05/16/16 - Werchter, Belgium - Werchter Site

downzy

18 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

How so? Brian Johnson joked that he still chain smoked all the way until the end of his career. Never heard him going Mickey Mouse vocals.

well idk if it made him go Mickey but it shortened his breathing and made him sound wheezy. Maybe just being old too but I imagine smoking took its toll

30 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

well idk if it made him go Mickey but it shortened his breathing and made him sound wheezy. Maybe just being old too but I imagine smoking took its toll

Jesus that's terrible. He really was in a bad way just before he finished up. Poor guy. Wonder if there is was much complaining about Brians voice on the ACDC forums. I mean those clips are rio 2011 bad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blackrose87 said:

Jesus that's terrible. He really was in a bad way just before he finished up. Poor guy. Wonder if there is was much complaining about Brians voice on the ACDC forums. I mean those clips are rio 2011 bad.

I wasn't reading AC/DC Fans during the Brian gigs this year as I was trying to keep the setlist a surprise, but gave up after the tour cancellation. However I suspect they were hard on him for his vocals this year, since they seem to bitch about everything under the sun. 

8 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I wasn't reading AC/DC Fans during the Brian gigs this year as I was trying to keep the setlist a surprise, but gave up after the tour cancellation. However I suspect they were hard on him for his vocals this year, since they seem to bitch about everything under the sun. 

Yay! Everyone is like us!

33 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

So they're similar to GN'R fans, lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blackrose87 said:

They weren't tearing him apart or anything but there was a clear quality decline between the 2015 shows and the 2016 shows and they acknowledged it. Kind of like an unspoken agreement if you will. Most people were more surprised than anything at how off key he was and how inconsistent his voice had become. Of course, now we know his hearing (or lack thereof) was a big part because he couldn't hear the guitars. Sad way to go indeed becaus he always wanted to end on top.

i know people don't like Axl's vocals on TNT but I think the vocals are really good, he sounds close to the album version but it's done too soft. If he raised his vocals a bit I think it would add some energy to this song. Either that or his voice is being lost in the mix, but maybe it's a good relaxing song for Axl to rest the vocals. 

9 hours ago, Andy14 said:

It's great to see that he has legs :headbang:

acdc_18.jpg

Did he actually perform any songs standing up? Would like to see that.. He seems to be walking around outside of the shows, not sure why he can't start standing for a couple songs now.  Can't get enough of him doing Thunderstruck by the way. 

Axl/DC > NuGnR2016

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Did he actually perform any songs standing up? Would like to see that.. He seems to be walking around outside of the shows, not sure why he can't start standing for a couple songs now.  Can't get enough of him doing Thunderstruck by the way. 

Axl/DC > NuGnR2016

yea he did one song for the encore

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Axl rockin' on his scooter (around 10:00) :rofl-lol:

and by the end of Rosie (around 4:45) you can hear the "incident" we discussed here 

he should have a tooter on his scooter, so he can honk to hot women. it's belgian tradition  :rofl-lol:

Edited by action