05/26/16 - Hamburg, Germany - Volksparkstadion

downzy

8 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

Youre wrong mate.  Axl is not one of the bests..

AXL IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

Maybe there was an argue before between axl and mercury.

But once the guy is the lead singer with TWO OF THE GREATEST 6 BANDS OF ALL TIME.., just months after he was cataloged as the singer with the MOST WIDE VOCAL RANGE OF ALL TIME. 

So .. Game over..  Mr Rose is the undisputable number 1

Youre wrong mate.  Axl is not one of the bests..

AXL IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

Maybe there was an argue before between axl and mercury.

But once the guy is the lead singer with TWO OF THE GREATEST 6 BANDS OF ALL TIME.., just months after he was cataloged as the singer with the MOST WIDE VOCAL RANGE OF ALL TIME. 

So .. Game over..  Mr Rose is the undisputable number 1

Rawr. 

A lot of guys could fill in for Brian. Go to any forum that isn't a GnR forum and you will see a lot of music fans who don't worship Axl and his voice like you do. A screeching cat is something that gets repeated. Heck, a lot of people were begging for the singer from Jackyl to take the substitute job. Jason McMaster could have easily done it. Singing with that gravely rasp - it isn't exclusive to Axl and Brian. 

The vocal range thing was kind of a sham. Hitting a note for one second doesn't mean you are an expert at every note in that range. And even Axl said he wasn't number one. Mick Jagger doesn't have a huge vocal range, does that mean he isn't amazing?

Your idolization of Axl is fun to watch. It's good he still has such devoted fans who think he does nothing wrong. 

But there is no game over or undeniable fact. There is your opinion.  Which you are entitled to. But just because you strongly believe something doesn't mean it's a fact. Not by a long shot. 

I would highly suggest you expand your horizons a bit and listen to some other singers. You might be surprised at what you find. The music world doesn't revolve around Axl. There actually are some people out there with amazing voices. 

Acdc was in Axl's wheelhouse. It wasn't a stretch for him to sing these songs. GnR has been doing acdc covers for years. 

Fanboy worship aside. Axl is one of the greatest rock frontmen of all time. His small catalog of music prevents him from being the hands down undisputed GOAT. If GnR had released 4-5 more albums and Axl's live performances had remained at an A level during his career (you have to admit, he hasn't always sounded great life in his career) then he had the potential to be the greatest of all time. 

That's nothing to cry about.  There aren't that many guys you can even put into the conversation. It's a pretty elite list to be on. 

Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time. But is he the best of all time? Probably not. And that's OK. As long as he is your favorite - that's should be all that matters to you. But sounding good in 2016 and filling in for a few concerns for another band doesn't erase the last 20 years. 

You know what's funny? Go ask my friends, family, coworkers or neighbors about me and they will tell you I'm the biggest GnR amd Axl fan they know. The only place people don't think that is on this GnR FAN forum, and mainly the people who worship Axl or think he is a God who does nothing wrong. 

But anyway. 

Axl is my favorite. 

Axl is one of the greatest. 

Is he the greatest? Could have been. But probably didn't live up to that. Still had a small window to capture that imaginary title. But as of now, while not the GOAT (which isn't a real thing) he certainly belongs in the conversation. 

A safe ranking might be top 5 hard rock singers, top 10 rock singers and top 50 overall singers. 

But it's perfectly OK if he is number one on your list. 

One thing about Axl being the right replacement outside of his voice is his ability to command a stage. Not many tribute singers have heard their voice echoing across a 70,000 seat stadium with screaming fans, not many have the experience of running a show from the stage. Axl brings the experience and know how to deliver not only great vocals but also helps in making the show run smooth. Angus is no doubt the boss but having Axl along side him frees him up a bit...I believe Axl has taken many responsibilities on himself bc he would have a hard time sitting back just singing. He likes a little control too so I think Axl has been beneficial in more ways than voice.

