05/22/16 - Prague, Czech Republic - Letnany Airport

downzy

It's lovely to see this support for Axl. Yay Team Axl! I get that it's scary when Axl's voice is not in the best shape. Nobody wants another Bridge School. But if he is sick he is sick. What can you do. He does his best even with a snotty nose. It doesn's sound so great, but that doesn't mean he is going to suck forever. Of course those who didn't like his sound during 2011-2014 it felt like forever and a day... :D Anyway, I'm sure if he gets to rest his voice and beats the germs it will be fine again.

17 minutes ago, Epson said:

Wow Zorro-Axl :o

13221704_1216491411695734_1570173069594704221_n.jpg.bf1ea98fae02945c5b6c8c885454c94e.jpg

471183-zorro.jpg

Haha, great! He came to save the music :headbang:

But I wouldn't give him the sword, we all know he's a bit clumsy, so he'd probably stab Angus with it or cut his healthy leg...:ph34r:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

But I wouldn't give him the sword, we all know he's a bit clumsy, so he'd probably stab Angus with it or cut his healthy leg...:ph34r:

:rofl-lol:

57 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I can't believe people are even mentioning Bridge School in the same sentence as this show. Bridge School was Axl's worst performance of all time. This is still better 95% of his performances from 2011-2014. 

Agreed! Plus the added difference/bonus here is that he is giving 110% and is clearly trying. It was just an off night. It's only the sixth show. If people are truly worried he's blown out his voice then he would have never lasted the Guns tour anyways! He'll be fine.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, metalms said:

I think Axl has been doing an amazing job.  He is not always going to give his BEST performance the guy is human, but he has been doing one hell of a job!  Think of All the adversity he has faced.  Fighting a cold through the Vienna and Prague Shows (It is obvious now) Dealing with a broken foot, the challenge and extreme scrutiny by the media performing with AC/DC.  Navigating through a complicated GNR reunion.  I read some horrible things in the press that would have in the past sent Axl off the rails, but he has handled it with professionalism and has worked hard through it all. He gives it his all every night. Being an Axl fan and following his career since the beginning, it is a great time to be a fan, and although the haters abound he is finally getting some of the respect that he deserves.   It is so nice seeing him smiling and enjoying himself up there.  I find myself smiling along with him.  As his fans we need to support the guy, not always be ready to pounce and waiting with a critique.  Not saying you don't have a right to an opinion, but I  think a lot of people forget when someone is truly singing live how hard it is to keep that same level through every performance.  Except for Hells Bells and For those about to Rock all the other songs sounded the same as previous performances to me.  Lets not jump the gun, "pun" ; ) We all have to see how it all plays out in the end. 

Right...and I said that myself in 2 comments how he did rock and sounded great!...but there were a few iffy songs. Most people said the same thing while we were watching live on Periscope. Later on did we realize that he must have been sick. But don' t get me wrong, it was an awesome show! :)

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

:rofl-lol:

Oh God, that has to be one of the best compliments and best digs in one post.

3 hours ago, Cory Trevor said:

he also pronounces words in a way that make the clean voice sound cheesy... think estranged "i knew the storm was getting closaaah", if he pronounced the hard R and attacked words with a bit more diction, he would sound better using the clean voice IMO

He can't help that he was a product of the 90's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbo 27 said:

Damn, I'll say it again....these guys are such pros. They know how to run their business.

Beyond that, Axl sounds and looks badass on this. Even if you look at the comments section, the Axl supporters among the AC/DC fans are swamping the naysayers and sticking up for him. Just amazing.

One of my absolute favorites - "At first I fucking hated the idea of axel singing for AC/DC as there my favourite all time band but he actually sounds like Bon Scot's & Brain Johnsons secret love child! Actually really impressed by the fucker" :lol:. Still, how difficult can it be to spell Axl?

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1