05/22/16 - Prague, Czech Republic - Letnany Airport

downzy

1 hour ago, R.T. said:

We talked about it in a different topic on this forum :-) I asked him about the new GNR music with Slash and Duff :-) 

Did you ACTUALLY say Slash and Duff? Or did you just ask for plain new album? If you said there names, then that's what fucked up the question. LOL. :P

Another thing.. when he said "I don't know", what was the tone of it? Because there are many tones for that kind of reply. Like "I have no idea" one, like "this idea never crossed my mind" one, like "dont fuckin ask me what i dont know" one... well you get the picture.

Back to the :drool: topic..

This walk of Axl at 1:40 screams alpha male...... :drool:

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well it's the response we all knew was coming. The question rattled him and then he mumble a 'don't know' answer. 

we can't really take much from it, but I'm going to anyway. It's not looking promising. :( 

I'd take from it that his mind is as far away from making an album right now as possible. He's got two major tours going on right now that could take him into late 2017...he may get offered the ACDC gig full time, the gnr thing has barely started so we have a long ways to go there, the guy is super busy! I think he was stunned by the question bc the truth is he can't even imagine where he would find time to do work on an album right now. 

So yea the bad news is what we suspected. I think he wants to see how the gnr thing with Slash goes before breaking into the studio with him at the moment, and quite possibly he wants to see how this ACDC thing finishes so maybe he can be on their next record. The whole touring thing is likely a bit over whelming at the moment though so new material isn't even in sight yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, R.T. said:

Hello guys. Sorry for the delay. Today I was taking final high school exams so I was a little bit nervous :-D 

The show was great in my opinion. As you saw on the periscope Axl was walking for the whole show so the energy from the band to the crowd was much bigger than in the previous shows. Now I can see that the crowd in the back was pretty lame but in the first rows it was great. I was in the first row on the right side with my sister and best friend. In fact we were the ones who shouted TOUCH TOO MUCH to Axl before the You shook me all night long. When Angus started to play all night long we thought that our chances are lost and they will play it maybe in the next show. There was a very long break between the end of Let There be Rock and Highway to Hell if I compare it to the AC/DC show last year so the hope in us became alive again that something special will happen. 

Here I found the moment where you are screaming TOUCH TOO MUCH and Axl hears it :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'd take from it that his mind is as far away from making an album right now as possible. He's got two major tours going on right now that could take him into late 2017...he may get offered the ACDC gig full time, the gnr thing has barely started so we have a long ways to go there, the guy is super busy! I think he was stunned by the question bc the truth is he can't even imagine where he would find time to do work on an album right now. 

So yea the bad news is what we suspected. I think he wants to see how the gnr thing with Slash goes before breaking into the studio with him at the moment, and quite possibly he wants to see how this ACDC thing finishes so maybe he can be on their next record. The whole touring thing is likely a bit over whelming at the moment though so new material isn't even in sight yet.

I'd imagine fronting two bands right now takes everything Axl got, I think that he gets stressed out when anyone asks "when?" when it comes to new material as it is.

Nothing new really imo. It's like someone pushed the reset button when Slash and Duff came back. It's still too early, even if everything is going great between them (which seems to be the case) it will still probably take a while for Axl to fulfill his live duties and do the work needed to complete another Guns album with Slash and Duff.

If it ever happens, the promotion and everything that goes with it could be and should be huge. So the work in the studio and how exactly to release it will take time imo.

And why will Axl put more pressure on himself and the band when he's probably insecure about it or at the very least it's not gonna be a piece of cake to deliver a great Guns album. (although I believe they can pull it off)

2 to 3 years is my guess.

Edited by Rovim

24 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I'd imagine fronting two bands right now takes everything Axl got, I think that he gets stressed out when anyone asks "when?" when it comes to new material as it is.

Nothing new really imo. It's like someone pressed the reset button when Slash and Duff came back. It's still too early, even if everything is going great between them (which seems to be the case) it will still probably take a while for Axl to fulfill his live duties and do the work needed to complete another Guns album with Slash and Duff.

If it ever happens, the promotion and everything that goes with it could be and should be huge. So the work in the studio and how exactly to release it will take time imo.

And why will Axl put more pressure on himself and the band when he's probably insecure about it or at the very least it's not gonna be a piece of cake to deliver a great Guns album. (although I believe they can pull it off)

2 to 3 years is my guess.

new album in 8 steps

1) do this threeunion tour all the way 2016-2017,

2) take 3 to 4 months to rest

3) get izzy and a decent drummer (steven hopefully) back onboard

4) get rid of the hired hands -- all of them

5) get together to jam and write. it should take 1-2 months to write an album

6) record the said album. it should take 2 or 3 months (10-20 days for the band to record the tracks, plus 60-80 days for axl to add vocals and all the other crap that he likes to add)

7) release the fucking thing

8) HEY, YOU GOT AN ALBUM!

thats all there is to it = it so easy

Edited by ludurigan

11 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

love love love when Axl says "we're going to continue our happy times with Bon and friends" before Sin City! his voice is soooo sexy, not just singing but his speaking voice make me *swoon* :D

Did he say this before the Prague show? I only caught him asking the crowd if they were ready to 'gamble with their lives'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

new album in 8 steps

1) do this threeunion tour all the way 2016-2017,

2) take 3 to 4 months to rest

3) get izzy and a decent drummer (steven hopefully) back onboard

4) get rid of the hired hands -- all of them

5) get together to jam and write. it should take 1-2 months to write an album

6) record the said album. it should take 2 or 3 months (10-20 days for the band to record the tracks, plus 60-80 days for axl to add vocals and all the other crap that he likes to add)

7) release the fucking thing

8) HEY, YOU GOT AN ALBUM!

thats all there is to it = it so easy

I don't think that's realistic at all. You're dealing with Axl. He's not gonna fire Fortus and Frank just cause you deem them not decent.

