05/13/16 - Marseille, France - Stade Velodrome

downzy

26 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

more thunderstruck! God this is amazing, Axl doesn't even seem to be stressing his voice for these vocals...so much power in it though

Omg that voice!! I'm blown away...omggggg... I feel all the hairs on neck raising.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nightrain50 said:

I can't wait for Axl to take over the reigns of Metallica next...

I mean, to be fair, Axl still has his rasp long after James lost his...

I want videos of Axl going "YEAH YEAH YEEAAHHHH!!!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Fair to say this forum has gone from a year ago, HIS VOICE IS TOTAL SHIT to OMG THE REBIRTH OF AXL ROSE - BEST SINCE 93! 
Quite the turn around...let's hope we don't jump back on the roundabout any time soon (ever)

No we were very positive a year ago! It would go something like this...id post a video and say "ok now if you fast forward to 4:12 and stop at 4:15 you can hear Classic Axl's rasp there! So it's very clear he has it but isn't comfortable using it yet...probably saving it for the recording sessions for CD2"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Fair to say this forum has gone from a year ago, HIS VOICE IS TOTAL SHIT to OMG THE REBIRTH OF AXL ROSE - BEST SINCE 93! 
Quite the turn around...let's hope we don't jump back on the roundabout any time soon (ever)

Nothing lasts forever, even cold November RASP.

3 minutes ago, nightrain50 said:

Axl keeps looking and sounding better, the girls look great too, is that a nipple ;)

I think it's a portion of an areola, so not bad ;)

Axl/DC T shirts haha - maybe he's just bemused. Those have got to be GN'R/Axl fans.

6 hours ago, The Archer said:

I know that Bon used to play the bagpipes when he was in school, either in Scotland or as part of his upbringing as an emigre' in Oz. But I think that Axl has enough musical ability to learn the bagpipes to play just one song - if they get a crew of bagpipers in to accompany them it would just be a great visual spectacle (unlikely, but we can always hope).

But, they havent sung it live since 1979, and if the real reason that Angus doesn't do this song is out of respect for Bon then Axl will have to really try hard to convince him. Bring out the Scottish kilt and do a dedication to Bon.

I thought it was Brian who wouldn't sing it out of respect for Bon. I could be wrong. Either way it would be cool to see it dusted off, but I'd bet on it still not happening. 

Still waiting for Touch Too Much.Surely that's gotta be coming sooner or later. 

54 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Don't worry summer GNR tour is very close, when it comes to challenging GNR songs we will get Mickey back.

Gnr songs are really difficult vocally as a whole. There are so many voices, tones, and changes that take place through the gnr catalog it makes it hard to replicate. When people do covers of gnr songs like SCOM it's almost always a girl bc of the vocals, but you really don't see many covers of their music. 

Axl will be fine when he returns to gnr though, I think he will incorporate some of the vocals he's been practicing with ACDC and lend some gnr songs new life with a change of pace. 

7 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Gnr songs are really difficult vocally as a whole. There are so many voices, tones, and changes that take place through the gnr catalog it makes it hard to replicate. When people do covers of gnr songs like SCOM it's almost always a girl bc of the vocals, but you really don't see many covers of their music. 

Axl will be fine when he returns to gnr though, I think he will incorporate some of the vocals he's been practicing with ACDC and lend some gnr songs new life with a change of pace. 

Or better yet, give us some new songs on which he sounds as awesome as he has been recently.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1