05/22/16 - Prague, Czech Republic - Letnany Airport

downzy

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

this is brutal. really fucking nuts.

axl is pushing his voice really hard here.

listening to this i can only think that it is just too bad he chose to sing with his "weak" voice on touch too much

it just sounded weak

back in black, on the contrary, sounds insane

:headbang:

===

changing the subject

listening it seems like Axl is singing faster than the band is playing the song and it seems like his singing pushes the band to follow suit and thus makes the song a tad faster

so -- (now a bit of conspiracy theory) is axl the one telling frank to play really fast on the threeunion tour? 

Being realistic I'd say yes. I can't see them speeding anything up he didn't want done or another band member.

Edited by BOSSY78
add

7 hours ago, Andy14 said:

So, here's my review

You could see all over Prague that something was going on today. I got to the venue at half past 3 and the waiting was terrible. The weather was really hot today (maybe the hottest day this year) and there was no escape from the sun, so I was really tired even before the show. I think Axl should buy me a huge present since I was there because of him :P

When the intro started I had goose bumps but it took me another 2 songs to finally see Axl, I was quite close to the stage (I think 10th row) but the people went crazy and I couldn't see shit. Axl sounded great to me, yes, there was a moment when his voice broke, but jesus, he's a human, he can't sound like a machine every single show. I was happy to see him moving around the stage, he was dancing and something like duck walking, it was funny. There was even a moment when he looked like he wanted to run :rofl-lol:. He went several times on the catwalk, so I could see him properly :drool:. The crazy thing about him was his outfit, it was hot as hell and not only was he wearing hat and jacket, he also had a shirt around his waiste :wacko: (I hoped to see without a hat and jacket, but that's Axl...)

He really stole the show, it was due to his move on the stage, more energy. For a while it seemed to me like Axl's concert with some guys playing in the background. He seems more confident now. As you've discussed here that TNT and Dirty Deeds shouldn't be played...they were among the songs with the biggest crowd reaction.

And yes, Angus and his solo. I thought that it would never end. Or not in this lifetime :max:. He really wanted to show who's the king. Sorry Angus, still Axl. 

The crowd was great where I was standing. Of course, there were older people who didn't move or sing but I'm pretty sure they enjoyed the show. 

I can't forget...Axl looked great (even with the stupid hats :max:), sometimes I could see his younger self, in his gestures, moves and face as well. :drool:

What a day! I'm happy to have seen it. And am sorry that you were kinda disappointed. Believe me, it wasn't bad at all. Sure, it makes a big difference watching it on YT or periscope and actually being there. 

Can't wait to see Axl with GNR :headbang:

Couldn't say it any better. I was there too. Seeing and hearing him live is a whole different story.

And we we're lucky enough to see him standing all the time, his stage presence and that voice...

The crowd was very mixed, lot of zombies :D

Although I was mainly there for Axl, you could say I was more an AC/DC fan than the actual ones, screaming and singing all along.IMG_20160522_220537.jpgIMG_20160522_215320.jpgIMG_20160522_215517.jpgIMG_20160522_204526.jpg

• Like 2

So after catching up on watching some videos( I couldn't wait to hear touch too much) I've come to the conclusion that paranoia is a major factor.

My guess is playing in pouring down rain cold then hot gave him a cold. It's pretty clear that's what it sounds like.

Cold aside he was great. 

Touch too much was a first and perhaps he went a little cleaner on it for now.

Either way freaking out because out of 6 shows he messes up or cracks in some people's eyes is a little over the top imo

Things to remember. Axl is used to later start times. The traveling and earlier times are not easy to get used to.

Next we have several shows in a week. GnR in general usually has a longer break in between shows. Though not always.

He played again 5 shows that everyone agrees were beyond perfect give him a break.

On a side note so glad the ACDC FANS forum is finally coming around. A lot of anti Axl there for a while.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOSSY78 said:

So after catching up on watctomorrowg some videos( I couldn't  wait to hear touch too much) I've come to the conclusion that paranoia is a major factor.

My guess is playing in pouring down rain cold then hot gave him a cold. It's pretty clear that's what it sounds like.

Cold aside he was great. 

Either way freaking out because out of 6 shows he messes up or cracks in some people's eyes is a little over the top imo

Things to remember. Axl is used to later start times. The traveling and earlier times are not easy to get used to.

