05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

1 hour ago, Young_Gun said:

This is insane.

not trying to be mean or rude here, but Axl was incredible. Especially when you compare it to ACDC's most recent performances...I get it though Brian Johnson is the man, it's his thing, he's also much older than Axl, but from the perspective of the music Axl completely blew away any recent incarnation of ACDC. The sound was better, and the vocals had energy again! That energy Axl has brought should pump any ACDC fan up. Just compare these performances, it's insane what Axl did yesterday...absolutely insane! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

Only means your deduction skills are lacking. If you can't see that Slash and Duff really want to be there, Axl is excited and still has band members he chose in Guns and it is a compromise that works, so far in a live setting than that's your problem.

Keeping us in the dark not sharing anything is not ideal, but perhaps they didn't want to fuck it up and just went for it. It will become clear with time anyway. But it doesn't seem to be just about the money to me. This AC/DC thing is spectacular, I love it, but it doesn't take away anything personally for me as a Guns fan or actually has anything to do with the hybrid reunion which is still a dream come true as a fan.

It's got nothing to do with deduction skills. We could do deduction with acdc and axl being involved. It's completely different when the band says something over a fan claiming to be an insider, or just someone on a forum making shit up for kicks. It's just about comfort

1 hour ago, RJ88 said:

He isn't taking over. He's stepping in so they can finish this leg of their tour

I think that key have been the original plan... But based off of some of the remarks and the way Axl sounds, I have a feeling he may stick around. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Billsfan said:

It's got nothing to do with deduction skills. We could do deduction with acdc and axl being involved. It's completely different when the band says something over a fan claiming to be an insider, or just someone on a forum making shit up for kicks. It's just about comfort

Maybe when they'll have a chance to first get this thing going and gain momentum Axl will feel more confident to give us what we need most. In the mean time feel free to enjoy the shit I make up just for kicks.

Edited by Rovim

21 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

I think that key have been the original plan... But based off of some of the remarks and the way Axl sounds, I have a feeling he may stick around. 

Yeah, Axl told the BBC he is willing to do it long term if the band asks him to. If Angus intends to keep going another 10 years, then it's up to him. Just have to see how the rest of this tour goes. 

Quote from above article:

"It might make more recent claims easier to digest anyway, as Axl Rose also mentioned about how he’d quite like to become a permanent member of the band.

Speaking to BBC 6 Music, Axl said: ‘I think after that, it’s about what [AC/DC] wanna do. I’m in if they want me in, and we’ll sort it out. But right now that’s getting ahead of ourselves with everything else that’s on the table,’ he added."

I listened to four or five songs thus far and he was great. What a tremendous year this has been for Axl Rose. I am happy for the guy. As a fan, I'm thrilled to be hearing/seeing so many great performances again. As much as I look forward to him running around and doing his thing again, I will look back fondly on the throne era. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I knew the ''shitty web cam excuse'' would resurface to defend the reunion shows. Listen, I watched that AC/DC show on a camera that was beyond awful, yet you cannot hide quality.

If Classic Rock gave Axl their consent that is heavy support indeed as they are AC/DC's biggest advocates and have usually been somewhat lukewarm on the enigma that is W. Axl Rose - they inclined more to the Slash side of things.

Really? I've always perceived them as being more on the Axl side of things and they were pretty complimentary about CD. Overall, I've thought that they were strong supporters of both AC/DC and GN'R (like most 'classic' rock fans).

Just now, The Archer said:

Really? I've always perceived them as being more on the Axl side of things and they were pretty complimentary about CD. Overall, I've thought that they were strong supporters of both AC/DC and GN'R (like most 'classic' rock fans).

They do the Slash fanpacks, and Mick Wall works there.

1 hour ago, ohmygod said:

based on the thousand smiles Axl laughed when Slash played another solo, i think he might like GNR even better.

It will all depend on the chemistry the original gunners can generate. that will be plan A. if that doesnt work for whatever reason, Axl will not seek new GNR members but will try to do more things with AC/DC. and if THAT doesnt work either, i think he'll retire.

after this crazy reunion and triumphant AC/DC stint, the last thing i can envision him to do is continue GNR with new hacks

Every time Classic Rock posts a GN'R story, there are complaints in the comment section about how the coverage is all about the same bands (Zeppelin, Guns, AC/DC, etc) and not enough coverage for Deep Purple, etc. 

I think their GN'R coverage seems pretty positive in general. 

• Like 1

i always said the AXl/DC concerts would be legendary and history in the making.

I half expected Axl to sound killer, and he did. 

I'm going to tape the belgian concert with my HD mini cam and cherish the moment ever after

8 hours ago, action said:

with live aid, freddie proved he could win unfamiliar audiences in an instant, clapping in unison. thats something axl isnt quite capable of.

Ironically, I think Axl managed to do exactly that, at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert.

He had every single member of the audience in the palm of his hands when he spun out for Bohemian Rhapsody. Likewise with We Will Rock You

I was indisposed pretty much all day yesterday but when I got home I listened to pretty much everything. Honestly, even with my massive expectations, they somehow exceeded them. Axl was absolutely on point, some of the finest vocals I've ever heard from him. Amazing how effortless it seemed on some of the more difficult songs, namely Thunderstruck, Shoot To Thrill, Hells Bells, and Given The Dog A Bone. I'd probably agree with most that TNT was the weakest of the night, but I thought Dirty Deeds was excellent. Then there was the stuff that I wasn't worried about how well Axl could do it, but just how natural it would sound - particularly RNR Train, Rock Or Bust, and RNR Thunder. I didn't think Axl would sound quite right on the newer material but he really did. RNR Train was better than any live performance Brian has ever given of it, and RNR Thunder had an awesome, laid-back vibe with Axl. It was cool to hear Axl talking a bit between songs since that's essentially unheard of in AC/DC. His crowd interaction in the call and response bit of High Voltage was great. I love that he kept Brian's "Knockin' me out with those [insert country here] thighs" ad-lib on YSMANL. They fucking played Riff Raff, my all time favorite AC/DC song! I could rave on and on about how amazing it all was, but there's probably little to be said that hasn't been already.

My favorite songs so far are probably Shoot To Thrill, Rock N' Roll Damnation, Rock N' Roll Train, Given The Dog A Bone, Shot Down In Flames, and Riff Raff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Freaka said:

Yeah, I'm pretty much alive for the most part, you know standing in the rain for 12 hours takes its toll.

And they didn't say anything, most of the people that were ruining the show were 18 year olds that were calling Axl fat and shit and I almost kicked their asses. That's why I was being so rude.

Yikes, 12 hours would have done me in too! But thank-you soooooo much for streaming the concert and standing up for our Axl!! :D