05/16/16 - Werchter, Belgium - Werchter Site

downzy

Funny to hear so many were in the pit. I was as well and with Lio! I had so much fun. It was a great show. The crowd was a bit mellow, but that's how Belgians are basicly. Besides, this crowd was certainly older, lots of people above 50 and I also saw lots of kids. But they were certainly into it. Didn't hear any negative stuff about his singing or performance. He could have done without the changing outfits though, AC/DC fans said it was gay:P

I danced, screamed and was singing along and so were a bunch of others were I was standing. 

I totally lost it on 'you shook me', it fits perfect with his voice. 'For those about to rock' was great as well, he nailed it so good.

There was a fight in the front at one point for a short while. There were some middle aged drunks trying to get infront, pushing everybody and they got punched.:lol:

All and all had a great time, it was awesome to have been there and enjoy it with Lio.  <3

Edited by MB.
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, MB. said:

Funny to hear so many were in the pit. I was as well and with Lio! I had so much. It was a great show. The crowd was a bit mellow, but that's how Belgians are basicly. Besides, this crowd was certainly older, lots of people above 50 and I also saw lots of kids. But they were certainly into it. Didn't hear any negative stuff about his singing or performance. He could have done without the changing outfits though, AC/DC fans said it was gay:P

I danced, screamed and was singing along and so were a bunch others were I was standing. 

I totally lost it on 'you shook me', it fits perfect with his voice. 'For those about to rock' was great as well, he nailed it so good.

There was a fight in the front at one point for a short while. There were some middle aged drunks trying to get infront, pushing everybody and they got punched.:lol:

All and all had a great time, it was awesome to have been there and enjoy it with Lio.  <3

Loved it too. I hope it's the first of many shows we'll go to together :heart:

Attended last nights show and my own short review.

1st time seeing ACDC and I was completely blown away. I have no idea how a man in his 60's has so much energy. Angus literally doesn't stop running/bouncing/rolling around for the full 2 hours. 
Also whats impressive is the strength of the ACDC back catalogue. There is zero filler in their set. 
As for Axl i can't really say much more than what has already been said since Lisbon. His voice is in great shape. He particularly blew me away with his rendition of Thunderstruck and Highway to Hell. There definitely was a hint of Mickey in one or two songs. Can't remember which exactly.

He was also in great form. Talked a lot and cracked jokes between most songs. Was great to see him on his feet during the encore. It really adds to the show as  we all know he has massive stage presence.

As others have said it seemed to me there was trouble with people fighting up towards the front and Axl made the remark to stop and that "we are here to have a good time" (or soemthing to that effect).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

Can't wait for Axl to be on his feet full time.

Did you film this? Cause must have been filmed really close from were I was standing. We might have been a bit closer to the stage, but not much.

Edited by MB.

Also listened to Studio Brussel (radio station) on the way back. Everybody I heard (people called in as they went home) were positive, and on Twitter a lot of jokes were made about how stupid the 7.000 people were who got a refund and thus missed the show

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, MB. said:

Did you film this? Cause must have been filmed really close from were I was standing. We might have been a bit closer to the stage, but not much.

Nah man just found it on Youtube :)

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I've really not liked how Axl has been singing Thunderstruck, but this is so much more improved from the other three. It's like he's starting to make these songs his own now. 

It's very similar to the other times he sang it. What's the big difference?

• Like 1

Great to read all the reviews - fantastic job guys. The best part is seeing how he's won over detractors. It's also nice to people who've never really appreciated AC/DC, look at them with fresh eyes and see how great a band they are.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm actually glad that there are bits of Mickey creeping in - it shows that these performances are just not effortless for him and that he must have put in some real work into killing Mickey. That should kill the speculation that he can get rid of Mickey when he wants to. Whatever he's doing - rehearsals, vocal exercises, no smoking, concentrating, new techniques - is working and I hope it keeps working. Good signs for the future though.

Edited by The Archer
Edited for grammar
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Great to read all the reviews - fantastic job guys. The best part is seeing how he's won over detractors. It's also nice to people who've never really appreciated AC/DC look at them at fresh eyes and see how great a band they are.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm actually glad that there are bits of Mickey creeping in - it shows that these performances are just not effortless for him and that he must have put in some real work into killing Mickey. That should kill the speculation that he can get rid of Mickey when he wants to. Whatever he's doing - rehearsals, vocal exercises, no smoking, concentrating, new techniques - is working and I hope it keeps working. Good signs for the future though.

Actually, I think "no smoking" is a big reason for the existence of Mickey voice in the first place. Back when he was smoking in the early 90's, his voice was raspy as hell. He quit smoking in the mid-90's, then showed up with full Mickey voice in 2002. Part of it was due to not singing at all for a long time and part of it due to the fact he quit smoking.

9 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Actually, I think "no smoking" is a big reason for the existence of Mickey voice in the first place. Back when he was smoking in the early 90's, his voice was raspy as hell. He quit smoking in the mid-90's, then showed up with full Mickey voice in 2002. Part of it was due to not singing at all for a long time and part of it due to the fact he quit smoking.

Yeah, I get that some smoking can help with rasp but this is a guy who's been experimenting with voices since he was playing the fool in a choir. I would have thought that overdoing the smoking leads him to become out of breath or struggle with hitting the high notes, and in some way contributes to Mickey.

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I guess Belgium must be the only place where Axl could go into a gas station alone... (was he alone for real?)

Likely not, he still has his glove on from the show, so I bet this was within an hour after the show ended...probably headed back to his room and didn't want to pay hotel prices for cokes haha 

if he was smart he would have been out trying to find some waffles 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nn18 said:

What's up with a scarf? We said less clothes, not more! :P

Dunno, he must be trolling us :shock:. Next time he'll add a hoodie and a tie :blink:

(He looks great in the picture though.)

23 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Dunno, he must be trolling us :shock:. Next time he'll add a hoodie and a tie :blink:

(He looks great in the picture though.)

Axl looks like a rock god.

I saw him walking on stage at the end of the show. haven't seen him walk like that in years. it was the "I rule this fucking place" walk. Old Axl is back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Ugh....this is so wrong.

• Like 1