Next we have several shows in a week. GnR in general usually has a longer break in between shows. Though not always.

He played again 5 shows that everyone agrees were beyond perfect give him a break.

On a side note so glad the ACDC FANS forum is finally coming around. A lot of anti Axl there for a while.

You say anti Axl it would be a bit like you waking up tomorrow & as GnR has never ever had any other front man to hear Mr xx singing GnR tracks would be very different for you & your thoughts would be mixed.

1 hour ago, BOSSY78 said:

So after catching up on watching some videos( I couldn't wait to hear touch too much) I've come to the conclusion that paranoia is a major factor.

Cold aside he was great. 

Well said mate, people just bitch and bitch, let us just enjoy while it last.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

You say anti Axl it would be a bit like you waking up tomorrow & as GnR has never ever had any other front man to hear Mr xx singing GnR tracks would be very different for you & your thoughts would be mixed.

Oh I wouldn't be happy but if it was for medical reasons I certainly wouldn't be calling the new singer a drug addict junkie when he's not among other things. 

I'd never accept a new singer under GnR unless it was medically necessary or Axl's decision. I have always sympathized with them not to mention ACDC is my second favorite band but I don't sympathize  with spreading false accusations or the way Axl has been treated at first. What happened in ACDC no matter isn't Axl's fault.

Aren't many GnR fans already accepting of other singers singing instead of Axl? I'm not one of them but many have seen MYLES or another sing for Slash or even Steven fronting thir bands singing songs Axl sings.

I have always supported their bands when they put new cds out.

Edited by BOSSY78
added
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

3:29 might be the worst missed note of Axl's entire career! But don't look at this post as hate, it's just one of those things you gotta laugh at...he'll be better next time 

That's the one that made me cringe when I was watching. I agree- never heard Axl get that far off...

2 hours ago, W.AxlRose said:

Couldn't say it any better. I was there too. Seeing and hearing him live is a whole different story.

And we we're lucky enough to see him standing all the time, his stage presence and that voice...

The crowd was very mixed, lot of zombies :D

Although I was mainly there for Axl, you could say I was more an AC/DC fan than the actual ones, screaming and singing all along.

Thank you. I was also singing the songs. Who would have though it? A month ago I knew only 4 their songs and now... :headbang:

Yes, Axl's stage presence is great and his voice really got under my skin 

Btw. I've read the "official" reviews and all are very positive, everyone is surprised by Axl's great behaviour lol. Also the comments on the reviews are great, strange as it may seem but people really love Axl :o. Some acdc fans are seriously thinking of going to gnr show. Axl is turning many people into his fans. :wub:

• Like 1

I was there. In a nutshell: the crowd was terrible (zombies), Axl was good (except for some moments) but I'm sure it was his worst show so far. he still sounded better than during GNR shows in 2011 and 2014 though. Touch Too Much made my day. I talked to some orthodox AC/DC fans after the gigg, all of them were positive.

Edited by Rayno

3 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Would they have added another show in Germany if Axl didn't think his voice was holding up alright? They must have gotten him to sign off on it right? 

That show was decided on a while back, they were just checking demand, you have to book a stadium way too far in advance for this to be a last min deal.

as far as the show reviews go...Axl is fine. He could screw up the rest of the shows but nobody cares...first impressions are everything

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

That's the one that made me cringe when I was watching. I agree- never heard Axl get that far off...

God that was horrendous. He must have just had an off night. I take back all the different options, it seems he just couldn't get it going. It happens, we all have off nights. I'm sure he more than anyone knows it was a bad performance and I'm sure he'll make sure it doesn't happen again. Hopefully he doesn't act like UYI Axl on the Guns tour and have a multitude of vocal problems and start not showing up/cancelling etc.

3 hours ago, spliff said:

has nothing to do with him standing he makes a choice to sing certain songs in that herbert the pervert voice

That's the best description I've ever read of the "Mickey" voice. Accurate description of Rio 2011 most of all. :lol:

But on a serious note, I agree. The standing should make it easier because his chest is less compressed, and he's not running around so it's not a matter of breath. Just an off night.

36 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

AC/DC tweeted that TTM was played for the first time since 1979, but diehards have been convinced for a while that the band never actually played it. So I'm not sure what to believe.

Even if they're counting Top of the Pops it's wrong anyways because that was 1980. Conspiracy!

• Like 1