05/13/16 - Marseille, France - Stade Velodrome

downzy

Just made the mistake of looking at some YouTube comments for a Hells Bells video from the Lisbon show. The amount of anti-Axl delusion is unbelievable. :lol:

The man is certainly polarizing. He has the delusional sycophants who refused to acknowledge when he screwed up in the past and now he has the delusional haters who refuse to acknowledge when his vocals are pretty solid. It's like his mere existence creates the Twilight Zone effect or something. 

Edited by GNRfan2008
  • Like 2

It is great to see that AC/DC fans are now giving likes to Axl after the first backlash. I wonder if we need to fight for GN'R tickets in Europe with AC/DC fans. :P

Edited by Hellow

5 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Just made the mistake of looking at some YouTube comments for a Hells Bells video from the Lisbon show. The amount of anti-Axl delusion is unbelievable. :lol:

Yeah, couple of days ago I left a comment on Slash's pic of Angus on IG, something like ''Go Axl'', and got replies like ''Get off'', ''Brian is better'' and something like that.

WTF?! I showed my support on his bandmates IG account, and got antagonized. Serriously, some people need to chill....

Actually, I too want Brian to get back soon, so that we can have THIS Axl just for ourselves.... :headbang:

48 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

The man is certainly polarizing. He has the delusional sycophants who refused to acknowledge when he screwed up in the past and now he has the delusional haters who refuse to acknowledge when his vocals are pretty solid. It's like his mere existence creates the Twilight Zone effect or something. 

Generally speaking the comments on youtube are retarded. It seems like everyone there is 10 years old.

2 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Just once I would like to hear this kind of rasp on YCBM again after he has gone 1,000% rasp on all the difficult AC/DC stuff. 

And yet, they don't appreciate it. 

I undrestand the situation; if for some reason Axl couldn't finish the tour and Slash and Duff decided to find a new singer, someone like Myles or Baz to end the tour, I would be beyond pissed. I would probably demand ticket refunds and would not be satisfied with how the situation is handled, even if those singers sound 300 times better than Axl. But all those Axl bashings are just ridiculous. If you want someone to bash, bash Angus! Not someone who's just there to help the band out, and BTW is doing an AMAzING job. 

16 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'm more surprised ACDC isn't a part of it than I am gnr for the reason that gnr came out late 80's versus 70's Rock. Maybe they are trying to not be too metal. 

The shows are going to be huge, but imagine if you have a Guns N Roses in your undercard? That could make for something special. However I see the marketing on these shows being about having current popular artist play before the old guys to attract from two different crowds...so expect a Kanye, Taylor Swift, and stuff like that to play undercard here. 

It would be cool to see a two day weekend festival with GNR headlining the first night and ACDC headlining the second with two or three well known bands opening each night.  

6 minutes ago, nn18 said:

And yet, they don't appreciate it. 

I undrestand the situation; if for some reason Axl couldn't finish the tour and Slash and Duff decided to find a new singer, someone like Myles or Baz to end the tour, I would be beyond pissed. I would probably demand ticket refunds and would not be satisfied with how the situation is handled, even if those singers sound 300 times better than Axl. But all those Axl bashings are just ridiculous. If you want someone to bash, bash Angus! Not someone who's just there to help the band out, and BTW is doing an AMAzING job. 

I saw someone accuse Angus of ripping off people. Angus offered 100% refunds to anyone who wanted it. If a person chose to ignore the refund offer and still go to the show, they have no one to blame but themselves if they end up disappointed (especially after the whole band put on that kind of very solid show). Of course the wanker who posted this complaint likely didn't pay to see the show and probably shouldn't attempt to speak for others who did pay to see it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I went and checked a few of the comments after reading your post - just reading some of those comments, it seems very obvious that many of those anti-Axl delusional haters are Nirvana/Grunge loving anti-Axl delusional haters who have been hating him for way over 20 years now :lol:.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1