Edited by IncitingChaos

39 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

One thing about Axl being the right replacement outside of his voice is his ability to command a stage. Not many tribute singers have heard their voice echoing across a 70,000 seat stadium with screaming fans, not many have the experience of running a show from the stage. Axl brings the experience and know how to deliver not only great vocals but also helps in making the show run smooth. Angus is no doubt the boss but having Axl along side him frees him up a bit...I believe Axl has taken many responsibilities on himself bc he would have a hard time sitting back just singing. He likes a little control too so I think Axl has been beneficial in more ways than voice.

I absolutely agree. On the first shows, he was "only" the voice in the background, but once he got off the chair, he's started commanding the stage again and has taken over the show a bit. Now it's not only Angus and friends, but two great men of rock history. Axl adds a lot energy and charisma. 

There's one thing I'm curious about. Axl walked many times on the catwalk in Prague, but not once in Hamburg (from what I've heard). Did Granpa Angus tell him not to do so? :ph34r:  #conspiracytheory 

28 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I absolutely agree. On the first shows, he was "only" the voice in the background, but once he got off the chair, he's started commanding the stage again and has taken over the show a bit. Now it's not only Angus and friends, but two great men of rock history. Axl adds a lot energy and charisma. 

There's one thing I'm curious about. Axl walked many times on the catwalk in Prague, but not once in Hamburg (from what I've heard). Did Granpa Angus tell him not to do so? :ph34r:  #conspiracytheory 

Axl missed a lyrical que on Back in Black which is early in the show. I'm thinking he was facing a technical difficulty or just wanting to make sure he got the lyrics right. He didn't wander too far from middle so maybe their radio frequency was being thrown out of wack when he got too far. Angus wouldn't tell him to not walk down there. It was Axl's decision. He'll probably start doing it again the next show 

53 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I was in Hamburg and axl walked on the catwalk a few times:) 

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

Rawr. 

A lot of guys could fill in for Brian. Go to any forum that isn't a GnR forum and you will see a lot of music fans who don't worship Axl and his voice like you do. A screeching cat is something that gets repeated. Heck, a lot of people were begging for the singer from Jackyl to take the substitute job. Jason McMaster could have easily done it. Singing with that gravely rasp - it isn't exclusive to Axl and Brian. 

The vocal range thing was kind of a sham. Hitting a note for one second doesn't mean you are an expert at every note in that range. And even Axl said he wasn't number one. Mick Jagger doesn't have a huge vocal range, does that mean he isn't amazing?

Your idolization of Axl is fun to watch. It's good he still has such devoted fans who think he does nothing wrong. 

But there is no game over or undeniable fact. There is your opinion.  Which you are entitled to. But just because you strongly believe something doesn't mean it's a fact. Not by a long shot. 

I would highly suggest you expand your horizons a bit and listen to some other singers. You might be surprised at what you find. The music world doesn't revolve around Axl. There actually are some people out there with amazing voices. 

Acdc was in Axl's wheelhouse. It wasn't a stretch for him to sing these songs. GnR has been doing acdc covers for years. 

Fanboy worship aside. Axl is one of the greatest rock frontmen of all time. His small catalog of music prevents him from being the hands down undisputed GOAT. If GnR had released 4-5 more albums and Axl's live performances had remained at an A level during his career (you have to admit, he hasn't always sounded great life in his career) then he had the potential to be the greatest of all time. 

That's nothing to cry about.  There aren't that many guys you can even put into the conversation. It's a pretty elite list to be on. 

Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time. But is he the best of all time? Probably not. And that's OK. As long as he is your favorite - that's should be all that matters to you. But sounding good in 2016 and filling in for a few concerns for another band doesn't erase the last 20 years. 

You know what's funny? Go ask my friends, family, coworkers or neighbors about me and they will tell you I'm the biggest GnR amd Axl fan they know. The only place people don't think that is on this GnR FAN forum, and mainly the people who worship Axl or think he is a God who does nothing wrong. 

But anyway. 

Axl is my favorite. 

Axl is one of the greatest. 

