05/26/16 - Hamburg, Germany - Volksparkstadion

downzy

the power Axl is putting in his vocal performance currently is helping his vocal strength. He's training those muscles to be adapt to that level of singing. 

his voice will get stronger this year before it gives out. As long as he practices everyday he'll be fine, if he takes a lot of time off then he's screwed 

• Like 1

True, he needs to practices every day, maybe with a good coach. But i don't think that is him, but as long as he sings alot and pratices and warm up before each show, i think it will be fine. And there is a 10 day gap between AC/DC tour and GNR tour, he can relax a bit there and take care of his voice.

1 minute ago, lassie said:

But are there alot of singers who blow out there voice? Brian Johnson and Ozzy, and James Hetfiels etc do they blow there voice too?

Blowing out your voice is very difficult to do just singing...usually smoking has a big effect on vocals at some point. Alcohol can thin it out, not practicing or doing warm up exercises will hurt vocals, being sick will hurt. But just singing would be hard to blow your voice like that...especially if you're a professional singer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Aside from some small cracks, I really don't hear like he's done bad in the Hamburg show.

I'm sorry but the audio quality of some videos is really bad. Will not judge him from those sources.

True mate, i think it sounds good so far :lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, riot said:

You, sir, are clearly backstage before each gig.

Imo, either he has a cold, either higher rasp songs are killing his vocal chords. Just like 2010 did to him.

What? I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you're trying to say/your point.

I was worried about this happening. I feel it was almost inevitable. I don't know whether it is a cold or whether he totally blew out his voice out.  I am glad that he's trying to protect his voice and not fully pushing it like in 1991.  He doesn't sound horrible horrible but he has sounded better.  I'm just glad that it's a short leg of the tour that is almost over.  Thank you Axl for sacrificing your throat to give us some of the most amazing live vocals in rock history.  We love you and we salute you!

If Axl has damaged his voice at all, it's not by much. Considering how he still sounds (which is still great in my opinion), he wouldn't be able to do what he's doing if he actually blew out his throat.

That said, I still think he's just sick and regardless I think he'll be completely fine by the time the Guns tour starts. No need to worry at all.

• Like 1

On May 26, 2016 at 6:40 PM, cheesecake said:

Lol looks like we have another assigment yet for future concert goers who gets to meet our Axl haha....

Tell him while we understand the need to cover up due to the cold weather, he looks far awesome with less clothings piled on him. Or least get rid of the hats and glasses.

Or we could thank him for a great show. And respect his right to wear what is comfortable to him, whatever helps him put on his best performance. 

What he wears should only be important to him. Fans shouldn't care what clothes a grown man wears. He isn't a piece of meat, nor should we shame him for his attire. 

His concerts and albums are what is important. Not his shirt or glasses, those are pretty superficial things to care about.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexC said:

Sounds incredible to me, you have to understand. It's a tour with incredibly demanding vocals. I'm a huge AC/DC fan and here, Axl at 54 sounds better than Brian did at 34. AND... This is his 6th or 7th consecutive show on the tour! He truly is the most versatile vocalist of all time and I'm being 100% subjective here, my GN'R fandom aside, the man is an animal. I mean come on, the guy's "off nights" are still miles better than at least any of his contemporaries, we are truly witnessing greatness here folks. Enjoy it. (As I will on June 9) ;).

Lol, not biased at all. 

AC/DC type songs are pretty much tailor made for Axl's voice. You Could Be Mine and Paradise City are basically AC/DC songs. 

So not showing a lot of versatility there. Let's hear an all Queen show and then we can talk about his vocal versatility.  And his off nights are clearly not better than his peers best nights. Comments like that just make you look like a fanboy and completely reduce any strength from all your other comments. 

But yes, your hyperbole aside, Axl is one of the best rock singers of all time. We knew this before these last AC/DC shows. 

Axl is one of the best. But the over-the-top statements are a bit cringeworthy. 

Youre wrong mate.  Axl is not one of the bests..

AXL IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

Maybe there was an argue before between axl and mercury.

But once the guy is the lead singer with TWO OF THE GREATEST 6 BANDS OF ALL TIME.., just months after he was cataloged as the singer with the MOST WIDE VOCAL RANGE OF ALL TIME. 

So .. Game over..  Mr Rose is the undisputable number 1

Youre wrong mate.  Axl is not one of the bests..

AXL IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

Maybe there was an argue before between axl and mercury.

But once the guy is the lead singer with TWO OF THE GREATEST 6 BANDS OF ALL TIME.., just months after he was cataloged as the singer with the MOST WIDE VOCAL RANGE OF ALL TIME. 

So .. Game over..  Mr Rose is the undisputable number 1

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AlexC said:

What? I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you're trying to say/your point.

Sorry, i said that because you assumed axl stopped warming up bedore gigs. I mean, nobody on mygnr knows if he does or not.