05/10/16 - Seville, Spain - Estadio De La Cartuja

downzy

1 hour ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

With all due respect, ACDC would be a joke for Axl in terms of recording an album.

GNR is WAAYY MORE  better, deeper, more dimensional and artistic and everything more than ACDC. He should do a GNR album first, then he can do whatever he wants. acca dacca or kylie minogue I'll support whatever.

But that's really just your own opinion. There are a lot of die hard GnR fans that enjoy the more straight forward rock songs over Axl's "epic" type ballad songs. 

Paradise City and welcome to the jungle are GnR classics. Neither song is very "deep" lyrically. And both songs, especially PC, are very similar to AC/DC type songs.

Lots of fans would love an aggressive hard rock GnR album with no ballads. You Could Be Mine. Nightrain. Mr Brownstone. Perfect Crime. Right Next Door to Hell. PC. Jungle. 

Back n Back. Thunderstruck. Hells Bells. For Those About to Rock. Highway to Hell. You Could Be Mine. Paradise City. Riff Raff. Whole Lot of Rosie. 

Agree he should release a GnR album first. Especially since Axl said he had two finished albums in the can. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Padme said:

The GN'R reunion and AXL/DC is the best thing that happen to rock music in ages :headbang:

Axl and Angus together are really mind blowing rock3

2016 is certainly the year of Axl Rose. Now he just needs to release a new album and it would be one of the best years ever for GnR fans. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pablo mercuryrose said:

SEV54.jpg

Wow, imagine our boy Axl, at the age of 54, in the year 2016, singing to a sold out stadium packed to the gills right after a thunderstorm, and it isn't even with Guns N' Roses.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 2

So, general consensus is that he sounded as good if not better than Portugal and improved on DDDC and TNT? Great. He always gets better as he sings. These are still songs that he hasn't sung too often. By the time this tour winds up, he'll sound amazing.

Edited by The Archer

9 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Wow, imagine our boy Axl, at the age of 54, in the year 2016, singing to a sold out stadium packed to the gills, even right after a thunderstorm, and it isn't even with Guns N' Roses.

Never mind 54, S-Tyler is still screaming his balls off at 68, Axl if he puts the work in has at least another good decade! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

With all due respect, ACDC would be a joke for Axl in terms of recording an album.

GNR is WAAYY MORE  better, deeper, more dimensional and artistic and everything more than ACDC. He should do a GNR album first, then he can do whatever he wants. acca dacca or kylie minogue I'll support whatever.

Not really on the AC/DC front; AC/DC have a great formula and they are the standard bearers of the classic hard rock sound. They never deviate from what their music sounds like. So, with a new, improved singer, they might just sound amazing to their large fan-base (I know that I would certainly love it).

As for GNR, I do agree with you and that evolution in the GN'R sound that Axl has constantly striven for is something I've always appreciated. I would just love to hear what CD 2 has in store for us, whatever lineup records it. If Slash and Duff are going to be recording new music, my first preference is that they be working on the CD2 music, or contribute to it. At the very least, I would expect any new album to have a good amount of 'evolved' GN'R in it. Some street metal/ hard rock/blues inspired classic rock would be great too. It would be really disappointing however, if these guys tried to do an AC/DC and make an Appetite 2 and that just sounded lame and artificial. I for one am highly skeptical about GN'R, and even the classic era 5, who are all millionaires in their 50s, attempting the gritty, street feel of the first album. Instead of trying to recreate lightning in a bottle, I think it would be better for them to express their artistic instincts as they've evolved over the last 30 years, while incorporating newer influences and contributions. That's what I am looking forward to. Not everyone can do the AC/DC thing and pull it off. So, GN'R should just leave that to AC/DC.

I really don't care what comes first, an AXL/DC album or a GN'R hybrid line-up album. I just want to hear it all.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

But that's really just your own opinion. There are a lot of die hard GnR fans that enjoy the more straight forward rock songs over Axl's "epic" type ballad songs. 

Paradise City and welcome to the jungle are GnR classics. Neither song is very "deep" lyrically. And both songs, especially PC, are very similar to AC/DC type songs.

Lots of fans would love an aggressive hard rock GnR album with no ballads. You Could Be Mine. Nightrain. Mr Brownstone. Perfect Crime. Right Next Door to Hell. PC. Jungle. 

Back n Back. Thunderstruck. Hells Bells. For Those About to Rock. Highway to Hell. You Could Be Mine. Paradise City. Riff Raff. Whole Lot of Rosie. 

I certainly understand that sentiment (Appetite is my favorite album ever), but it's not just about GN'R challenging themselves with ballads. GN'R pushed their sound even in the hard edged side of their music. Coma and Locomotive aren't ballads, but they are brilliant epic hard rock songs with far more interesting lyrics and musical sound than the typical hard rock. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Archer said:

So, general consensus is that he sounded as good if not better than Portugal and improved on DDDC and TNT? Great. He always gets better as he sings. These are still songs that he hasn't sung too often. By the time this tour winds up, hell sound amazing.

Hope so, I'm at the Olympic stadium show in London ! Would of hone to Manchester but no friends in that area able to go!

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

Five years between Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip… Eight years between Stiff Upper Lip and Black Ice… Six Years between Black Ice and Rock Or Bust... long waiting times are not unusual in AC/DC universe too.

Fair point however that is still four albums to Axl's one.

15 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

We salute YOU

This was almost perfect. I wish he could stretch out the final FAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYERRRRRRR a bit longer. But that is nitpicking. For most of this song, I thought he sounded as good as Brian sounded on the album, or at least as good as he did live back in the early 80's. That is no mean feat at all.

Edited by The Archer