

It's nice to know who our heroes are. Big thanks to you for streaming! You (and, of course, Axl) made my night!