05/26/16 - Hamburg, Germany - Volksparkstadion

downzy

1 hour ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

there's always a huge gap between what u hear there and in the recordings, Axl is doing very good.

Yes, at the venue you get caught up in the moment and can't judge the vocals objectively. Where you're positioned also plays a part - way up front you can't hear everything so clearly.

And, in the last few years Axl would sound way worse in pro-shots, so.

Edited by AFGnR

11 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

This show sounds better than the last, so I'm betting on him just having a cold. I'm not concerned.

Exactly, this show shows obvious improvement. He now only struggles on the very high notes it seems, so that may be a sign that the issue is clearing. :headbang:

• Like 1

ya, I think an acdc album with axl on vocals is what iv been waiting for.  All the songs are better.  Brian was great, but after thunder struck era i lost interest.  his vocals became to musshy.  axl brings back the bright rasp that brian had on back in black

For those complaining this his vocals are inconsistent right now, don't even bother watching/attending the summer shows for GNR then. There are some stretches when he only has a day between shows with zero time to "recover." We can't expect every single one to have Axl at peak vocal range, he's going to have some off nights. I feel like people think Axl is some perfectly handcrafted singer that God personally made. For what it's worth we haven't heard him this great in a while, let's just enjoy it. Flaws and all.

• Like 3

I wouldn't say that people are complaining about his vocals. I think they are(including me) just worried that he's losing his voice. When we all find out that Axl was gonna do this shows with AC DC a lot of people were worried that he might destroy his voice singing this songs. Let's just hope this isn't the case here and it's just cold

7 hours ago, AlexC said:

He still sounds awesome, but I think the reason he's struggling a bit, and i said this on the previous show, is that he's not warming up before the shows anymore. He's getting complacent now he's already proven he can do it to the fans and the media. He also sounds good enough live (in the stadium to the live crowd) that he can get away without warming up. That combined with having to get on stage every show earlier than usual, he probably just can't be assed preparing haha. Also, the 3-4 day gap between shows of him not singing won't help. Whereas before he was rehearsing everyday.

You, sir, are clearly backstage before each gig.

Imo, either he has a cold, either higher rasp songs are killing his vocal chords. Just like 2010 did to him.

Seeing as how BIB, ROB, and Thunderstruck (among others) still sound fine, I truly do think he is just recovering from a cold and maybe a touch of laryngitis. That would explain the cracks in other songs and how he's better today than Prague. Thanks to years of Bridge School and beyond I think it's understandable that we worry about longevity. 

16 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

not his best for those about to rock...lots of voice cracks 

I know it's not feasible because the people want to hear certain songs, this one included, but if it were up to me ( and probably Axl as well tbh ) i'd only want to have Axl perfoming Bon Scott songs. he seems to have an easier time w/them and well, I just straight up LIKE them better ;) 

1 hour ago, nelsontod said:

if his voice can make it through 88, it can make it through anything.  I would say its bullet proof at this point.

Well. If he couldn't make it through 12 shows in 1 month and a week, then it would be time for him to hang it up anyway.

people can call me a negative nancy, but i think he blew his voice out on those first few (excellent) shows. if it's just a cold, then fair enough, but you shook me all night long sounds like classic Mickey -- the way he had been singing for the last few years, basically... i would find it highly coincidental. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Estranged Reality said:

people can call me a negative nancy, but i think he blew his voice out on those first few (excellent) shows. if it's just a cold, then fair enough, but you shook me all night long sounds like classic Mickey -- the way he had been singing for the last few years, basically... i would find it highly coincidental. 

I don't agree. There's a world of difference between this and say, Appettite for Democracy Blu-ray. There's power and tone to this voice, it sounds great tbh, not so, new Guns. This is a long way from whiny, thin 'classic mickey'.

• Like 1

Yeah, the "Mickey" here is a result of him trying but not quite making it. Clearly the rasp wants to come out but it's cutting it thin. Mickey in 2011-2014 was Axl not trying (for the most part). Like someone above me said, if Axl has the capability of blowing out his voice in six shows then how did we even expect him to make it through the Guns tour?