05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

On 10.5.2016 at 8:34 PM, youngswedishvinyl said:

I'm not really a AC/DC fan, I've heard the hits and that's about it, but I just listened to a bootleg from the show and I'm blown away by Axl's performance! It's like I'm hearing the Axl of '91 some times! 
Just amazing!

No. It sounds like Axl 1986.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I downloaded that one and is really bad. It's just a cellphone in the middle of a crowd, more specifically, female crowd going crazy about Axl with every song.

So get warned :lol:

I think it's from @Freaka's periscope. She was going pretty nuts :lol:

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 10:58 AM, RJ88 said:

Yeah, I saw some recent performances of Brian and he sounded pretty bad. He had no lungs and couldn't do much.

Brian is 68 & Axl is like 14 years younger of course there singing abilities are a tad different mate

4 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Brian is 68 & Axl is like 14 years younger of course there singing abilities are a tad different mate

Also, years and years of chain smoking have destroyed Brian's abilities. The only reasonable comparison is gauging how they were doing when they were the same age. IMO, Brian during the BIB and FTATR years when he was 33-34, was way superior to UYI Axl (29-31) or maybe even any other human singing Rock, but if you compare Brian during his Razor's edge years (43) to Axl during the CD years (44 in 2006), I think that Axl has the clear edge there. Axl, now at 54, just blows away an SUL era Brian (53).

Edited by The Archer

4 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

regardless, he still sounded bad. There's a reason why professional athletes retire when they get older...they just can't do it anymore. Brian sounded like he just couldn't sing anymore 

2 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Thanks for in the intel.

I'm just trying to preempt where they all might be staying in London as this seems like the greatest chance yet to actually meet Axl!

if you get this info, can you share it with me, please?

:) 

3 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Thanks for in the intel.

I'm just trying to preempt where they all might be staying in London as this seems like the greatest chance yet to actually meet Axl!

Good call! The only hint I can give you is that for the 2010 GN'R show they stayed at the Metropolitan. That's when he met Duff. But as I said it was a GN'R show. AC/DC might stay elsewhere

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2016 at 7:51 PM, highvoltage said:

They never did it as a "respect for bon" thing. And they still shouldn't!

yes this should never be sung by anyone else...it belongs eternally to Bon. he even plays bagpipes in it :P this is my favorite live version of it:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

• 5 years later...