Is he the greatest? Could have been. But probably didn't live up to that. Still had a small window to capture that imaginary title. But as of now, while not the GOAT (which isn't a real thing) he certainly belongs in the conversation. 

A safe ranking might be top 5 hard rock singers, top 10 rock singers and top 50 overall singers. 

But it's perfectly OK if he is number one on your list. 

I don't agree that the Jackyll singer or Jason McMaster, cover band singers etc. could have done the job as handily as Axl.   Yes, there are a lot of great singers out there who can sing the songs. There are not a lot of great front men who can play to large stadiums in a beloved band. Angus knew that, that's why he didn't pick any of those singers despite the fact that he would have to pay Axl so much more and gamble with Axl's tarnished reputation.

18 hours ago, lassie said:

Love this show, but even then, he has a harsh voice at some songs, but damn it was awesome

the two rio shows are absolutely terrific! everyone on fire, you can hear izzy guitar in every song, axl singing so great,

fuck, GNR rocks!

:headbang:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lenni19 said:

I was in Hamburg and axl walked on the catwalk a few times:) 

42 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

I can confirm that

I'm glad to hear that. He can command the audience better from the catwalk :headbang:

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

People who say the best choice for the AC/DC situation was an unknown singer from a cover band always makes me :rofl-lol:

It is one thing to try to be objective but it is totally different to be a stubborn bitch and say anyone can do that job just for the sake of being negative or having prejudices against Axl.

If AC/DC had gone for one of those guys it would have been disaster. The requests for refunds would have been massive and the band would have been ridiculed to the max. Besides, who can pass from playing in a cover band, doing mostly an impersonation in a bar to sing in front of 60,000 people in a stadium without having a nervous breakdown before putting one foot on the stage?

Axl has decades of experience not only as a singer but as a performer. He's played all over the world for massive audiences, in countless venues, knows what's being on tour for a long time, taking planes every 2 days, arriving to hotels, getting ready for the shows and all the baggage that comes with it. How could a person who's never done this not freak out in the middle of it? You need a special mind and structure to deal with so much stress and such a huge responsibility. ACDC is a business after all, just like GNR, they not only play music, they put on a show. Anyone thinking a random guy without experience as an entertainer can do this and succeed, is really out of touch with reality.

There is no one lower in my list of losers than people in cover bands. Specially those who do it for years and years. It must be sad to be an imitator of real artists. Why not use all that time to become real musicians themselves?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ludurigan said:

the two rio shows are absolutely terrific! everyone on fire, you can hear izzy guitar in every song, axl singing so great,

fuck, GNR rocks!

:headbang:

Yes it was insane, damn they were on fire :headbang:

2 hours ago, Karri said:

No, lol. He is recovering from sitting on his ass. Vocals will suffer now that he is walking again.

No, lol. He's walking around; not running across the stage. He wouldn't be sounding any different sitting - something else is going on.

11 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

He's bloated from drinking everyday for the last 5 years...if he took a year off drinking and continued to excercise his face would lose most of that extra weight. 

If he took a week or two from drinking, he would look different. But yeah, axl looks like hes into a lots of drinking. Hes face is a lot more fat than the rest of the body. Bloated as hell. 

20 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

If he took a week or two from drinking, he would look different. But yeah, axl looks like hes into a lots of drinking. Hes face is a lot more fat than the rest of the body. Bloated as hell. 

Well if he wants to get rid of it then nobody better to ask than Duff...nobody was bloated like Duff in the 90's. But look at him now...excercise is great but you can't maximize your results unless you do the little things like eat good and stay away from alcohol. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Well if he wants to get rid of it then nobody better to ask than Duff...nobody was bloated like Duff in the 90's. But look at him now...excercise is great but you can't maximize your results unless you do the little things like eat good and stay away from alcohol. 

But he likes to drink. And he likes to eat chili burgers. He's 54 years old if you can't have a drink and eat a burger all the money in the world is worth balls. To some people of course.

And he doesn't like to work out. Not everyone can be dedicated, have the discipline or gives a fuck about this shit.

Edited by Rovim