05/26/16 - Hamburg, Germany - Volksparkstadion

downzy

He still sounds awesome, but I think the reason he's struggling a bit, and i said this on the previous show, is that he's not warming up before the shows anymore. He's getting complacent now he's already proven he can do it to the fans and the media. He also sounds good enough live (in the stadium to the live crowd) that he can get away without warming up. That combined with having to get on stage every show earlier than usual, he probably just can't be assed preparing haha. Also, the 3-4 day gap between shows of him not singing won't help. Whereas before he was rehearsing everyday.

Edited by AlexC

1 hour ago, lassie said:

Why are you finding all small mistakes he makes? He is human and not a machine, i have seen shows from 1991 and 1992 where he voice was much worse, but still awesome. Let us just enjoy it now, he is not 25 anymore, rock on.

I agree with this. One thing is what happened at Golden Gods (I won't even talk about Bridge School), other is a little failure in his voice. He's trying like a motherfucker, props to him, really!!

I agree with most he is screaming his voice every show & its bound to take its toll like most of us if we tried our voices would be shot to bits.

Also agree with hes not 25 now there will be changes nothing we can do about this. & this is only the start 6 shows left then near a week off then hes got a full Stadium tour in U.S.

It seems like he's recovering from a cold, which he needs to do without singing his balls off. But that's the problem, he's stuck between a rock and hard place. They can hardly cancel a show and reschedule it, can they?

5hr drive to hamburg due to shitty traffic, 4hrs of sleep and then back to depressing job. But it was very much worth it. ACDC put on a huge show, no doubt about that. Its very impressive.

I've seen Axl 11 times now, but i still get goosebumps every time he walks on stage. This guy is just something else and i am so greatful that i am a fan of him.

The show was pretty cool, Axl sounded phenomenal and seemed to be in awesome mood. Dancing and walking around a lot. HE definetely steals the show fromt he other guys in the band, no doubt about that. I had the feeling he was very well received be the audience. The audience was pretty good. Was a nice change after those boring US crowds from the GNR shows. I had press tickets so i had a pretty good spot. Trying to get tickets for Düsseldorf aswell.

One thing that bothers me, maybe not so much since i am not a ACDC fan, but their shows are very structured. You know what you will get from A to Z and you will get just that, which is a great show, but there is no spontanity, no going out of line, nothing unsual. It's kinda like going to a theater where you look on your sheet of paper to figure out which song is gonna come up next. Glad we dont have that so much with Guns

q9yg6f6z.jpg

nalxm39f.jpg

fg652obx.jpg

mdsic9hx.jpg

9i5gi9fm.jpg

5tf9emz8.jpg

f64pd5h7.jpg

wyzi962u.jpg

gmhts3pa.jpg

Back in Black fromy my phone. No HD, but the sound is ok.

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 4

Sounds fine imo...not sure where all the criticism is coming from.  Apparently most people criticizing his voice in these last few shows weren't around in the early 90's.  Axl always has had a moment or two during shows, even back then, that his voice may crack or wasn't 100%.  He still sounds great and loads better than he has sounded in years.  Plus, he's toned down some of the songs like TNT....he's singing it now instead of screaming...and that song actually sounds better. 

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Sounds fine imo...not sure where all the criticism is coming from.  Apparently most people criticizing his voice in these last few shows weren't around in the early 90's.  Axl always has had a moment or two during shows, even back then, that his voice may crack or wasn't 100%.  He still sounds great and loads better than he has sounded in years.  Plus, he's toned down some of the songs like TNT....he's singing it now instead of screaming...and that song actually sounds better. 

True, very true, he sounds fine, damn some shows in the 90's he sounded very harsh, but he still sounded good.

• Like 1

I really hope this is a temporary thing and he recovers the power in his voice soon. The difference between the first shows and the last ones is notorious. I mean, I've been listening to the Marseille bootleg nonstop, it's fucking great. This Hells Bells is painful to listen to.

14 hours ago, Max Kowalski said:Hi,

I´m back from show right now. It was O U T  S  T A N D I N G . Axl rocked them all. There was no flaw. Maybe For Those About was a little weak, but on a very high level. Every song was a killer. High Voltage, Given The Dog A Bone were great as ever, but  SIN CITY was unbelieveable good. Axl took Germany! It was a night to remember. The best performance of Axl I´ve ever witnesst so far. And he danced. My god did he dance. All snake and all boogie. Axl is Bon. No doubt. Get ready, motherf**kers, something big is coming your way.

Kind regards

Max K.

That's exactly what I think. He sang his ass off for over two hours and enjoyed every moment. No oxygen breaks and all that shit. Incredible performance. And who cares if he had a weak moment in one song? Nobody. He was on fire last night! :D

• Like 2

He sounds great on 99% of the show but I think everyone has a slight concern that it's doing damage to his overall vocals when they hear a voice crack at the top of his range. Obviously we all think and hope it's temporary but it can be a concern with over 40 scheduled shows from now until August.