And Axl doesn't "jam" like it's Metallica. He carefully copy/pastes visions. Slash and Duff are probably gonna be a part of the vision, but I don't know if he'll suddenly change his approach to making music or will release a Guns album like it's nothing.

It's not easy, it's gonna take a while to put something together with this line up imo. (just like any other line up)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

Did you ACTUALLY say Slash and Duff? Or did you just ask for plain new album? If you said there names, then that's what fucked up the question. LOL. :P

Another thing.. when he said "I don't know", what was the tone of it? Because there are many tones for that kind of reply. Like "I have no idea" one, like "this idea never crossed my mind" one, like "dont fuckin ask me what i dont know" one... well you get the picture.

Back to the :drool: topic..

Yes I said SLASH and DUFF :-D just in case :-) People will kill me if he will say yes and then we will get a new album with DJ Ashba :-D 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Here I found the moment where you are screaming TOUCH TOO MUCH and Axl hears it :P

YEAHHH!!! Thank you very MUCH! I was trying to find the video from it but I have only found the ones where shook me all night long already started :-D Now I have a proof thanks to you :-))))

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R.T. said:

YEAHHH!!! Thank you very MUCH! I was trying to find the video from it but I have only found the ones where shook me all night long already started :-D Now I have a proof thanks to you :-))))

Was TTM originally on the intended setlist or was played spur at the moment after hearing requests for it?

worst ac/dc performance by axl yet....according to the videos. he sounded bored and not on fire like before.

the fact that he needed 3secs and was surprised by a obvious question...says it all. only slash and duff can push him to release a new album, but as quiet as they are now in public...i guess there is no new material or even plans for a new album.  

Edited by maxpax

2 hours ago, The Archer said:

Did he say this before the Prague show? I only caught him asking the crowd if they were ready to 'gamble with their lives'.

Yes, at the very beginning of this video: 

18 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Was TTM originally on the intended setlist or was played spur at the moment after hearing requests for it?

I think they may have planned it for some shows in the future but since there was a request for it they decided to change the plans. I was there and it seemed to me as an instant decision.

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

It says: Hey Angus, you're not the only attention whore here! Haha

Really, I'm so glad he can finally move on stage, can't wait for the moment he'll be throwing the mic stands again :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Archer said:

yes he does and it's so hot! plus him saying Bon's name like that was pretty epic for me. I love Axl's speaking voice too so the more he talks during these concerts the happier he makes me :) 

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

"According to the official AC/DC website and most worldwide releases, track four is "Given the Dog a Bone".[47][48] On some albums, particularly Australian releases, it is sometimes shown as either "Givin' the Dog a Bone" or "Giving the Dog a Bone"."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, R.T. said:

Aww you're welcome!! Glad that it made you happy :)

13 hours ago, R.T. said:

Yeah. Well done. Really the highlight for me.

On 24.5.2016 at 11:58 PM, R.T. said:

Hello guys. Sorry for the delay. Today I was taking final high school exams so I was a little bit nervous :-D 

The show was great in my opinion. As you saw on the periscope Axl was walking for the whole show so the energy from the band to the crowd was much bigger than in the previous shows. Now I can see that the crowd in the back was pretty lame but in the first rows it was great. I was in the first row on the right side with my sister and best friend. In fact we were the ones who shouted TOUCH TOO MUCH to Axl before the You shook me all night long. When Angus started to play all night long we thought that our chances are lost and they will play it maybe in the next show. There was a very long break between the end of Let There be Rock and Highway to Hell if I compare it to the AC/DC show last year so the hope in us became alive again that something special will happen. 

Then it was HtH as usual and when Axl announced the song that the band havent played in a very long time (never in fact) we were like in an ecstasy. It reminds me that 2 years before I was born Prague GNR show was the first one from the two shows ever when they have played Dont Cry alternative lyrics :-) I was very proud :-)  

After the show it took us one hour to get to Four Seasons hotel because the only way was to use Underground because cars were prohibited in the concert area and in 15 streets around. When we reached the hotel there were already around 15-20 fans. After 30 minutes Stevie Young arrived and after some time which he spent in the hotel he returned and took a picture with us. After the next circa 30 minutes Axl arrived :-)

He was very kind and friendly. When he came to us he smiled and said to my sister and me that he remember us because we were wearing AXL/DC T-shirts and that we were shouting TOUCH TOO MUCH. He loved especially my T-shirt with the wheelchair :-D When I was taking a picture of him and my sis I ASKED HIM THE QUESTION! I think that he wasnt expecting that someone will ask him because at that moment his face completely froze to death :-D The same for his assistants or who it was (not Beta or Fernardo - they were already inside the hotel) After 3 seconds he said something like I DONT KNOW :-D Typical Axl :-D 

So this is my story. Sorry that I dont have better news about the GNR album but I was trying :-( :-D  In the official video of Givin The Dog A Bone from Prague you can see me in 0:20 :-D 

Was this picture taken before or after you asked the question?